The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! Empty
PostSubject: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:49 am

Fucking hell lads I thought I was seriously going to die today!

Was walking along the beach throwing a stick for my 9 month boxer puppy
(the white one in the pics on the snow thread) when out of fucking now where a massive
Wave hit him and sucked him right out in seconds!

I didn't even get chance to think I kicked off my wellies threw my coat off and waded straight
Into the sea after him it wasn't until I was up to my neck hieght I realsied just how rough it
Was and my pup was getting pulled further out and was really struggling. I managed to swim out
To him and get hold of his harness to keep him up and I then realised just have far off shore we
Were I was well out my depth and the waves were crashing on us then sucking us back and the water
Was like ice. We were on a real isloated part of the beacxh no one around and by mrs was
Stuck on the beach with the other dog.

I honestly though I was done for somehow I managed to keep me and dexter (the pup) float and
It must have taken me a good 15 mintues of swiming in between the breaks to finially colaspe on shore.

I honestly don't know how I got through it tbh

I'm in the car now finally warmed up enough to type something
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! Empty
PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:57 am

Sorryt for the shit grammer and spelling lads im on my phone still in the car
Getting to home so Ill fix my original post later

Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 am

Just glad to hear both of you are ok. Been some crazy ass weather lately.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:37 am

Cheers chris the weather has been pretty dodgy over here as well over recent months.

The mrs wants me to go to hospital to get checked out but all I want to do is get
Back home in front of the heater and have a spliff to try and calm down and get over the
Shock!

I been in a few life and death situations before icluding been shot when I was in the military but that
Was nothing compared to to today I seriously thought I was a gonner.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Christ Jay, glad you are ok mate and your dog!

Crazy story and I bet you won't do doing too many crappy weather walks any more mate, take it easy and get warmed up bud.

You sure get yourself in some scrapes mate!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Glad that you are okay Jay. That sounds like one hell of an experience and I don't know what we would have done without our leader. Smile

Get warmed up and rested mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Cheers guys im still in shock a bit i think.

Its a good job im a fan of Bear Grills that's all i can say!

Either way i was coming back with the dog or not at all just glad i keep calm and didn't try and fight the sea and just took my time navigating back.

Could of been my mrs posting as i leave my password details for all the site stuff in case of something serious happening (like me getting washed out to sea i guess!)

Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 pm

We all know you'd like to make it over for CV, but damn Jay, it would be safer to use a boat. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Lucky dog- lucky you. I'd last about 3 minutes in cold water. Glad you are both OK. If the Mrs wants you to go to hospital- go, nurses to perve on Wink
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:43 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Lucky dog- lucky you. I'd last about 3 minutes in cold water. Glad you are both OK. If the Mrs wants you to go to hospital- go, nurses to perve on Wink

On reflection i was probably out there not much longer than 5 minutes maybe 10 tops but it felt like a long time thats for sure and i practically crawled the last bit to get out the surf i was that numb and weak as the north sea at this time of year is only 5 - 6 degrees.

I had to force my self to to spend a good couple of minutes doing super fast star jumps when i got on the beach just to get my blood pumping!

Some of the lads here will know the specific beach im on about it was Saltburn up past the pier going towards the power plant its probably the top surfing spot in the north east of England due to the surf that happens there.

Jay
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:44 pm

good for you jay , glad your oke

i can amagine what it was like

i had a similar incedent , well kinda off
over here we get the biggest waves in storm time and a meter clean the next

and one time i was in there for an hour or two and was so exhausted of peddeling in the the strong currents ( is that a word )
that i decided to surf the next wave all the way to the beach and call it a day

well , i bailed on the drop in (i dont know it was more like first a floater then a drop , and because i kept pusching to drop i just bailed) point is i bvroke my leash ( savty line) and took me a good 15 min ( felt like 5 hourse) to get out

while i was in the water i could see my board flipping like crazy towards the what you call it pile of rocks that make the waves break, luckely the board cameout better then i expected , i did have to get it in zeebrugge wich isnt the city i surfed , lol and luckely , only nuts like me and my friend surf those winterstorm day's , or i could have been stolen aswell
)
so i can amagine not wearing a wetsuit and carring yoyur pup , it must have been hell

luckely you were smart enough to take your shoe's off

go enjoi that spliff now , and remeber that dog will kill for you now cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:56 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
good for you jay , glad your oke

i can amagine what it was like

i had a similar incedent , well kinda off
over here we get the biggest waves in storm time and a meter clean the next

and one time i was in there for an hour or two and was so exhausted of peddeling in the the strong currents ( is that a word )
that i decided to surf the next wave all the way to the beach and call it a day

