The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 1:04 pm

WOW! :clap:

Just spent an hour finally catchig up with this thread, and you have seriously gone to town chief!

Everything looks seriously cool, I need to come and stop at your house! Wether or not I would survive the night is another story :cool laugh:

Great work on everything man, the table and the CPR doll are perfect (don't think any amount of CPR is gonna help him Razz )

Your level of dedication to Halloween is unrivaled anywhere else on Earth I think!

Love the poison bottle, the labels look great, really thought they where actual old poison bottles Smile
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Thanks Alex cheers

I really wish you guys could come and participate in the scare fest Twisted Evil

I could cast all of you in roles and your English accents would be a huge plus to the fun Wink

Andy as Leatherface and Alex as Jason thinking

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 Jvl110

lol!

As I have mentioned before , every year after Halloween I hit all the local stores and try to find good props for the next year at cheap prices . This year I bought several new things at the Spirit Halloween store - a zombie chicken , a couple zombie rodents , a nice life size Raven , Tyreese's Hammer (Walking Dead) , several nice spotlights etc .

As I was getting ready to check out I saw a little bag of zombie figures and , on a whim , bought them (like $2 or so What a Face ) . I really had no plan at the time and just thought they were neat but now I wish I had bought a bunch more . They were just solid green molded plastic and about 2 inches tall figurines , basically just like the cheapy green army men from when we were kids Very Happy

I decided to paint them and will end up using them in a small display I have in mind for next year involving other toys (like the Rancor ) ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 00210

for more info on the Franken-Han figure see here : http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t69p810-vintage-customs-thread-overview-of-customs-on-page-1

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 00711

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 01311

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 00911

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 01810

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 02210

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 02010

I think there were 9 zombies in the bag - I thought these 5 looked like a family so that's how I painted them . I am still working on the other 4 and will post some pics when they're done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Here's the other 4 2 inch zombie figures I mentioned :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 02910

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 04010

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 03710

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 04610
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:16 am

Great little figures James, they have turned out really well mate cheers
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:18 pm

hahaha amazing . me and the wife do a huge Halloween setup as well . I love the zombie animals that have come out lately as well. I love the personal touches you and the wife do . me and mine are the same way . when September rolls around ill get some pics going ....great thread cheers Twisted Evil :clap:
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Really glad you like my stuff and I would love to see your displays cheers

Luckily our neighbors get a kick out of our stuff and actually look forward to seeing how much worse I make it each year lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 5:41 pm

I know James is sort of a "Halloween is a year round celebration type", but the magic month is getting close so I am bumping this up to see if he has started decorating yet. Can't wait to see what new ways he has to gross us out this year.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 9:39 pm

I fully agree with you on this one Smile
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 1:17 pm

hellhippie wrote:
when September rolls around ill get some pics going ....
Look foreward to that Bill cheers

The last couple of years it's been awesome checking Jame's Halloween display out affraid
A true horror fan cheers :clap: bow
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks Guys cheers

It is right around the corner and I am getting pumped up to get started Twisted Evil

I usually start putting out my stuff the last week or 2 of September popcorn
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Sorry man, I bumped it a bit early. Guess I was excited to see it turn out this year. :buzzing:
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2015 11:09 am

ourchickenshack wrote:
Thanks Guys cheers

It is right around the corner and I am getting pumped up to get started Twisted Evil

I usually start putting out my stuff the last week or 2 of September popcorn

cheers One of my fave times of the year, looking forward to the pics James cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:34 am

James Dude where are the pics, going through House of Horror withdrawal here lol
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:17 pm

I am sorry for the delay in posting this years update guys Embarassed

As many of you are aware I am very busy remodeling a rent house and just haven't had much spare time .

I did manage to get my stuff out and set up a couple weekends ago but haven't had time to make any new props or even modify much .

The set up is been changed a little and there are a few smaller "new props" I bought last year after Halloween but I haven't customized any of them like I normally do .

Here is my basic set up this year ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 110

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 211

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 310

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 410

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 510

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 611

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 710

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 810

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 910

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 1010

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 1110

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 1310

This mask is the only thing I customized this year so far ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 1210

Just a replica / decorative type thing my sister in law found at a estate sale ... I repainted it completely and then tried to distress it and stain/shade it so it would look old .

There are a few new things as I said - the raven , zombie chicken and flamingos and a few others . The baby display under the table is new but otherwise not too many changes .

I also picked up the sickle/ scythe at a estate sell for $35 - pretty decent deal for a 75 year old tool . I want to make a large Reaper to go with it before Halloween so hopefully I will find the time somewhere . I think it would look cool standing behind the little coffin on the retaining wall Twisted Evil

I know there's very little new to look at fellas right now but if I add any new stuff I will update you guys What a Face
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:20 pm

It's all new to me and it's a sick set up!

Great job. :clap:
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 9:24 pm

No worries bro we know how busy you are. At least I got my House of Horror fix now lol.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Looks great as always James cheers  I like the custom figures on the alphabet bricks. Cool mask and great job on picking up the antique scythe. The dolls and ventriloquist dummies display under the table is cool and creepy, and I spotted Rancor monster too!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2015 5:22 pm

I always enjoy seeing your Halloween displays James & admire the work you put into making your props! Thanks for sharing your latest pictures. cheers
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 2:07 am

The alphabet bricks are great James cheers
Awesome setup as always bro bow cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 7:12 am

everything looks really good , I was thinking of buying the skull and bones wreathe , I have so much stuff also it just didn't get up this year . I always go for quality first then design , and this pc definetly grabbed my attn. , love the golf shoes too,,,, lol , funny ive had homemade crosses in my setup for yrs ala fulci's zombie (a personal fave ) . looks great really and your lucky you can keep it all dry the way your house is set up
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 9:16 am

James, Awesome set up again this year.  I know you have been busy with reno's, so a big thanks for taking some time and sharing with us. :clap:

Glad to see the Rancor made it back into the display again this year. cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Great to see. That is a neat paint job on the mask, almost darth maul looking.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Looks great, bet it scares the hell out of the kids, I hope the ones who are brave enough to knock are rewarded well?
Here is my own costume for this year
HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 Image_zps4mdbrxaz
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Thanks you for all your kind comments guys  cheers

Gorneesh wrote:
Looks great, bet it scares the hell out of the kids, I hope the ones who are brave enough to knock are rewarded well?

Great mask man cheers

The kids don't generally get a chance to knock on our door - the wife lures them on the porch and the décor is just distractions for the big scare . While there minds are elsewhere , either me ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 P1010010

or my friend that dresses as Myers sneaks in and scares the holy bejesus out of kids (and adults) Twisted Evil

but yes , we reward them lots of candy and toys (and a pants full of chocolate  :cool laugh: )

I just finished this prop for a friend of mine :

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 311

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 00910

Here's what he looked like before ...

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 60726510

My buddy brought me a old Charlie McCarthy puppet and asked if I could make him a puppet like the one in the movie "Dead Silence" .

Not much work other the repainting it but the eye inserts I added seemed to creep him up quite a bit What a Face

Last edited by ourchickenshack on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 11:35 pm

Fantastic paint job on that dummy. One day I think you need to open a haunted house. Said it before, but it needs to happen. You do have an extra house now..... What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror   HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HALLOWEEN - The Chickenshack House of Horror

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next