The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! Empty
PostSubject: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 pm

As if my day could not get any worse.... We just moved into a new home. I had trouble all day with electrical stuff that added up to quite a bit of cash. My Wife wanted new lighting and that sorta back fired on us. Gotta make the Wives happy though : ) Tonight I finally have a moment to breathe. I bought a antique display case for my collection awhile back. I unlocked it and moved a few pieces so I could see them better inside. Satisfied I locked it back up. The flippen antique key broke in the lock. I'm like, "OH F™©K!"! I'm not sure if any of you have had a panic attack before but tonight I did! I sat there and tried to figure out every way possible to jimmy the lock... I spent 3 hours with screw drivers, wrenches, paperclips... Nothing worked! My figures stared falling over inside the case as I tried to open it. I was just about to break the glass when I gave it one more try with a tiny screw driver. I took a hammer and gave it one swift blow and the lock gave way... No damage to my collection, no major damage to my case besides the lock and everything ended happily. Now I am drinking beer to deal with the stress and I'm much better. I just wanted to share my crappy day : )
Steve
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Actually looking back on this whole situation, I'm sure it was quite funny if I could have watched myself on the verge of crying like a little boy as my figures were toppling over like dominoes : )
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Steve that sucks, but I am glad all ended ok. And especithat there was no damage to the collection. You have a ton of one of a kind pieces and damage to them would be truly a huge disaster.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:45 pm

I feel your pain bud been on that ride a few times myself atleast it all turned out good in the end.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:07 am

Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! Thcaos11

Glad you got it open safely in the end - hope your feeling better now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:18 am

"verge of crying" ? admit it, tears were streaming Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks for the sense of humor guys and encouragement... I swear I was close to crying and braking the glass... But then the dang lock gave : ) and I had a few beers too : ) more of a celebration at that point.
Steve
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:54 am

Hey Steve, glad you could find a solution in the end. While reading I could almost feel your panic.

Why not just use the Force next time? Very Happy

And where is the link to the Youtube video which your wife was shooting while you were sitting in front of your antique cabinet?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:03 am

She HATES Star Wars... That makes this almost worse : ) and funny at the same time : ) I'm sure she wishes the lock would stay locked foreverrrrrrr!
That made it even more stressful! : ) BUT I got it unlocked : ) Sssshhhhh! Don't tell her : )
..... Steve
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:17 am

hahahahaha....oh boy Steve....I know such situations very well.

If its late...just let it be and think about it the next day. In your "panic attack" mostly things go way more wrong then in your case.....I usually also "must" fix things right away....which isnt a good idea sometimes....relax..think...then solve the issue....Very Happy

I guess you can now laugh about the situation!

Thanks for sharing.....I see now I am not alone! Wink

Best Wolff
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 am

Sounds like you had a crap day. I know moving could be alot of stress and then when these unexpected things happen it just couldn't get any worse.

Like Wolff said, the best option at that moment would be to walk away and give it a rest. (but hey, i can't do that myself either).

Anyway, i hope the rest of the move went smooth.

Dennis.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 4:20 am

thanx for sharing this story ,it made my day:D
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 am

Thanks for the kind words guys and listening to my "after experience" rant : )
TIG is a great community and I felt I could vent here amongst friends. Thank you for listening : )
And by the way, my Wife actually was happy I got it unlocked. She was worried too... : ) All is good now and the sun rose again : )
Steve
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:21 am

That sounds terrible Steve!!

I bet your heart was in your mouth!

Glad all ended ok with no damage done tho! Cool 
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:06 pm

I know your pain (albait not quite as painful) I lost the keys for the case on this bad boy:

Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! Sany1610

Ended up having to convert a similar 'spare' key foe another guitar case. The whole ordeal laster 2 hours. Thankfully at least it was snugg and safe in side. The figures falling over would have just about killed me, especially your figures! it's not like you had a couple of beater Madines in there I guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:34 pm

NICE guitar!
The figures falling over were my production pieces, thank God! All the protos were in acrylic slide back display cases, thanks Christian : ) and none of those fell over.... but it was close:phew: 
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Sucky. Glad it all worked out. I'm the same way when something goes wrong. I want it fixed now. Right now. How come it isn't better yet. I'm not good at sleeping on it.
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm glad I'm not alone on how I reacted to the situation. I wouldn't have been able to sleep last night if I had just left it as it was. I must have looked pretty funny in my panic but somehow it all worked out... I tried to find a new lock today but because this thing is old, I'm having a hard time. No problem, it just won't have a lock and has no signs that I removed it because it has a face/key plate that I left on. Life is all good again... : )
Steve
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Well buddy if they were normal figures I would say you were over reacting. But these are some pretty damn special and expensive figures you have so I think it deserves a bit of a panic!! Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks Oli : )
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:44 pm

lol! Don't worry you got nothing on this guy!

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Oh my! Josh, you certainly know how to make a guy laugh... The truly disturbing thing is, my middle name is "Francis"... rofl 
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:04 pm

lol! Shouldn't have let that cat out of the bag. From now on, when something like this happens, it will be forever known as 'Having a Francis' tongue 

Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 1:25 am

Glad to hear it worked out in the end for you Steve.
That "Francis" video knocked me off my chair, so funny.
Same story but with different circumstances happened to me about 2 weeks ago.
I locked the keys in the work ute, ended up smashing a small quarter window to get back in. All the time it was pouring rain.
I feel your pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!   Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broke my key in my display case lock... OHHHH F™©K!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1