The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover Empty
PostSubject: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:41 am

Here's another I've never seen before, surely there aren't that may A-Wings out there?

Original Listing...

ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover SnmvmhX

Photos for the guide...

ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover 5hHSA7F
ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover 03VaGNb

Description...

QUITE NICE 3" inch REPLACEMENT Battery cover for your 12" vintage A-Wing Vehicle; this part is the one on the right; part has nearly the right color; it does not have hinges like the original one, but can be glue gunned or super glued into compartment; it will only work if your A-Wing does not have the motor working any longer!!!

Last edited by walkie on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:51 am

Thanks for sharing, Stefan.

The good news is that the repro battery cover differs quite much from the original.

Still..... attached to a A-Wing, you would not notice the difference from pics, that is till your newly bought A-Wing arrives home.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:14 am

It looks odd though, no hinge and raised tabs with screw holes, almost like it came off another toy!!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:35 am

My first thought was the POTF2 A-Wing. But the POTF2 version has the same battery cover as the vintage version.

ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover Awingbattery

http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2awing.asp

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:17 am

Good spot, but what a strange repro.. looks like they didn't have the moulding capacity to add the hinges lol. And it has to be glued too? And only if the motor does not work? WTF!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 4:25 pm

IMO it looks like it has come from another toy. Why would someone produce a repro that lacks the tabs seen on the original yet includes screw fixings that are of no use? We've seen other examples of Kenner SW modified for use in different toy lines. Maybe this was too. :scratch:

Has the seller sold others like this?
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 6:56 pm

It looks like it's one from the new Hasbro walmart exclusive ships that had no electronics in them and bay the way it is flat unlike the vintage one that is curved near the hinges. see link.

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/awing_fighter_green_leader_walmart_exclusive
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 1:19 am

Amazing detective work, I think you solved the puzzle.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:14 am

Confirmed by the seller as from the Target 1997 A-Wing, title changed as isn't can no longer be considered reproduction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover   ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ODD LOOKING - A-Wing Battery Cover

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1