The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Commodore 64 games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 11:58 am

Bought myself a complete Commodore 64 yesterday.
The smell of the power adapter after playing a few hours and the sound of the 1541-II disk drive while loading certainly bring back memories. Have spent a lot of time on these machines (and getting together to copy your best mates games).

If i could only find my old floppy disk collection, think i got rid of it somewhere between 1990 and today Sad 
Long shot, but anybody here having some games available? Especially looking for:

International Karate 1, 2 and 3
Barbarian 1 en 2
Blue Max
Boulderdash 1, 2 and 3
Loderunner
Giana Sisters
Outrun
Pitstop 1 and 2

I know i can download games and copy these with a special cable (which i don't have), but I'm just looking for the easy way.. Mailing some disks back and forward on my costs of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Sounds like a fun project, Fred! Very Happy

Sorry, can't help you with software, we had an Atari 800 XL at home,back in the days.

Would also love to pay Blue Max once again. I can still hear the 8-bit version of Rule, Britannia!,

"Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!"

BTW: There is a Plan B option: Never tried it but I am sure you can also download emulators for your C64 and play the old games on your PC.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:00 pm

I still have my c64  up my parents loft, but all my games are on tape.

I'd recommend a 1541 hardware emulator, which uses an  sd-card which you copy the disk images to in .d64 format.

There's plenty on projects posted on the net showing you where or how to build them.

Before I go....die speccy die!!!

Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:33 pm

walkie wrote:
I still have my c64  up my parents loft, but all my games are on tape.

I'd recommend a 1541 hardware emulator, which uses an  sd-card which you copy the disk images to in .d64 format.

There's plenty on projects posted on the net showing you where or how to build them.

Before I go....die speccy die!!!
Tape drive was the first thing which got ditched back in 1988-89. What a drama that was Laughing  .

I've done some reading in the meantime and i might go with your solution indeed.
Alternative i could use a XA1541 interface cable to connect my C64 floppy drive to a desktop PC. This way i use the vintage hw to play games run programs Smile  which i'd rather do than using modern SD.

thx for the hint and i've got your back on the speccy Angry SW  DIE!!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 2:54 pm

wow, things have moved on since I made one....

Commodore 64 games 7uvZ5YH

pre-made kits.....

Commodore 64 games M9ZmHXC

Commodore 64 games AlrPB2p

dalek all speccy owners!!!

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Commodore 64....that takes me back. As I recall I got mine in December 1984 & the first game I had (on cassette) was Ghost Busters. How times have changed! Prior to that I had a Commodore Vic 20 which took massive cartridges like 'The Count' (really frustrating & shit game).
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 5:48 pm

slightly off topic, but I grew up a commodore kid, vic-20, c16, c64, amiga 500, amiga 1200

if you haven't seen this website before for amiga games playable on your pc with no emulation required give it a go....

http://thecompany.pl/game

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 6:50 pm

walkie wrote:
slightly off topic, but I grew up a commodore kid, vic-20, c16, c64, amiga 500, amiga 1200

if you haven't seen this website before for amiga games playable on your pc with no emulation required give it a go....

http://thecompany.pl/game
Wow... ditto on the growing up with Cx stuff!
Vic-20, then the mem extension, then a c16, c64 and then a c128. Never owned an Amiga, but played around with one.
Help co-run a BBS or two back when you could hear the bits as they traveled across the 300 and finally the 1200 blazingly fast modem!
Had a Koala pad, plotter printer, tape drives... man... the good ol' days of typing code found in the back of magazines... the pirates toolbox... man.. hehe.... love it!

10 PRINT "I LOVE STAR WARS"
20 PRINT "I AM A LONG TIME GEEK"
30 PRINT "WHEN WILL THIS STOP?"
40 GOTO 10
RUN

alien
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 2:19 pm

walkie wrote:
wow, things have moved on since I made one....

Commodore 64 games 7uvZ5YH

dalek all speccy owners!!!
That model convinced me and i've ordered one today, together with 'the Final Cartridge III' and 2 (MIB Very Happy) 'the Arcade' joysticks..

With today's availability of SW it does no longer make sense to use original hardware.
Why?
I've downloaded a few torrents and have a total of 80000+ proggies available.
If i would store these on the original floppies, this would require 26.000+ double sided floppies and a secretary to manage this. (assuming 3 proggies per flop and 5 minutes per disk this would take 92 days of 24 hours writing).

Today a single SD card with 13GB free space can store everything.

And i only wanted to revisit 10 games or so. :SOS:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Commodore 64 games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Commodore 64 games   Commodore 64 games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commodore 64 games

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1