The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is this Star Destroyer commander?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jaffleman
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

What is this Star Destroyer commander? Empty
PostSubject: What is this Star Destroyer commander?   What is this Star Destroyer commander? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:50 am

Recently I picked up a strange #3 Star Destroyer Commander. Once I handled it it immediately felt odd, the head didn't turn smooth but almost ratchet-like, the plastic ecspecially around the hands seemed rough and rigid to the touch and on closer inspection has one or two anomalies.

What is this Star Destroyer commander? IMG_1743_zpsf1da7b98

The figure in question is to the far left, it has a sloppy rank insignia and much darker blue line than the others in my collection as well as my spares I have for sale (not pictured).

The other anomaly is that it appears to have never had the paint dot on the wrist bands, one side is just black however the other side has been scratched up so it's impossible to tell if it ever had paint or not. It is possible the paint on the black side just wore off without taking the black as well but it seems more likely not.

There is also one other difference that could be a bit tricky.....below, is the absence of a bump below the first G in Hong Kong, compared to my other number 3, but the number 3 in the guide here also does not have the bump. So now I have two weird possible production error/variation/mutant #3's I want to gather a bit more info on.

What is this Star Destroyer commander? IMG_1742_zps369eb870

What is this Star Destroyer commander? IMG_1741_zps0554d7e4

Any info will be greatly appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

What is this Star Destroyer commander? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is this Star Destroyer commander?   What is this Star Destroyer commander? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:36 am

My #3 with brown face paint apps ( vs black) has a darker blue & bright red (vs burgundy) insignia & missing wrist dots ( which I believe have rubbed off ) The face plastic is a bit more pink & has a 'gritty' head movement.
Back to top Go down

What is this Star Destroyer commander?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1