The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nohandluke
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective Empty
PostSubject: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:38 pm

Hey fellow vintage Star Wars fans! We just posted our latest vintage Star Wars video - This Wasn't the Droids I was Looking For!

Hope you all enjoy it!

Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi there.
I always enjoy watching your videos, always informative viewing.

Nice work on restoring that Snow Speeder & are you still planning on doing a video about Kenner's Centurions toy?  

Stormie Smiley 
Back to top Go down
nohandluke
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Hey Thundershot!

Yes, the Centurions video is being written and researched right now! My buddy, Joe, who's in the Transformers videos we did as well as the BMX restoration (still ongoing) has a massive Centurions collection!

I promise that video will land this year!

Great profile pic, BTW!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Great new video. :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Many thanks,

Now you've covered Droids everybody will be asking you about the Ewoks cartoon  Very Happy 

I'm very much looking forward to seeing your take on the Centurions, personally I love the toys.

You know, I often wonder if the pale blue (Tri-Logo?) Boba Fett figure was originally intended to be the (Droids) cartoon version of the character... somehow the colours seem to blend in nicely with the other (animation style) character figures from that line.

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:03 pm

Great video Michael, enjoyed watching it very much. Thanks for investing all the energy and research needed to make it! Very Happy

Good spot, that a few elements from the Prequels were possible derived from the Droids series. General Grievous' Wheel Bike indeed has a striking resemblance to one of the vehicles in the Droids series. From which episode?

The A-Wing is my favourite toy which was released in the Droids line, but there is another.....

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:18 pm

another cool video man  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Ditto...

Still one of my favorites is:

Star Wars: Don't Eat the Yellow Lightsaber

I even remember my father trying to dye my Luke farmboy sabers blue. They never were perfect, but they were better than yellow!

Great stuff!
cheers and thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:53 pm

I didn't know Stuart Copeland was responsible for the Droids theme music, I should of guessed from the closing credits music:

I still think his theme for The Equalizer is fantastic:
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective   This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Wasn't the "Droids" I was Looking For - RetroBlasting Video Retrospective

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1