The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book Empty
PostSubject: MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book   MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:14 am

Lili Ledy for Beginners Book

MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book L2hq9K9

Introduction

As some of you may be aware a new Lili Ledy guide book has been released, the book is titled... Lili Ledy for Beginners - Research conducted by Dack. Currently the book is only available in spanish however the authors facebook page does mention that an English version is been worked on and should be ready within 6 months.

The book is currently available from the authors facebook page for $25 each plus shipping. Note that the book weighs approx. 500 grams so shipping to your part of the world may be expensive.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dack-Coleccionables/109765875738412

Book Quality

Not as professionally produced as previously published guide books like Stephane Faucourt's "Meccano to Tri-logo" or John Kellerman's "Star Wars Vintage Action Figures: A Guide for Collectors ", however I believe this book has been self published by the author.

Content

The title of the book gives away what to expect from the content "Lili Ledy for Beginners". Whilst it is ideal for fledgling Lili Ledy collectors the more seasoned collector will feel a little let down by the content.

Sample - Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight Pages 66-67

MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book 8shcNbA

MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book DyTf237

Sample - Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight Pages 66-67 (English Translation by Walkie)

I've taken the liberty to translate one entry to allow english speaking collectors to assess the information contained within the pages of this latest guide book. The translation was done using google translate therefore my attempt does contain several grammar errors. Note this in no way reflexes the final english edition of the book which is due to be published.

MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book Kd9AHJo

MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book 8qVb5jl

Conclusion

Whilst the book is a good starting block and covers several major variants like the Burgundy Cape Bib, the lack of basic variant information on others figures is disappointing. For example simple things like material and colour variants might be mentioned but are not backed up with photographic evidence.

I hope that future editions will build on the foundations of the first book and additional information will be added.

Noticeable missing entries are Max Rebo and Jabba the Hutt, which I feel should be considered as action figures.

Anyway please judge the book for yourself using the translated pages above and make up your own mind. For me I will continue to use and help to contribute towards what I consider the No.1 Lili Ledy resource on the internet, link below...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1

Mini Review by Walkie 18/07/2013

Last edited by walkie on Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:59 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book   MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:37 am

Hey Stefan,

Since its anouncement on RS/FB, I was very curious about the contents of this new Lili Ledy guide.

Thank you for reviewing it. Now I have a good idea what to expect.

And kudos for ordering one additional copy so I can judge the book myself at a later moment. Very Happy 

Nice to hear that the TIG thread is your no. 1 resource for info on Lili Ledy loose figures. What I like so much about this thread, is its community nature. It shares the combined knowledge and research of all Ledy collectors posting in this thread. Lots of posts, lots of knowledge.      
One other positive thing: All info is public, the only thing you have to pay in order to view it, is the monthly bill from your local internet provider. Smile

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book   MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:31 pm

Stefan, thanks for reviewing this book. I wondered if this would be worthwhile since I have been collecting ledy stuff for the last few months. I think I will just stick with the TIG thread as it seems to have set the bar really high and I can't imagine that there is to much information that isn't already in there.

Maybe when it is translated in English I might try to get a copy just to have something hardcopy to be able to look at when not online.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book   MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MINI REVIEW - Lili Ledy for Beginners Book

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1