The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone else just started to learn an instrument?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Anyone else just started to learn an instrument? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else just started to learn an instrument?   Anyone else just started to learn an instrument? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 3:15 pm

The wife bought me a full size keyboard for Christmas, as I wanted to learn to the play the piano.

I have had no experience of playing any instrument, but so far, I found it quite fun and relaxing - especially after a stressful job like mine.

Just wondering if any one else has taking up playing an instrument for the first time.

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else just started to learn an instrument?   Anyone else just started to learn an instrument? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 5:03 pm

I tried taking up the guitar, but unfortunately I think my fingers are too short & chunky to be much good at it.  Crying or Very sad

I wish you the best of luck with the keyboard Craig.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else just started to learn an instrument?   Anyone else just started to learn an instrument? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 pm

I am still trying to master the didgeridoo but not having much luck still sounds like a dying seal lol
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else just started to learn an instrument?   Anyone else just started to learn an instrument? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 pm

Just go for it Craig, like they all say, it's never too late! I play piano and guitar, the piano is a fantastic instrument to play, because you don't need anyone else, you got bass and treble all in one  Smile 

@ Steve  No  poor excuse Steve! Tony Iommi was missing the ends of his fingers wasn't he? I saw a guy at a folk festival play 'Sound Of Silence' (quite a difficult set of chords) and he played it perfectly with one and a half fingers missing from his fretting hand! smug bastard!

Go for guys! Everyone should play an instrument  cheers 
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else just started to learn an instrument?   Anyone else just started to learn an instrument? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:34 pm

General Kahn wrote:

@ Steve  No  poor excuse Steve! Tony Iommi was missing the ends of his fingers wasn't he? I saw a guy at a folk festival play 'Sound Of Silence' (quite a difficult set of chords) and he played it perfectly with one and a half fingers missing from his fretting hand! smug bastard!

Go for guys! Everyone should play an instrument  cheers 

Embarassed You've convinced me Alex, I'll give it another go!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else just started to learn an instrument?   Anyone else just started to learn an instrument? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else just started to learn an instrument?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1