The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood Empty
PostSubject: Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood   Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:14 am

If you're planing to spend $4500 or throw a best offer on this LL 'prototype set' you should take a look at this:

-No prototypes here, overstock items at best.
-Hood and coat are not original.
-The most important characteristic for a true overstock LL torso is the lack of melt marks on it, and the seller doesn't show that side of torsos on his pictures...
-All the arms on the pictures look bent to the outside, I've seen this characteristic on fake overstock pieces as the result of pulling the arms out of the torsos.

Seller's pictures
Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood T2ec1611 Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood T2ec1612

Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood Imagen11 Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood 2012-010
Coat and hood are repro. On the second picture: Repro coats on left and right, original on the middle, as you can see the hood and coat included on the sale look exactly as the repro on the left. There's no original dark brown coat for LL Jawa.

Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood Imagen11 Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood Imagen12
Arms on an original LL Jawa are very close to the body, the arms on the Jawa on the left look bent to the outside, I've seen this characteristic on fake overstock pieces as the result of pulling the arms out of the torsos.

I Hope this info helps.
Cheers
Ozio

Last edited by OZIO on Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood   Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:15 am

Thanks Ozio for the info! That's some more additions that can go to the Gunnery. PM on it's way my friend.
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood   Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Ozio, nice thread mate, well picked up, you might have just saved somebody plenty of cash, cheers
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood   Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 2:42 pm

:clap: Ozio, great to know people like you are watching over us :clap:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood   Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:16 pm

Great watch out, Ozio!! Very Happy

+2

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood   Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage 1977 Lili Ledy Star Wars Jawa Prototype Set with Removable Hood

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1