The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I needs some help or advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

I needs some help or advice Empty
PostSubject: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Some of you already know about my "lightsaber find" but I have recently been going through the carrying case again to see if I have missed something else. I pulled out some accessories and noticed that they have different markings than the ones under the hoods and helmets section. I will take and post pics a few minutes from now but I was wondering if anyone knows another site or link that goes in-depth into the hoods and helmets section. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:44 pm

I needs some help or advice Dsc01510

I needs some help or advice Dsc01511

I needs some help or advice Dsc01512

I needs some help or advice Dsc01513

I needs some help or advice Dsc01514

I needs some help or advice Dsc01515
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:11 pm

They are all known variants. The Teebo hood is from a no coo figure (the Taiwan version is different). The Leia Boussh helmet is found on Hong Kong & no coo figures. The Logray head dress may be Lili Ledy (I'll check).

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:15 pm

The Logray head dress does appear to be Ledy.  Do you have a Logray figure with no leg markings?

Here's a link to a thread I started some time ago relating to Logray head dress variants: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3750-logray-head-dress-question?highlight=logray+head+dress

Here's a pic of the Teebo hood found on Taiwan Figures (no number and a raised 'pin').

I needs some help or advice Sta60010
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Mr. Patron, Unfortunately, all the accessories that u see have no figure with them and vice versa. The Leia has the letter "D" Now I'm trying to figure out why and how there are Ledy figures in a case that had a pre-production, as well as marked Kenner figures
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Logray is one of 13 figures released on Kenner ROTJ 'Made In Mexico' cards.

Here's a pic of my carded example:

I needs some help or advice Dscn4410
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:13 am

Mr. Patron, hopefully you can answer me this question that has bugged me for quite some time now. Below is a pic of Luke with coo but I'm not sure why the circles are on his legs nor have I seen another Luke with circles on the legs.

P.S. I have thought about it being a circle variant Luke figure  lol! 

I needs some help or advice Dsc01516

I needs some help or advice Dsc01517

I needs some help or advice Dsc01518
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:26 pm

Are these circles molded in the plastic? They look to me to be paint circles. Like you get when an air bubble is trapped under the paint and the bubble edge dries then shrinks causing the bubble to pop and no longer be present but leaving behind the edges from the bubble.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 1:09 pm

Texan, I'm not sure what to look for when u say molded into the plastic. Also, have u seen other Luke's or other SW figures like this?
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 9:38 pm

I meant are the circles actually in the plastic or just the paint? Either way it looks to be caused by bubbles. If the plastic had excess air in it it could potentially make air bubbles or if the mold had foreign substance like dirt in it it could have caused uneven injection. Both of those seem less likely to be what this is and more likely the paint had some bubbling in it causing it to not coat evenly.

I have seen some air bubbles in paint application though not this large or to this extent on an action figure. It is interesting. I have seen some figures with sloppy paint and bubbles (just check the Poch/PBP thread) In my opinion this is just a factory error figure though. Might ask some others directly who have had large amounts pass through their hands as I am far from an expert and just a normal collector. I do have several luke farmboys, but none with this.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 5:12 am

I've not seen a figure quite like yours either Josh, but I agree that the circles do appear to be the result of air bubbles bursting as the paint dried. Only one leg appears to be affected, and the colours are also different, so that would lead me to conclude that the legs were painted using different batches of paint before assembly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I needs some help or advice   I needs some help or advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I needs some help or advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1