The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Need help with Obi-Wan figure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CROCKETT1984
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CROCKETT1984

Need help with Obi-Wan figure Empty
PostSubject: Need help with Obi-Wan figure   Need help with Obi-Wan figure I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:31 pm

I bought this figure on ebay from the seller who said it was all 100% original. I dont know though, the cape is extemely nice. It seems that after 30 years the vinyl should be alot more stiff than what it is. The lightsaber has an EE on the handle. dont really know what that is supposed to mean though. Ill post the link to the page it has detailed pictures if anyone can give me an answer to its validity I would appreciate it. Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261200738383?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2151wt_910
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Obi-Wan figure   Need help with Obi-Wan figure I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 pm

The saber deffinitely looks legit Very Happy

Hard to tell from the pics but the cape looks good as far as I can tell . Not sure if you have it on hand already - but once you do scratch your fingernail on both sides - one side should have a "zippy" noise as you scratch it What a Face If it does it is most likely authentic - you can always post some good closeup pics and the other gurus here will be able to tell you for sure Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Obi-Wan figure   Need help with Obi-Wan figure I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Very Happy well temperture would change the stiffness of a cape, warm/cold water and or air for example. The "Zippy" noise is a good indication as ourchickenshack noted. It's funny that you brought up the saber having a 'EE'...what are the chance of that James thinking @CROCKETT1984 that was just an inside joke please bear it no mind.
Back to top Go down
CROCKETT1984
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
CROCKETT1984

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Obi-Wan figure   Need help with Obi-Wan figure I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 8:50 pm

Well thank you both that makes me feel more better about it. I am always so afraid of getting ripped off with those reproductions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with Obi-Wan figure   Need help with Obi-Wan figure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help with Obi-Wan figure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1