The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster Empty
PostSubject: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:17 pm

I'm in need of some help.  I'm trying to find some information about this Coca Cola poster, but I can't find anything in my books or anything on the web.
If anyone has some info, let me know.  I'm also wondering about what is the current market value on it as well.
Thanks

Clint

Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster Pictur14

https://i.servimg.com/u/f73/17/58/63/41/pictur15.jpg

The double sided tape strip on the back says Malton, Ontario, Canada.  It looks like a store display poster?

Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster Img_1713

Last edited by Commander Clint on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:14 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:31 pm

your Picture doesnt work:D 
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 2:40 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
your Picture doesnt work:D 
I'm have some technical issues uploading a picture.  I'm not sure if it is my computer or there is a problem with servimg.com.
I just restarted my computer, but the picture is still not showing up.  I've even tried uploading a different picture and replaced the link, but it is still not working.unsure 
Hopefully I'll figure out what is going on and get a picture up soon.Very Happy

edit.  I'm beginning to think there is a problem with servimg.com because the picture link won't even work properly.doh
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 3:03 pm

I thought it was my computer LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:05 pm

I keep getting an alert that the server at servimg.com is not responding.  I will have to try uploading a new picture later this evening.Very Happy

edit. Hey, just after I posted this message. The picture showed up.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 5:20 pm

I just found some info on the poster, but what would it be worth???? The seller has 3 of them.

http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/promo.htm
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 am

Bump.:bump: 

Does anyone have a idea what this poster would be worth????
Any help would be appreciated before they all get sold.Very Happy 
Thanks

Clint
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:00 am

Clint, ultimately it is what you feel it is worth. I can not find anything to compare to for recent sales. I do believe since this is a Canadian exclusive promotional item that it would be worth more than the us coke promo posters which seem very common on eBay. Those sell for between 12 and 20 or so a piece it looks like. I would think this could be a $30 to $35 dollar item. I don't think I would go more than that personally, but posters aren't really something that interests me.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:18 am

trappedtexan wrote:
Clint, ultimately it is what you feel it is worth.  I can not find anything to compare to for recent sales.  I do believe since this is a Canadian exclusive promotional item that it would be worth more than the us coke promo posters which seem very common on eBay.  Those sell for between 12 and 20 or so a piece it looks like.  I would think this could be a $30 to $35 dollar item.  I don't think I would go more than that personally, but posters aren't really something that interests me.
You are correct.cheers  I just found the pricing for it in my 2010 Super Collectors Wish Book. A mint version goes for $35.
Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
Grant_C
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant_C

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:47 pm

Mate- I got one of these 2 years ago for $30.

It's part of Coke Canada's 1977 promotion.

It's a great little poster and well worth picking up.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Maulster79 wrote:

It is an nice poster. I was able to get one for $35 before the seller sold the rest.cheers 
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Commander Clint wrote:
Maulster79 wrote:

It is an nice poster. I was able to get one for $35 before the seller sold the rest.cheers 
nice score Clint, it's a neat poster Cool
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:17 pm

I picked these up at a local toy and collectables show a couple of weeks ago.  They are the 1977 bottle caps that go with the poster.  They are unused caps that where never crimped to the bottles.  The dealer had a whole box full.  After talking to the dealer for a few moments about them, he said that the Leia cap is the hardest to find.  Of the box full of several hundred caps that he has, he only found 1 Leia cap in the lot and he was keeping it for his collection.  So if anyone has an extra Leia cap around, I would be interested in it to complete the set.  If any one is looking for any, just let me know.

Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster Img_0110

Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster Img_0111
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Very nice Clint, good luck hunting down the Leia cap. Interesting how the top designs have 'Coca-Cola' on some and just 'Coke' on others.  Is there a reason for this do you know?

I like the line drawings on the underside. They're nice little collectables. Was also looking at some of the japanese versions today online.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Very nice Clint, good luck hunting down the Leia cap. Interesting how the top designs have 'Coca-Cola' on some and just 'Coke' on others.  Is there a reason for this do you know?

I like the line drawings on the underside. They're nice little collectables. Was also looking at some of the japanese versions today online.
I did notice that the caps had two designs. Of the two Han Solo caps that I have, both are different caps. So I think the caps were just random, other wise you would have been able to tell which bottles had the top prize liners under them.
I also notice that these are the Canadian versions with both english and french on the inside liners.

Good luck looking for the Japanese versions. They would be great to have as well.

ps If I was to post these in the "World of Odd", which section would be best? With the poster in "store displays/promotions" or the "food items and premiums" because they came off of bottles of beverages???
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:01 pm

A great score there Clint, very nice mate, hope you get your Liea cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:24 pm

Commander Clint wrote:

ps  If I was to post these in the "World of Odd", which section would be best?  With the poster in "store displays/promotions" or the "food items and premiums" because they came off of bottles of beverages???

'Food Items' is best I think, but it could also go with the 'Store Displays' as a nice supplement to the poster too cheers 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:00 pm

I really dig those caps Clint - super cool and odd cheers 
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Thanks guys for the kudo's. I'm hoping to have the caps framed with the poster.Cool 
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:48 am

I just saw these for sale on good old evilbay this morning.affraid   Ouch on the price tag!

Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster Pictur11
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:41 am

Nice find but yes pricey. You can see the appeal though, late '70s SW, Coke brand and sealed. Maybe the seller will lower the price if it stays unsold. I think it's great that these things still turn up after all these years cheers
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Nice find but yes pricey. You can see the appeal though, late '70s SW, Coke brand and sealed. Maybe the seller will lower the price if it stays unsold. I think it's great that these things still turn up after all these years cheers
I agree with the appeal. They would be fantastic pieces to have, especially with the poster and caps that I already have.Very Happy  The price just surprised me. I thought that a pair of bottles were auctioned off last year and the starting price was around $30. But I don't remember what the finished auction price was?
It may even be the same seller, because if my memory is correct, the other bottles were out of British Columbia as well.unsure 

I will have to keep my eyes open for some more.:Drool: 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster   Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help identifiying this Coca Cola poster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1