The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project Empty
PostSubject: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:00 am

Maybe a pile of poo, but I landed this baby for $19.99 recently in the hope that I could restore it somehow.

According to the seller the item was damaged during transit to them.

The bubble has a small ding in the top, but matches back to the card perfectly. However the bottom right of the card has snapped off and a tiny portion is missing Sad

The figure is minty mint with stiff limbs and the original tape is still holding the gun in place. The gun however is another story, I'm 100% convinced and I hope to clear to see that the tape/gun are un-tampered with but it has a raised bar!! (I'll start a separate post for this).

So before I start the project, I'd a few opinions from you guys.

1. Do I ditch the card and try and find an undamaged one, how much would one cost?
2. Sealing the bubble, would double sided tape be best
3. Gun, do I leave the tape unattached one end, or reattach with a little double sided?

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project LdLbp27

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project KAeBAx6

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project 7UBcJfl

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project N0KYeCd

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project R5I7ySx

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project M8lhN1q

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project X2OJ2mO

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project X9JkX5Q

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project 8pW1yrj

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project 6eC3Xtf

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project 7y96kFm

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project BUkFpym

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project JVQ5H29

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project Vhq9QYR
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:34 am

Hi mate, id send that to toytoni for some of his handy work, i think that could be your best bet Smile
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:55 am

I forgot about the iron on method !!
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:04 am

You could just use a 6x9 toploader to hold it all in place, would still display well.
If you decide to restore the card, maybe try to splice the card on both torn peices,
slip a very thin paper between the splice's to hold the two card peices together.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:12 am

M4K3R1 wrote:
If you decide to restore the card, maybe try to splice the card on both torn peices,
slip a very thin paper between the splice's to hold the two card peices together.
haha... I was just going to say that too!

As for the bubble seal to the card, I think double sided tape might be the best since it is relatively easy to work with (less mess and ooopppsss)

You can use a cardboard cutout over top the card to ensure proper alignment well before trying to add it back on (i.e. trace the bubble on a thin piece of cardboard first and cut it out - place the cardboard over the back and tape the cardboard down tight so it and the back don't move and then lower the bubble into place - should make life easier). Oh and the added benefit is you have the ability to practice and perfect the process without tape.

Just don't skimp on the double sided tape - get a good 3M product - don't be stingy with wasted extra space - use tweezers, a good flat ruler or other straight metal material and a new exacto for applying and trimming to help get the tape on the bubble - you'll only have one shot since the bubble has left over printing on it.
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:06 am

great tips guys on the splicing method  :clap: 
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:31 pm

I've got a couple of extra 6X9 toploaders i'll give you if you want to use that method. I'll throw them in your box when I ship over the DVD if you like
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Cheers John and yes please. I'd like to explore all avenues. Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project   Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boba Fett - Star Wars 21B Back Restoration Project

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1