The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Buying full collections

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ImperialDjo
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
ImperialDjo

Buying full collections Empty
PostSubject: Buying full collections   Buying full collections I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:55 am

Hi guys,

I'd love to hear your thoughts about buying full collections (for example all of ESB, complete w/ weapons and accessories, or all of POF, etc...) instead of tracking down figurines and accessories individually.

As I'm just starting out my collection, I first bought individual figurines off eBay and other sites, and then I came across a complete ROTJ set, supposed to be with original weapons. Although it was quite an investment, the total price came down to approx 10€ per figurine w/ shipping, which is my self-imposed upper limit for the moment (well, I already made some exceptions at Brians Toys :opps: ).

So I ordered this collection on an impulse, thinking it would be a great way to kickstart my collection and let me focus on SW and ESB lines.

But on a second thought I felt it was "too easy". I know it's a fact of life, but after all I don't find it satisfying to just "buy a collection" like this. I like better the idea of tracking down individual figurines, maybe trying to get their original weapon back afterward, and complete the set myself.

Maybe it's a newbie collector stuff and reality will catch up with me at some point (collections probably are better value in the long run, or easier, or whatever). But I sure would love to hear your thoughts about it !

Djo.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Buying full collections   Buying full collections I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:36 am

My collection now stands at 400-450 figures and I started out with a bulk buy back in 2004 of 77 figures of ebay.

Some people may think it's cheating but to me it was a quick "fix". I have since replaced 50% of them and weeded out all the repro's. In the long run buying in bulk and trading/seller the spares will help you fund your collection.

We aren't all millionaires now are we lol!

Back to top Go down
ImperialDjo
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
ImperialDjo

PostSubject: Re: Buying full collections   Buying full collections I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:38 am

walkie wrote:

We aren't all millionaires now are we  lol!

Indeed Smile the self-funding aspect of the collection is important !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying full collections   Buying full collections I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying full collections

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1