The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
darren.orme
New User
New User

Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  Empty
PostSubject: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi some of you know me I'm Darren and I make replacement inserts and am about to start doing the coloured ones for the 12" boxed figures and need measurements scans photos if you could help let me know thanks
Luke got all done
Leia got all done
Ben
C-3PO
R2-D2
Darth Vader
Boba Fett got but need photo scan of were back pack fits
IG-88
Stormtrooper
Han
Chewbacca
Jawa
I would gladly pay for your time or you can have any you don't have I have found a proper place to get them printed here is the proof they did for Leia
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Hi Darren,

Welcome to TIG.

Do you clearly mark your reproduction inserts so they can not be mixed up with the real thing?

If not I don't feel like I should support this initiative. Hope you understand then.
If you do mark them clearly I don't have a problem with them. They won't harm the hobby then and they have a place in the hobby.

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
darren.orme
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:21 pm

hi yes they are all clearly with an r made of pins that is unremovable i have sent some to imperial gunnery in oct 2013 for them to photo and document im trying to add photo but doesnt seem to work thanks
Back to top Go down
Richard_H
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi Darren and welcome,

Recognise you from the fb groups.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 3:17 pm

I believe I have your repro cardboard inserts here.  :opps: 

Something else for my TO DO LIST for early 2014

As for the markings, yes they are very clear, although only a circled R in one corner I easily spotted them when I first unpacked the inserts.

Photos and info will be posted soon....
Back to top Go down
darren.orme
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi yes lol the 12" boxed ones I'm about to start doing will have a similar mark how do I upload a photo carnt seem to do it thanks
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Here you go....

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5234-how-to-contact-the-tig-team-how-to-upload-pictures-to-the-forum
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 7:46 pm

darren.orme wrote:
hi yes they are all clearly with an r made of pins that is unremovable i have sent some to imperial gunnery in oct 2013 for them to photo and document im trying to add photo but doesnt seem to work thanks

Good to hear you show responsibility and mark your inserts clearly. Very Happy

About adding photos. New members have to wait a few days before they can upload pictures. Not much we can do about it, it is part of the forum platform we use for TIG.

If you want to have your pics uploaded please contact me or one of the other mods.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:28 am

Hi Darren,

You are now selling repro boxes for the Tatooine Skiff and for the 12 inch vintage line.

Do you clearly mark these as reproductions, like you do for your repro cardboard inserts?

Same question for the paperwork which comes with the 12 inch boxes.

Please let us know.

Marco

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 7:23 am

Is it just the 12 inch vintage you are after or the 1995 ones as well as I have around 20 of them give or take but like Dr Dengar said I to will only agree to help if they are clearly marked as to not be confused with the originals.
Back to top Go down
darren.orme
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 8:53 am

hi i have found a away to make reproduction boxes to a standard that has never been seen before completley digatized and restored then print onto a0 lustre paper stuck to card etc takes about 40-50 hours to restoreon pc blowing box up to 500% and going over every piece, i tell people what im doing not hiding anything everyting is marked see my ebay listings , i have had email and messages saying these boxes will now bring price of real original boxes right down , which is great for the average collector after the more rare boxes as yet i have all 12" box being done and tatooine skiff which is better than i could of ever imagined the flap when you open box has my mark i use , i dont hid anything i do unlike loads people on ebay sell un marked items instructions stickers weapons figures etc , for 7 years i have had message through ebay asking if i know any body who does boxes after i managed the coloured inserts a few moths ago i had just brought 12" boxes for my loose 12" and then decided i would try boxes after loads of trial and error i managed it EVERYTHING IS MARKED would put photos on but carnt figure how to do photos are on the face book sites
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:39 am

do ypu have a photobucket account you can load photos from there to here. those boxes do sound cool you could also put your ebay link here we could use that to see them as well.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:59 am

Hi Darren,

Thanks for chiming in, I apreciate that.

darren.orme wrote:
and tatooine skiff which is better than i could of ever imagined the flap when you open box has my mark i use , i dont hid anything.

darren.orme wrote:

EVERYTHING IS MARKED would put photos on but carnt figure how to do photos are on the face book sites

Lucikily your repro Tatooine box seems marked. Does the same apply to the paperwork which is sold together with the 12 inch repro boxes ("We really do care" leaflet, "Important" note etc.).
Please send me some pictures to my email address (I will send you a PM) and I will upload them for you.

darren.orme wrote:
i have had email and messages saying these boxes will now bring price of real original boxes right down , which is great for the average collector after the more rare boxes as yet i have all 12" box being done and tatooine skiff

I am not sure what kind of impact this will have for the MIB market.

I can imagine that sellers of pristine looking MIB items will have to provide pictures of the innerflaps in FS threads or ebay listings in the near future to proof they are selling a genuine vintage box and not a marked reproduction box.  
I can also imagine buyers want to be on the safe side and prefer their >C9 MIB items to be graded before buying them. In that case the price of very mint MIB items will rise instead of decrease.

For C8 and lower graded boxes I don't expect much impact. These boxes have small defects (damages around the corners, crush damage, etc.) which made them distinct from their repro counterparts. I hope these small defects will not be reproduced any time soon.

