The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Palace blasters challenge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

Palace blasters challenge Empty
PostSubject: Palace blasters challenge   Palace blasters challenge I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 11:48 am

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help out with this to confirm that status of these blasters.

Bottom gun I'm sure is genuine and have put it here for reference. It's the top 2 that have me confused ...

Palace blasters challenge Dsc_0710

All 3 float, and all three bounce just the same and make the same sound with the drop test -- no clear give-away there.

Light grey one on top left was sold to me just this week with a blue saber Luke and stated as original. It has the hilt circle, but no evidence of the barrel bump. I haven't seen this repo listed here or on any other sites. It seems like it could be a grey version of the known black repo version. Any ideas?

The darker one on top right I've had for about a year now but haven't been able to work out its status. It has a really faint outline of the barrel bump, but the molding looks all messed up and a lot of flashing. It almost looks like it's been painted ... any ideas?

Palace blasters challenge Dsc_0711
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Palace blasters challenge   Palace blasters challenge I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:00 pm

The light grey one without the raised dot on the barrel is quite possibly a repro as all confirmed originals to our knowledge have the raised dot.

The darker grey with the slight raised dot could be original and a poor mould example. If you believe it might be painted try lightly scratching the surface of it to see if it reveals another colour underneath. Of course it's also possible it could be a repro too.

Certainly hang on to both in case other examples turn up. If you can provide individual pics of both these blasters showing both sides they go on the IG waiting list till we get more evidence.

Sorry can't help more than this for now, hopefully others can chime in.
Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Palace blasters challenge   Palace blasters challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:00 am

Hi,

Thanks for the input. I'm more than happy to organize some good quality close up photos of each blaster if it will help. How/where can I contribute them?

I've also asked the seller if they have any information about where that light grey blaster (top left in pics) came from. I'll post back if anything useful comes out of that.

Thanks, Jared.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Palace blasters challenge   Palace blasters challenge I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 am

Hi Jared. Feel free to post the individual pics in this thread, that way we can keep all the info together. Cheers, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Palace blasters challenge   Palace blasters challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palace blasters challenge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1