well , i bailed on the drop in (i dont know it was more like first a floater then a drop , and because i kept pusching to drop i just bailed) point is i bvroke my leash ( savty line) and took me a good 15 min ( felt like 5 hourse) to get out

while i was in the water i could see my board flipping like crazy towards the what you call it pile of rocks that make the waves break, luckely the board cameout better then i expected , i did have to get it in zeebrugge wich isnt the city i surfed , lol and luckely , only nuts like me and my friend surf those winterstorm day's , or i could have been stolen aswell
)
so i can amagine not wearing a wetsuit and carring yoyur pup , it must have been hell

luckely you were smart enough to take your shoe's off

go enjoi that spliff now , and remeber that dog will kill for you now cheers

Fucking hell Jimmy you sound as crazy as me mate!

I actually took my jeans, wellies, coat and jumper off so i effectively went in in my underpants and t-shirts but im dam glad i did!

Getting into dry clothes so quickly afterwards and not been weighted down in the water had to have made a huge difference!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Jay

I am glad you are okay mate. After the fact its easy to say you shouldn't risk your life for a pet but in the moment I know I would do the same thing, foolishly or not.

Glad it's all conjecture since you and Dexter are okay.

BTW - You should go to the hospital if the water is that cold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 4:29 am

Scary stuff Jay. Glad you're ok m8. If you swallowed some water i'd still get checked out at hospital mate. I had a similar experience getting washed out to sea in a rip not long after i arrived in Australia. I'm real careful now.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:54 am

Darthberizing wrote:
Jay

I am glad you are okay mate. After the fact its easy to say you shouldn't risk your life for a pet but in the moment I know I would do the same thing, foolishly or not.

Glad it's all conjecture since you and Dexter are okay.

BTW - You should go to the hospital if the water is that cold.

I know John many people would call it foolish including all my family apart from my Mrs as she like me loves those dogs as if they were our kids and to be honest if i didn't go in she would have made the attempt and there was no way she could have made it.

I will add that i was in the Royal Navy and worked along side the Royal Marines for a part of my service tenure as well.

One of the roles i was trained for when the ship was at sea was swimmer of the watch. This basically means if anyone accidentally went overboard i would be the one that jumps into the sea after them to make contact and keep them afloat whilst air and boat services are scrambled. I did a lot of training on this in various places including the Red Sea and the notorious Bay of Biscay.

Still though i honestly thought i was a gonner yesterday. After Swimming out once i finally caught up to Dexter (the pup) we were quite a way off shore and i was well out my depth and the wave / surf were crashing on us every 5 seconds and i knew i couldnt sustance my self in water of 5 - 6 degrees for very long at all and one of my arms was locked through his harness so i didnt loose him again which effectively made me one handed.

Thankfully training kicked in and i managed to time my breathing and keep it under control and then effectively ride back on the currently as and when possible but at times it felt like 1 step forward 2 steps back. Once i got to the actual beach i was near collapse i pretty much crawled out with Louise (my GF) dragging me the last bit of the way as the cold had taken its toll big time.

We were also about 1/2 a mile away from the main beach and public areas so i started doing star, jumps running on the spot etc and the big plus was the fact i had my dry clothes to get back into.

All in all its seriously made me think about life and everything in general. The funny thing was we weren't even taking any particular risk so to speak the puppy was only walking in about 3 inches of surf when that crazy wave bounced in and sucked him out!

I said to the Mrs this morning that she should have filmed the whole thing on her mobile as its was that fucking hairy and dramatic! We would have bound to have ended up on a local news story or with tons of you tube hits at the least!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:27 am

Bloody hell mate, you were lucky.

I lost an uncle and cousin in the same circumstances back in 99.
A completely out of the blue freak wave swept my little cousin out to sea, my uncle went right in after him but just couldn't reach him as they were being dragged out very quickly......sadly neither came back.

Im always very wary with the sea now, i love water but i show it a lot of respect.

Glad your training kicked in and you both got out safely.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:43 am

Holy shit Jay!

I'm glad you both are ok. I would've done the same thing. My dogs are like my kids and I wouldn't have hesitated one second either to jump in after them.

I'm just glad you and the pup are safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Fucking hell Jay,glad you & your dog are ok! Very Happy

I see the mob's training kicked in when you needed it most! Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Thanks for the comments guys its appreciated and im real glad to still be here!

Del terrible what happened to your cousin and uncle im very sorry to hear that buddy.

I think at times we can forget just how bad the British seas can be.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!   nearly bloosy died today!  A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nearly bloosy died today! A freak wave nearly took me and me dog out to sea!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1