Off course once reproducton boxes will be available w/o any clear markings (other sellers), the shit will hit the fan, and the hobby will suffer a severe blow. Darren, you have a certain responsibility to the hobby, to keep your ''know how'' confidential, to hopefully prevent other sellers to make unmarked reproduction boxes.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:53 pm

darren.orme wrote:
tatooine skiff which is better than i could of ever imagined the flap when you open box has my mark i use , i dont hid anything

Why not just put "REPRO" on the box somewhere? Is your marking on the external or internal flap? If it's on the internal one someone could seal the box with an old roll of cello tape and try and pass it off as vintage.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:09 pm

most sellers are pretty good with repo stuff it is clearly marked repo on the outside but you do have a good point about someone passing off a taped one walkie.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:16 pm

walkie wrote:
darren.orme wrote:
tatooine skiff which is better than i could of ever imagined the flap when you open box has my mark i use , i dont hid anything

Why not just put "REPRO" on the box somewhere? Is your marking on the external or internal flap? If it's on the internal one someone could seal the box with an old roll of cello tape and try and pass it off as vintage.

Good call Stef.

When I wanted to do re-cards when I first started collecting and saw this, I knew that these were the ones to get.

Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  Repro_10

Unlike the ones I see from other sellers out there the ones I chose to use all have "Reproduction Packaging" clearly marked on the back and  at the same time doesn't take away from the piece.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
darren.orme
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:15 pm

hi yes me and a friend were discussing my mark okay i got it wrong on the inside flap as you say some one could just tape the box up ie misb so have now removed this and i have a good plan for somthing on the outside to try and keep the peace from the 5% people who disagree with what im doing will all be revealed on ebay and the facebook sites that havent changed the rules to stop me posting photos of what i do in next few weeks all i will say is watch this space and to put the record straight nonhave been sold with out a mark the photos on face book of ig88 boba and tatooine were tester ones i did justto show what i had achived ig-88 the colour all wrong same as boba colour all wrong and tatooine the inside flap one side was wrong i will never please every one at least i make an attempt to mark all my stuff unlike 99% of all repo and fake stuff on ebay . i have never tried to sell any of my inserts , coloured inserts and now boxes as original i have told everyone what im doing yet that still not good enough for some of you everything i do is marked completley unremovable mark
Back to top Go down
Aden2008
New User
New User

PostSubject: This is great   Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Hi - haven't been on the forum in a while as I have most all SW related items I want, until a recent move of my collection has me wanting repro boxes of all my 12 inch vintage figures (minus Leia - she's already boxed) So I am very interested in getting repro boxes and inserts for the remaining line. When and will you be putting these up for sale on eBay?

Thanks,
Michele
Back to top Go down
darren.orme
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 2:59 am

hi there i do have all 12" boxes but they have to go through a very long process to get to being printed as yet i have boba fett , ig88 , chewbacca , jawa all ready it will be a few months until they are all avaliable just keep checking ebay im just going today to have next lot of the colored inserts printed all with replicator boxes on them photo will be on ebay later today thanks
Back to top Go down
Aden2008
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Ordered some from you. Can't wait to try them out. Thanks
Back to top Go down
darren.orme
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:05 am

hi thanks all orders sent out on saturday
all new coloured inserts have replicator boxes on then in place of the r photo on ebay
Back to top Go down
darren.orme
New User
New User

PostSubject: replicator boxes ebay    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:01 am

hi will start a new topic about the items i make as you know i put a few photos of boxes on facebook, a few weeks ago and and there were a few issues and concerns ,so i have total redone everything to address all concerns my ebay as total been updated including a identification guide to all my items, i have manged to now do boxes to an unbelivable standard and every single person who has seen them have said they look case fresh,even i look at them and can not believe what i have achived, i have put Made By Replicator Boxes on one of the sides i have all 12" boxes and many many rare boxes which will all be marked this way and i will be adding more as and when i get them a few will be listed today on ebay i would put photo on here but i dont know how to ,i am not out to scam , con or rob anybody everything is marked i do not come on here very often so easy to contact me through ebay or facebook thanks
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 1:56 pm

It's very cool you are making them and easy to identify as a repo. I am sure no one thought you were trying to scam anyone as collectors we just want to be sure that there would be no issue for your sake as well as the collector community. I don't know if you have your ebay link on the forum already but you should put it here btw can you do custom figure cases I am thinking of putting some of my custom figs on card backs but have no real clue how to make them.
Back to top Go down
darren.orme
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:46 am

i have done what people asked and there are some people not happy with what im doing i have marked and changed everthing i do there is an identification guide on my ebay i have just set up a face book site Replicator reproduction vintage star wars boxes and inserts so people can follow what im doing thanks
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 8:58 am

Hi Darren,

I have just visited your Facebook site. All your well made reproduction items (boxes, inserts, paperwork) are marked now.
In case of the boxes, the marking "Replicator Boxes" is now clearly visible on the outside, which is a big improvement.

Personally, I am not a big fan of reproduction items. But on the other hand, I think these items have their place within the hobby, under the strict condition they can easily be distinguished from their Kenner counterparts.

You have fullfilled that condition, and thereby showing your responsibility towards the hobby.

May the 4th be with U!  Very Happy 

Cheers

Marco

BTW: I merged this thread with the previous one for the sake of continuity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts    Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help wanted with 12" boxed figure coloured inserts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next