The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

imperial commander painting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

imperial commander painting Empty
PostSubject: imperial commander painting   imperial commander painting I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:46 am

Hello dear collectors
I received a lot of figures this morning from a chilhood collection (so don't think it is a custom) and in bad condition (with meccano luke hoth and meccano rs  Laughing ). And there was this imperial commander that has some paintings on the right of the red band on torso like you can see on the picture. None of my 5 other imperial commander has this, and I found nothing about it on the net. I guess it is just a very simple detail variation, but can someone confirm or tell me more please? thanks

imperial commander painting Img_5710
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: imperial commander painting   imperial commander painting I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 am

Just a guess here, but i think its been customised, both the red/silver on the bands have been touched up and the bit on the right hand side have had the same.
See the uneven red paint, looks like its been hand painted and not the pattern a spray app would have left, not to mention the red paint just doesnt look right.
Just my 2c but i could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: imperial commander painting   imperial commander painting I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:19 am

thanks, I looked again, and to me it is not a custom, or it would be an awsome work to look i that. even if I was very carefull, I really couldn't do that job myself tha t look industrial and perfect. but maybe you are right

the head has been eaten by a child:
imperial commander painting Img_5711

imperial commander painting Img_5712

imperial commander painting Img_5713

imperial commander painting Img_5714
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: imperial commander painting   imperial commander painting I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:35 am

Hello
actually I was wrong about the fact that it was a french childhoud collection, after cheking with the seller, it appears to be from anywhere since he bought them on internet.
but I am still very suspicius about the fact that it is a custom. if someone ever found something similar, I would always be interrested to know. thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: imperial commander painting   imperial commander painting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

imperial commander painting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1