The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Starkiller75
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:28 pm

Hello,

im a new guy here on TIG and this is my first post. I have 2 LL CCP but not sure about the left one if it's original painted. The helmet is more reddish instead of orange and the yellow on the boots & gloves is also a little different (see pictures). Im not an expert on Lili Ledy so my question: is the figure on the left original painted (helmet/gloves/boots/belt) or repainted? If it's original is this a factory error with red helmet or sloppy paintjob or wrong type of paint etc...
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Welcome Smile

There doesn't seem to be a photo with your post!
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Welcome to the TIG Starkiller75 welcome
You could not have joined a better forum mate cheers
I'm sorry I can not personally help you with this question, but I'm sure one of the Lili Ledy experts will chip in Very Happy As Stefan say's, there does not seem to be a pic ?
Cheers Andy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:28 pm

welcome to TIG, you've joined the best SW forum on the net!
Have you seen the Lili Ledy discussion thread? If not, here is the link: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5523p180-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-2.
If you can get some pictures up, we'll do our best help further. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:29 pm

welcome to TIG.

If your struggling to upload some pics then upload them to photobucket or flickr and link back to this thread. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Great to see you posting here, Starkiller! Very Happy 

Here you can read how to post pics: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5234-how-to-contact-the-tig-team-how-to-upload-pictures-to-the-forum

Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Starkiller75
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Dscf1830Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Dscf1831Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Dscf1832Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Dscf1833Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Dscf1834

Well, it looks like i finally find out how it works. Thanks guys for the info how to upload pictures. Im a real pc/internet/forum dummie, sorry fot that:lol!: 
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Welcome Smile

Sorry I can't help you with the paint, I do think it looks like it's repainted on the belt with maybe model paint. There are no details left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Minor batch to batch variantions can occur and I think the yellow is ok. I have never seen one so red on the helmet so I am unsure about that. Marco (Dr Dengar) might be able to give a better opinion on that. I have seen some varying yellows and the belt can be lighter or darker like the ones you have.
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:48 pm

It looks repainted to me, helmet, belt, and circle on chest. Gloves and boots are ok. (No they're not! Thanks Wolff, boots and gloves repainted too) If you look closer, out side the blue line you can see the original color on helmet and on the belt and circle. LL figures and almost all the vintage SW figures where painted with spray, those areas look painted with brush so not original.
Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Dscf1810 Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Dscf1812Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? Dscf1813
hope this helps.

Cheers
Ozio

Last edited by OZIO on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starkiller75
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:56 am

Aha! Thanks for your eagle eye expertise Ozio! You're the LL expert here so if you say it's repainted then it's repainted.

The figure itself is now a 50% Ledy if the boots & gloves are original painted and helmet/belt & circle not.

Next time i'll buy all my Ledys from you Ozio, then you know it's the real deal.

This figure was also intercepted by Customs so i 'd to pay a lot a money to get it:frustrated: 
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:58 am

I vaguely remember this on ebay or in a watch out thread. Who was the seller? Perhaps point them to this thread & they may work out a refund for you.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:43 am

At least name and shame the seller for us.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 6:36 am

I didn't dare to say anything about anything else but the belt which is really obvious with paint below the belt and no details. It's not well done at all. Sorry about this. Last year I was ripped off as well on a burgundy bib, it really sucks.

If this guy doesn't sort this out, let us know who it is so noone else buy from him and are ripped off as well.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 pm

I would ask the seller for partial refund, or a full one if you return it. I saw the ended auction and I think that i have seen that seller put up a questionable ledy item before. i have never won anything from them, but they list lots of ledy stuff and have really high count of positive feedback.
Back to top Go down
Polk#1
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Polk#1

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:07 pm

walkie wrote:

I was the seller of this item and have been informed of this thread.  I am waiting for a response from the original buyer as to what they would like to do.  Money back return, partial refund, whatever makes them happy.

I was never my intent to be misleading or to try to sell something that I thought had been altered in any way.  It you had this figure in hand and compared it to others, it is not as easy to see. (pictures that can be enlarged help a lot).

We are all lucky to have people like Ozio to come up with the answers Smile

Please, if anyone ever has issues or concerns with items from myself or other sellers, the best thing to do is to contact them and let them know. Some people never say anything about it and it is too bad because the problems are easy to fix.

Thank you to all who contributed in getting the buyer their answer.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Polk#1 wrote:
walkie wrote:

I was the seller of this item and have been informed of this thread.  I am waiting for a response from the original buyer as to what they would like to do.  Money back return, partial refund, whatever makes them happy.

I was never my intent to be misleading or to try to sell something that I thought had been altered in any way.  It you had this figure in hand and compared it to others, it is not as easy to see. (pictures that can be enlarged help a lot).

Please, if anyone ever has issues or concerns with items from myself or other sellers, the best thing to do is to contact them and let them know. Some people never say anything about it and it is too bad because the problems are easy to fix.

It's good that you want to sort this out. Did you ID this as ledy btw?
Back to top Go down
Polk#1
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Polk#1

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 4:38 pm

Rawlin wrote:
Polk#1 wrote:
walkie wrote:

It's good that you want to sort this out. Did you ID this as ledy btw?

Yes, I did ID it as a Ledy figure.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:03 pm

Sorry if that came out as offensive. I just wanted to know if you had bought it as ledy yourself from someone else.
Back to top Go down
Polk#1
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Polk#1

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 5:14 pm

Rawlin wrote:
Sorry if that came out as offensive. I just wanted to know if you had bought it as ledy yourself from someone else.

No offense taken. I did purchase the figure from a seller in Mexico. I don't recall which seller, but I believe they had been reliable in the past. I think this one was just missed and I don't think it was done intentionally.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Polk#1 it sounds like you are a good seller and you have a ton of positive feedback. Get your 40 post in so you can start listing in the classifieds here. You could save ebay getting a cut of the action and you can make a ton of friends who will spread the word.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:41 pm

I am late to the party. I have to add that not only the grey and the red parts are overpainted. The yellow parts are too overpainted! ...to make it short: the whole figure is overpainted!

Back to top Go down
Starkiller75
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm

PM sent to the seller, who already gave a reply here. Nobody knows he was also a TIG member haha.

He didn't know the figure was repainted. Came with a nice solution so issue solved.

Still a great and respectable seller if you see his feedback on Ebay! Great and really nice guy so there will be no hanging...https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/lol.gif

Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Great news to hear that this will shortly be resolved.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:02 pm

Naaaawww... let us know if it doesn't work out, we are always up for a hanging.
But good that it worked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?   Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy Cloud Car Pilot paint original?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next