The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello all. New guy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rasoul
New User
New User

Hello all.  New guy. Empty
PostSubject: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:40 am

Hey everyone, was doing some research and stumbled upon your forum.  Lots of good resources and it seems well organized.  I go to rebelscum sometimes but find it overwhelming at times.  I have a bit of a Star Wars collection but it's mainly moderns and just within the past year or so I started collecting vintage pieces and would like to continue on with vintage but since the original issues were a bit before my time (never played with them as a kid) I find myself not knowing what to look for and just end up buying stuff my buddy brings me without really knowing much about it.  I also started buying foreign releases/bootlegs from the modern lines just because I think they're neat, with no real direction with the set or anything like that.  I usually hang out at the kennersuperpowers forums (my other big collection) but I'm hoping to expand my knowledge base on SW lines here and meet new people!

My name is Rasoul from Oklahoma (Tulsa area) - any other Okies on board?  Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 am

Rasoul

Welcome to TIG. I think you'll find the forum more relaxed than RS so I hope you enjoy your time here. I'm a foreign release vintage collector myself and I think it's great to see someone doing it on the modern line!

I know we have at least one other Okie, I'm sure he'll pop in to say hi.

Glad to have you here, enjoy the site!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 am

welcome to TIG Rasoul.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:45 am

Welcome Smile

I guess it must be more complicated to start collecting such a large line when you don't know much about them. I've started over my collection 1 time before, I had to sell a lot of my stuff in 2005~ after that I had to start over and only have a few of my child hood stuff left.

There are loads of stuff to know, but if your just starting I would recommend starting with the characters you like the most. And later on get into the more advanced stuff when you have read up a bit on the figures. If you haven't allready you should really check out the repro guide that is hosted on http://www.imperialgunnery.com/ to avoid getting ripped off at the waste amount of repro weapons that's out there. It's a pretty large problem especially for new collectors and it's easy to loose a lot of money that way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:12 am

welcome Welcome to the site mate, its a great bunch of guys here, cheers
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:30 am

Welcome to TIG Rasoul cheers

I'm from Enid but I really like the Tulsa area Very Happy Cain's is my absolute favorite place to go to concerts - even though its a 2 hour drive I usually hit at least 3 or 4 shows a year there .

There is at least 1 other guy from Tishomingo , OK that's a member here at TIG too What a Face

You picked the right Star Wars site - the best info can be found here and the members are all top notch guys Cool

welcome
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:56 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:20 am

welcome  To TIG Rasoul  cheers
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:35 am

welcome Welcome to TIG Rasoul, This is the forum to be in for Star Wars, nice and relaxed, enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:45 am

welcome to TIG!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:45 am

welcome to TIG Rasoul i hope you like it here bud, there's no other vintage SW forum like it.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 12:04 pm

Welcome to TIG, Rasoul. welcome

Hope you like it here as well as a lot of others do.

Hello all.  New guy. AAAAC5FPlgUAAAAAAXeMdw
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi
Hello all.  New guy. Original-tv-wonder-woman-lynda-carter-cosplay-sexy-06
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 pm

lol!  AJ ...

now Rasoul has had the official welcome wagon arrive What a Face
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Welcome to tig!  It's an awesome place to be a part of. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Hello and welcome to the group it is great here and there are lots of great pics to see AJ has the best collection though and there a lot of cool star wars pics to Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:31 am

welcome
Rasoul
Back to top Go down
rasoul
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:00 am

Wow thanks everyone. I like it here already! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Welcome to TIG rasoul.
Back to top Go down
rasoul
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 8:19 pm

I'd like to add that I'm impressed that I wasn't called out or flamed for 1) posting in the wrong area since this would have fit better in Off-Topic and 2) not making a post in the introductory post that is stickied.
I guess I'm just not that observant at times. :I am stupid:

Haha, ok well I'll go make a post there too so I can enter the info everyone else posts that I seemed to have missed! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello all. New guy.   Hello all.  New guy. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello all. New guy.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-