The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus Empty
PostSubject: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise

Once upon a time I was given a Christmas tip from a guy at work which was two cans of beer..... To say the least, I was fucking fuming! Two beers??? seriously, his shit tip cost me another tenner because I then had to buy more beer just to make it worth it's while!
Same thing happened a couple of years ago when I used my awesome knowledge to make a mockery of everyone in the Detail Game
I was generously awarded a prize from Steve (Cantina_Patron) which became the 1st Star Wars MOC I had owed since childhood. Naturally I was over the moon about this Very Happy  However, this has worked in much the same way as those two cans beer!
The figure was Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise. Being an obsessive collector and owning my first MOC.... I wanted more! And given that Lando in Skiff can be picked up for a reasonable price MOC wise, I decided to add more and create a small focus.... And trust me it is currently very small, but I'm hoping to extend this focus over the coming years so thought a starter limelight was needed Very Happy

So..... Here is Steve's costly legacy so far Razz  (I'm keeping a tally on cost Steve and you may recieve annual invoices :cool laugh:  )

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus Kenner10

Card - Kenner - ROTJ 65b (Made in Mexico)
Figure - Sculpt 3 Light brown - No COO (Lili Ledy with Lili Ledy Accessories)

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus Lando_16

Card - Kenner - ROTJ 77B
Figure - Sculpt 1 Light brown - H.K. COO

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus Lando_11

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus Palito10

Card - Palitoy - ROTJ 65A (With Kay-Bee price sticker)
Figure - Sculpt 2 Dark brown - No COO

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus Lando_17

Card - Palitoy - ROTJ 65B
Figure - Sculpt 2 Dark brown - H.K. COO

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus Lando_12

Card - Palitoy Tri-Logo - 70 Type C (with Kay-Bee price sticker)
Figure - Sculpt 2 Dark brown - No COO

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus Lando_13

Last edited by General Kahn on Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Great start and a cool story, Alex cheers

I love Lando Skiff he's a cool dude with his removable helmet and steampunkesque style.

I also won a Lando skiff moc from Steve in a Detail Game a long while back. Steve is like the Lando Skiff Moc magnate of the UK - just sitting on piles of Lando investments... he may feel generous one day and throw a few out here and there for mere mortals lke you and I... he's a good bloke but I'd def charge him a comission on your new addiction :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Alex, that's a nice start to your Lando Skiff focus. :clap:

You should start with a loose figure collection first and then work your way to the MOC's. :cool laugh:
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:07 pm

doh What have I done! Next time I host a detail game I'd better send the winner a pencil topper. :cool laugh:  

Seriously, that's a nice run you've started Alex. :clap: I'll look forward to watching it develop.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:10 pm

that's a nice looking run so far Alex, well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

I started a small run of ROTJ 77bk, Kenner, Jabba henchman, a while back, because they are fairly cheap (which thankfully rules out Yak Face and Amanaman of course). Haven't picked up any for a while now though, been a bit sidetracked with Vader mocs Smile
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:37 pm

very cool Alex cool run you have there Smile
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 4:41 am

Kenner 65B MIM & Palitoy 65A added Smile
Back to top Go down
Kenner76
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Kenner76

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:13 am

Awesome start to a very cool character run! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:23 am

Looking good Alex, great figure for a focus, as you say relatively inexpensive to pick up & quite a few variations considering he only came on the ROTJ cards, I got a little side tracked myself with MOC's & now have a couple of small run's, can be hard work tracking them down for the right price these days though, you going to add any baggies to the run? can be picked up pretty cheap.

Good luck with the mini focus. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus   The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The General's 'Small' Lando Skiff Focus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1