The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) Empty
PostSubject: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:03 am

Did anyone watch it tonight on Travel Channel?  It was all Star Wars.

They went out to this old couples home and this lady (had to be in her early 70's) had a MASSIVE amount of MOCs that were C8+, every one of them. She had the first 12 (2 sets) ... many unpunched. She kept them because her boys wore them out so she bought more. She offered $15,000!!!!!!!!!! 130 figures total, all MOC, SOLD. That's about $100/figure!!!!

Made me droll... first 12, some unpunched!!! Everything from the first 12 to POTF.

He had both 12-backs graded by AFA (yes, I know), but they ALL were graded 8 to 8.5!!! The lady just put them in a box as soon as she bought them for her kids.

Last edited by TishomingoSith on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:05 am

Next house, bought a B-Wing that was in the box... almost perfect. Paid $75.

Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:14 am

BTW: Resold one AFA graded set of 12-backs for $25,000 (including Greedo, Hammerhead and Walrus Man)
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:36 am

damn - I didn't realize it was on tonight  Mad 

sounds like Jordan made some really good scores tonight - I'll have to catch a rerun I guess  :I am stupid: 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:05 am

I'll be watching it tonight....

Toy.Hunter.S03E04.25k.Dollar.Toys.Ahoy.HDTV.x264-tNe

Gotta admit he makes my skin crawl when he lowballs people all the time

Did you see Episode 3? A rare wonder woman mego doll MOC, he paid $18k and sold it for $36k, I know he has bills to pay but you have to feel sorry for the original owners Sad
Back to top Go down
chipsteak
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
chipsteak

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:21 am

I saw a great episode when he visited a guy with severe learning difficulties who was selling a complete set of vintage MOCs all on first issue cards. He never knew what he had but had to sell them for his mother's kidney transplant operation. Jordon gave him $250 and managed to get him to throw in his mother's false teeth.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:49 am

lol! 
Back to top Go down
johnnystarwars
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
johnnystarwars

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:52 am

Are these from a new series, seen some old episodes in the past on UK channels?
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 am

johnnystarwars wrote:
Are these from a new series, seen some old episodes in the past on UK channels?

These are new, they film the shows about 5 months back. The one last night was centered around the NY Con.

It was just jaw dropping to see the collection this older couple had. I guess if you think about it, makes sense of why it was so amazing. She bought the figures for her boys, they wore figures out pretty fast, so she would get two of each (one for each son). Then they lost interest in them and she stored all 130, inside, in boxes and had tissue between them, bubbles never touching.

Seeing unpunched 12-backs, that were AFA 8.5, wow.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:54 am

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/arizonas-treasure-trove

Video!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks for posting the video link Ryan.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:11 am

I don't know if their sons don't give a rip, but certainly something I'd like to have my parents give me! I plan on handing down my figures to my girls, they know it... they collect with me, pick out figures with me (a lot of times). I'll have to put them in my will, let them flip a coin for the first pick then go back-and-forth! Smile

Hopefully by then, I'll have an impressive collection.
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:27 am

Why anybody would watch this creep is beyond me

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14450
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:44 am

Tiefighterboy wrote:
Why anybody would watch this creep is beyond me

http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14450

Care to sum up the 30 page thread (since I have to work, grad school, kids, life)?

Why is Jordan a creep? So someone, or thousands, that have no idea what you are talking about... enjoying seeing old boxes of MOC 12 backs, etc., is beyond your understanding?

Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Basically had some teenage girl pitching his Palitoy stuff.....he made up a few lies.....turned out to be a man....and he would like the thread I linked to be removed.  I would not want him near any of my kids and I certainly would not want to watch his show.  The general non-collecting public has no clue....so that's entertainment.  Enjoy what you want, but to me it would be like Woody Allen showing me his collection  or John Wayne Gacy.....not that I am saying he raped or murdered anyone....but you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Tiefighterboy wrote:
Basically had some teenage girl pitching his Palitoy stuff.....he made up a few lies.....turned out to be a man....and he would like the thread I linked to be removed.  I would not want him near any of my kids and I certainly would not want to watch his show.  The general non-collecting public has no clue....so that's entertainment.  Enjoy what you want, but to me it would be like Woody Allen showing me his collection  or John Wayne Gacy.....not that I am saying he raped or murdered anyone....but you get my drift.

I don't know Jordan Hembrough, I do know he is married with kids and I do know there is always two sides to a story. All I saw there in a few minutes I read, were one side... all against Jordan. So I'm sure, as many things in life, there is more to it.
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Believe what you want...fact is he came on there...lied and then wanted the thread shutdown. You really need to read the whole thing. Also I am not the only one that was creeped out by him.
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Tiefighterboy wrote:
Believe what you want...fact is he came on there...lied and then wanted the thread shutdown.  You really need to read the whole thing.  Also I am not the only one that was creeped out by him.

I'm not taking any sides or believing something. I am only saying (this is pretty much a fact) that there are typically two sides to a story and when you hear only one side, I tend to just not put as much merit into it without hearing from both parties. I don't know Jordan, don't care. I did enjoy seeing the MOCs that they bought in Arizona. That's why I like the show, him personally? Would not matter if it was him or Michael Vick. Just enjoy the toys.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Ryan, Jordan did post in that thread. So there was two sides as such. I did comment along the lines "he needs to be responsible for his employees/representatives reflecting badly upon his business" I guess he didn't find the need to check that a '15 year old girl' was actually a middle aged man  Suspect  I've not watched the show (apart from a short preview) & Jordan has been a 'big' part of this hobby for a long time & any media about vintage Star Wars collecting is a good thing. TFB has good reason to think he is 'odd'. But I guess so am I- just not in a 'taking a teenage girl under my wing' kind of odd....
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 10:05 pm

You summed that up pretty good. I am not bashing anyone for watching that show. I was just stating the fact that the guy is not quite as awesome as some people seem to think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)   Toy Hunter (tonight on TV) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toy Hunter (tonight on TV)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1