The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
Panaflex
New User
New User
Panaflex

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 2:44 pm

ArtooDetour wrote:
Welcome to TIG Panaflex welcome
Good luck with the hunt for Leia Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 3400529493

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
Alisdairmac
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 6:33 am

Hi.
I thought id come here and try to educate myself a bit more. Im in the UK, ive only been collecting a few years and am currently into mini rigs.

Alisdair
Back to top Go down
Taffius
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Hello   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2019 1:06 am

Taff
UK
Married
Mainly loose vintage with some carded and graded. Modern (Rogue One figures complete) all over the place. One proto.
Stopped by via SWF and to further experience espically in weapon identification as shit at spotting repro.

Diolch.
Back to top Go down
walking carpet
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 9:15 pm

matt
IA
collect early figures in played with condition. Grew up playing with these toys and was able to hold on to quite a few from then. Started collecting again about 5 years ago, just wanted to have a small display but it got bigger than i was planning. Still learning about different variants.
Back to top Go down
aeolus
New User
New User
aeolus

PostSubject: Hello TIG members !   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 8:04 pm

Hello everybody !

Really happy to be here within this great international SW fans and collectors community.

I am from Canada.

Well, I have a long story with Star Wars as it grabbed me while I was very young at the age of 5. And this, at the very early start of the saga in 1977. In fact, at the year of 5 it's been the first film I ever watched in a movie theater. My mother took me there, in the big city, with my brother, sister and cousin.

That has changed my life forever. I am not going necessary in comic-cons wearing costumes and all the things that goes with ( even if i find it very cool ) but it always been part of my life. I consider myself to be very lucky having been part of that early new frenzy in 1977.

I am single, without kids unfortunately. I worked in different fields all along my life, but for the last 18 year I am working in antiques / collectibles. Buying and re-selling. BUT my goal here is not to promote anything... Just happy to get a little nest where I can meet SW fans and collectors to discuss with them ( when I could find some free time ) and for answering to some other with the little knowledge I gained over the years. I am also sure that it would be THE place for me to find information that I could need.

As a French Canadian a low quantity of merchandise product has been released here with FR-ENG boxes. So do not hesitate to ask me anything about it. If I can provide some additional info, that will be my pleasure. The good point is that with all the SW stuff I've came across over the year, I have a strong database of Star Wars merchandise pictures. Mostly in high definition and I can resize it for the web and you guys and girls. I put my effort in the last year trying to understand and to make researches about COO of the figures.

Well, a lot to say but mainly, very happy to be there with you.

Please just remember to not request from me any info about where and when I do buy or re-sell SW stuff as it is strongly forbidden by the rules of this forum.

So, hello to everyone and again, thanks for having me !
Cheers
Frank

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 1841077745

Back to top Go down
renaskywalker
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 6:44 pm

HI!!!! This is my first comment at TIG, let me introduce myself, i am happy to be in this great SW group

Name: Renato Valenzuela
Single/Married: Married
Residence: Mexico
Kids: 2
Pets: None
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: i grew up with SW
How did you get here?: i think it was thru a webpage, do not remeber
Collecting Focus: Mostly vintage
Character Focus: Any rebelscum Laughing
Collecting interest: Vintage and modern
Back to top Go down
Trisha
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2020 10:27 pm

Name: Trisha
Single/Married: Widowed
Residence: Washington State
Kids: technically 1 but also raised 6 nephews
Pets: 2
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: My friends brother LOVED Star Wars
How did you get here?: Google searches trying to identify my figures kept leading me here
Collecting Focus: Vintage
Character Focus:
Collecting interest:
Looking For:
[/quote]

I'm in search of some guidance, knowledge and hopefully a few answers. A good friend of mine had an entire room full of boxes filled with old toys that his brother had been collecting since before my friend was born (my friend is 58). My friend told me they were left to him when his brother passed 25 years ago and asked if I was interested in taking them as he wanted the space back in his basement. At that point I started taking note of the items in the boxes and I found a box full of Star Wars stuff. I put the boxes in my spare bedroom 5 years ago and did nothing more with any of it.

At this time in our crazy world due to Covid and being a healthcare provider, I have ran into some hard times financially. I'm now looking at those toys as a source of income and wondering what I can sell to make ends meet. But I don't want to, inadvertently, do something wrong. Bottom line is I just want to make sure that I'm not taken advantage of or that I'm not misleading someone into buying something there not going to get because of my lack of knowledge. The last thing I want to do is mislead someone into buying something they are not getting because I was misinformed or sell something for the fraction of the value because I believed someone I maybe shouldn't have.

Here is where most of the problem started. I was completely clueless as to what I had or what I was doing. In an effort to condense the boxes to save space, I gathered up all the action figures along with some space ships and such and put them all in one big bag. I know when I did that all the figures had a weapon of some kind but now I have more figures than weapons. I'm not sure what happened to them. Since the boxes have remained in one place, I figure they are either in the bottom of one of the boxes somewhere or worse yet, they spilled onto the floor and got vacuumed up. I won't know for sure until I have time and a place to empty the boxes and look (there are over 50 boxes).

