The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? Empty
PostSubject: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:43 pm

Doing a bit of spring cleaning i came across this DSDroid,
i got it in a small lot of vintage on eBay OZ a while back, but i have no clue what it is.
The figure is really super clean, but i have seen others and the result has always been that these are paint stipped figures.
It is exactlly the same as production figure.
A while ago one was graded UKG85 and labelled as first shot, which sold on eBay UK for quite a bit, (did anyone save that photo)
i believe that was an error on the part of the graders, could this be the same, or is it just a paint stripped figure, or even something else.

DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? PA150020_zps557e8121DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? PA150021_zps2cb3883fDSDroid...paint stripped or something else? PA150022_zpsceaf9736
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:00 pm

Most likely stripped, but I dont see any leftover on it at all. Does it have a smell like brake cleaner or any chemical type smell on it at all? I have some that I stripped myself (just because they were beaters and I wanted to see if they had odd colored plastic under the chrome) and the joints area are really hard to get completely stripped out. All of the ones I have you can tell immediately because I did not do a very good job on them and they have left over flecks on the very detailed areas. Is there any sign on the inside of the legs or arms where they connect to the body?

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:29 pm

IMO stripped
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:38 pm

Those are some good points, i didnt think about.
I just had a sniff of the figure:lol!:  and i cant smell any chemical,
but it does smell like old toys smell, kinda like a mouldy smell,
it also has a faint rusty colour along the torso seem/mold line and in the peg holes,
but it looks clean elsewhere, no bits of paint at all.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:25 am

I would guess it was stripped too but , whoever did do it , did a relly excellent and clean job Very Happy   

I use brake fluid to strip my beaters for customizing too . Deathstar Droids seem to be easier to strip then C-3po figures and if you are really patient you can get them very clean . The ones I have done always ended up with really loose joints - does your figure have really loose joints ?

Here are pics of some of the ones I have stripped - there not all real clean but I didn't need them to be since I was painting them . If I would have scrubed them a few more times they would have been much cleaner .

DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? Dsc02610
DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? Dsc02611
DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? Dsc06510
DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? Dsc06511

I love some of the plastics used Cool
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:32 am

DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? B3815c4ed598f1c6ca5ca33ee229b36d0df93d9
DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? C3PO_De-Chromed1
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 2:18 am

Thanks for the help everyone.
I didnt know paint could be stripped away on these.
The rusty colour along the seems i mentioned looks exactlly the same as your C3PO in the middle James.
The pair that AJ shows are exactlly the same as this one.
I wonder if the 1 mentioned that was UKG85 graded and sold on ebay about 3/4 months ago was also paint stripped.
Back to top Go down
Dutchskywalker
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dutchskywalker

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 4:41 am

These stripped figures look realy nice, love those wierd color combinations.
Have to get me some beaters and try to paint strip them.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 8:13 am

I love the C3PO with caramel swirl head.
Makes me want to take a bite.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 11:13 pm

This is the 12" version and although I bought this in Tokyo as a factory non painted, I suspect a strip also. He has not one bit of paint inside or outside !!

DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? Yxgw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?   DSDroid...paint stripped or something else? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DSDroid...paint stripped or something else?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1