The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts?   IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Hi folks

I picked up this IG-88 today and can't decide on the head as to whether or not it's a casting error or a different sculpt, I'm thinking casting error as I've seen a few odd casting errors with Iggy, probably as a result of the detailed sculpt. Either way, I'd like your thoughts if you have any.

The figure is the hollow eyed stiff metallic plastic version:
IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? 5d_ig-11

The eyes appear to have an extra rim underneath, with a larger square block, and are shorter in general than they should be, also note the large circle at the top of his head has an extra rim below as well. The overall quality odf the sculpt is not as detailed as it should be. Here are some close ups compared to a standard version:

IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? Ig-88_10

IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? Ig-88_12

IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? Ig-88_13

Cheers for looking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts?   IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:34 pm

I have been seeing these "double eye" variants too Alex - heres one I have right now but I have seen several identical ones over the last year or so .

IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? 65838910
IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? 65838410
IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? 65838411

There are differences on the torso sculpts too : The coo's are slightly different and look at the circle on the back of the neck :scratch:  The little shoulder pad areas next to the arms are sculpted different too - on the double eye is is a little textured - kind of reminds me of chainmail . On the regular hollow eye that area is smooth What a Face 

In my opinion these guys a legitimate variation - I have seen too many of them for it to be a factory error Cool 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts?   IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 pm

Cheers for the Pics and input Jim Very Happy 

The body sculpt on mine doesn't have the 'chainmail effect' on the back parts or the dot on the back of the neck. I've checked this against a no COO Iggy I have from the same family and he does have these. This specific sculpt difference must be from the second mold in the COO family. These can be identified by the 'copyright' logo, one has a slight double print on the bottom of the circle, comparison below:

IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? Ig-88_14

The random essembly of figures of course means that Limbs & Head could end up on either of the two torso sculpts from this family.

I'll update the FOTW page at the weekend when I have chance to make some new photo's featuring the others sculpts as well.

Cheers again Jim.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts?   IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I also have one of the same double eye ones which looks like the ones you guys posted pics of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts?   IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IG-88 Head Sculpt? Any Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1