The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? Empty
PostSubject: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 2:42 am

Hi,

Made a deal with him last friday. He agreed on the price I bid, asked me how I wanted it shipped. Then yesterday morning (was away for the weekend) he tells me he sold it already in one bulk. So I tell him this is not as agreed and this is dishonest. Then he starts telling me not to whine about it, I have no live because I still play with toys, etc. etc.

Just another case of dickwad who expects us 'toy playing freaks' to pay top dollar while mocking us behind our backs and screwing us over for a few cents more.

Anyone deal with this buttcrack ?

Cheers,
Shoenix
Back to top Go down
Starkiller75
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:36 am

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:42 am

Sorry to hear this, Martijn.

I have never dealt with the guy before.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:06 am

Sorry to hear what happened.

I can in a way understand selling in a bulk when there is a customer who wants lots of stuff and want that item as well.
Quiet a few people have asked me to put away items for them and then they never get back in touch, I even got items I've bought for forum members on auctions here in sweden and then after I've bought them, they don't want them anymore... so when you got an item you want to sell it might be first one there that gets it.
I think it's about 2 out of 10 people that ask to put something away that acctually come back to get it. At least thats somewhere around how it's been here the last 3 years.
I still hold stuff for people that ask for them even though it's not very often that the person acctually buys it. Not forever though.

In your case it was a rather short time, so I think it was bad of him to do what he did, and he should have hold it.

If you agree to hold an item then you have promised that and if it somehow happen that someone else buy, like if you don't think the person will come and get it, it's been to long etc and the customer do come and wants it then you appologize that it's not there anymore, not doing like he did with those comments. I wouldn't deal with him again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:21 am

@rawlin: In this case I placed a (decent) bid last week, then he told me : "For that amount you can have it. Is there anything else you want amongst the other lots I put up ?" so I looked and told him there was nothing else and I would really like to buy the 3 figures in the lot (it was placed in a separate lot to bid on in the first place). He asked me on Saturday 9:30 how I wanted the stuff sent, and as I was away for the weekend I saw his reply Sunday evening. I also noticed he placed more lots, which I needed to go through again, but since it was late I did that first thing on Monday only to find out all was already 'reserved'. So I replied him how I wanted the items shipped and then he told me he sold everyhing to one single buyer. Etc. etc. etc. ...

So it's nothing like you suggest, he made a sound promise, and gave me no chance at all.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:43 am

That's very bad of him. Really dislike that kind of people. If you make a deal then you keep it unless something else is said. He could have gotten a customer that would come back to him and buy more, instead he chose to behave bad and have one that talk shit about him for the rest of his life. Which is the right thing to do ofcourse. No reason at all to buy from that kind of sellers.

Got a funny story to tell though, bit related to this, might easy it a up a bit. a friend of mine when we where kids, he went to a toy store here and put the last rancor in the store away so that he could go and get money to pay it with. It was on sale out, maybe half the price. When he came back he asked if they had any rancor. And the girl in the counter who wasn't the same person who put his rancor away, said no, all have sold, the only one that is left is put away for another buyer. He was just a kid and didn't really get it that it was his rancor that was put away and the girl didn't recognize him. He was rather sad back then and it still bother him today haha. He told me this a couple of years back and thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:46 am

Aaahhhww, please tell me it had a happy ending and he got it anyways ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:02 am

No, he never got one Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?   Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Dutch TIG-ers deal with 'Donny' on Marktplaats this weekend ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1