The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to check for re-used/stolen pictures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

How to check for re-used/stolen pictures Empty
PostSubject: How to check for re-used/stolen pictures   How to check for re-used/stolen pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 am

From: http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discussions/pawel-nowak-how-protect-yourself-scam-238101/

Step 1.
Save a picture of the item in question. A good overview pic works best, not a photo of a detail on the piece.
How to check for re-used/stolen pictures 425851d1353537977t-pawel-nowak-how-protect-yourself-scam-nowak1

Step 2.

Go to the Google homepage, and click 'Images' at the top of the page.
How to check for re-used/stolen pictures 425850d1353538091t-pawel-nowak-how-protect-yourself-scam-images

Step 3.

Click the camera icon, at the right hand edge of the search text bar. This function searches for other instances of an identical image on the net.
How to check for re-used/stolen pictures 425849d1353538173t-pawel-nowak-how-protect-yourself-scam-google2

Step 4.

Upload the picture you saved from the advert you suspect to be dubious.
How to check for re-used/stolen pictures 425848d1353538241t-pawel-nowak-how-protect-yourself-scam-google3

Step 5.

Scan through the results. Look at the addresses where the picture has been found. You might find that there are more adverts for the same item elsewhere, but what you are really looking for is a dealer site selling the item, or a thread created by the owner in a forum somewhere. In this instance I found exactly that when searching for this SS helmet. It is currently for sale on raskantik for 3500 euros, which was the original source of the photos.
How to check for re-used/stolen pictures 425847d1353538415t-pawel-nowak-how-protect-yourself-scam-google4
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: How to check for re-used/stolen pictures   How to check for re-used/stolen pictures I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 11:04 am

This is a great tool to use. Thanks James. I have used this a few times and found the pictures origin. Haven't uncovered any scams with it, but it gave me piece of mind when looking at the pics to know that they were truly owned by the person selling.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: How to check for re-used/stolen pictures   How to check for re-used/stolen pictures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:42 am

Thanks James, awesome to know mate, im pretty computer illiterate, so in step form like that its easy for me to understand, cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: How to check for re-used/stolen pictures   How to check for re-used/stolen pictures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:59 am

Very cool indeed thanks for showing how to do this always useful to know
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: How to check for re-used/stolen pictures   How to check for re-used/stolen pictures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 1:09 am

great to know!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
battletank
New User
New User
battletank

PostSubject: Re: How to check for re-used/stolen pictures   How to check for re-used/stolen pictures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Great clue! Many thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to check for re-used/stolen pictures   How to check for re-used/stolen pictures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to check for re-used/stolen pictures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1