So, for now I have a few figures with no accessories and I'm trying to identify which variant I have. Off and on over the years, I have tried to educate myself on the subject of Star Wars Action Figures. To say that it is very confusing and overwhelming is an understatement. I have read web pages, looked at archive pictures, read blogs, watched videos and bought an action figure magazine to help me. I have a whole notebook full of "facts" that I've gathered. At the end of it all, I have more questions than I have answers. I'm hoping someone here can either help me or steer me in the right place to find the information I need. With extremely limited knowledge on this subject, I have a hard time even knowing what to google search for. For instance, I just learned what a coo was about 6 months ago and had no idea that was even a thing.

Here is one question I have. If I have a Darth Vader action figure with no accessory, how do you know if it is a double telescoping light saber Darth Vader or a single telescoping Darth Vader? How do you tell the difference without the light saber? There is a huge difference in value but I have found next to no information identifying the difference of the action figure itself. The stamp on it says 1977 Hong Kong. I searched several photo archives on coo stamps but could not find one that exactly matched the one I have. Another question is, which ever Darth Vader I do have, can I buy the original light saber and sell the set as original? Or is there something wrong with selling your action figure with an accessory you bought separately?

In closing, I know I have made a ton of mistakes and most of you probably want to wring my neck for it. I realize that now but at the time, I really didn't know any better. I'm not sure I still don't, but I'm here and I'm trying...
Back to top Go down
Picou
New User
New User

PostSubject: Pascal colector from france   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Hello, i m new in the forum here is my presentation

Excuse if my english is not very well !

Name: Pascal
Single/Married: married
Residence: France
Kids:1
Pets:1
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: Remember of my childhood . The universe
How did you get here?: by serching information on vintage kenner figure
Collecting Focus: Vintage kenner figure, coin, topps vintage card
Character Focus: Weequay yoda
Collecting interest:
Looking For:
Back to top Go down
Gabywan_1978
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Name: Gabriel Olivera
Single/Married: married
Residence: Germany
Kids: 2
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: The Anakin Message
How did you get here?: google
Collecting Focus: vintage
Character Focus: all of them, especially the Skywalker Family
Collecting interest: vintage
Looking For: Friends always, and to verify some items and finding some baggies sealed

Hello there, nice to get in the community.

All the best and stay healthy
Back to top Go down
Ham Salad
New User
New User
Ham Salad

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 1:07 pm

Name:  Matt
Single/Married:  Engaged
Residence:  Oklahoma
Kids: No
Pets: 2 Dogs 1 Cat
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: Saw it when I was 7yrs old in the theater.  Hooked from then on!
Collecting Focus: All things Vintage
Character Focus: None. Love them all.
Collecting interest:  Nothing specific
Looking For:  Knowledge, Information, Ideas on all things Star Wars (Except those God awful prequel &           postquel movies)

Stoked to be a part of the IG!

Back to top Go down
technogauntlet
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2021 8:36 pm

Name: CJ
Residence: Philippines
Kids: 3
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: Been a fan ever since the 1970s when "A New Hope" was released.
How did you get here?: Google
Collecting Focus: Vintage, everything 3.75inches, Sideshow 1/6th Scale
Character Focus: None. Everything.
Collecting interest: Vintage, everything 3.75inches, Sideshow 1/6th Scale
Looking For:
1) Star Wars friends
2) Star Wars fans who might be interested in buying 90% of my collection (I have three full rooms of them since 1977). I am currently sick hence need the medical funds. I also own the rarest Sideshow toy in the world. A one-in-the-world Sideshow release. With Certificate of Authenticity. Willing to let go too.

Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
Fireball
New User
New User

PostSubject: New here - wanting to sell my collection   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2021 6:02 am

Hi all, i am a star wars fan and loved playing with my figures in the 80s - my dad used to keep many boxed and i have quite a few that are now just gathering dust.  I have no idea on values and just want to get the fair values

I have some figures still boxed with French on the cards (ROTJ) and have many backing cards as well as many pre loved figures including a few ships, with raggy boxes etc

Here is an example

Can gather photos over the next few days if anyone is interestedWho's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 Img-2010
Back to top Go down
Atreyu
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 2:32 am

Hello TIG

Just found this place as i was looking for some info on some figures i have

Let me introduce myself

Name: Enrique
Residence: México
Kids: 1
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: Fan since i was a kid. i used to get the figures and he got some vehicles.
How did you get here?: Google
Collecting Focus: Vintage is my childhood, moving to lego now
Character Focus: All.
Collecting interest: Vintage, Lego
Looking For:
People to talk star wars with, knowledge, orientation
Back to top Go down
RobbyBlok
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
RobbyBlok

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2023 6:55 pm

Hi all…

My Name: Robby
Yeah… pfffff Age: 45🫣
Single/Married: Married 
Residence:Netherlands 
Kids: 1 👸🏼princess haha

Pets: 1 dog 
Reason(s) you love Star Wars: sinds I was a kid … and still can’t let it go!! After all that time it still give’s me that same feeling.. haha yeah!!
How did you get here?: always looking for info on real vintage star wars so I can ban repro 100% out! But took me years to finaly make an account…
Collecting Focus: 77-85 
Character Focus: thinking still a difficult question… 
Collecting interest: loose figures,MOC and MIB
Looking For: the missing figures as most of is😂😂 blue snaggletooth and vinyl Jawa..

So there you go.. 
ooow and still an Oldschool death metal head:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::metal_tone2:and 100% in midlifecrises :joy::joy:

Cheers Robby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE   Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's Who - Don't be shy... introduce yourself HERE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21