The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. Empty
PostSubject: Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.   Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:57 pm

I was pretty much into every major toyline as a kid, but there were some that I didn't know about
that I'd love to have now, and would pretty much be blown away by back in the day.

I didn't know Silverhawks had a toyline, if I had known I'd gone bonkers since they weren't released in Norway....
I would love to have a full collection, the cartoon was excellent!
Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqgHXCy9jmJVBIp5KpkCRYp_2NvEnfsbn5c1Nb3yWFkSXZc6PL

I loved Robotech, but only had one vehicle, which I traded away the week after I got it. Got it off of ebay 25 years later though, and love it.
Would love a full set of those as well.
Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2ImRtQL8-Dj0Eph6BFPLBdsM6X5Ms2OSd0AhYoAz04D3z12ML

Other lines I didn't know existed until "recent" years is A-team, Defenders of the Earth, and Mash comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.   Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 3:34 am

Cool thread Tundra Cool
There were a few toy lines I never knew existed until later life. Wouldn't mind these:

Dune action figures from LJN
Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. Ljncat10
photo: Arrakis.co.uk

Blackstar figures
Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. Pifgad10

Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. Pifgad11

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.   Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:23 am

Nice thread! Very Happy

I hadn't heard about the Silverhawks line till very recently when watching a vid of Retroblasting.

Same for the Remco Universal Monster line, which I only heard about after reading James' (OCD's Very Happy ) post.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5399-does-anyone-else-collect-remco-universal-monsters

I like both lines a lot, each in their own way.

One line which I could imagine collecting one day, is Mattel's Clash of the Titans line.
I liked the movie a lot in my childhood, but never saw any of the toys here in the Netherlands.

Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. BLOGclashtitans-AD

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog/cantinadan/looking-back-mattels-clash-of-the-titans/

Paul: The Dune line looks really cool.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.   Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:38 pm

There are so many cool lines out there that I had not heard of either when I was a kid Very Happy

Thanks for the shout out to my Remco Monsters line Marco What a Face I hadn't heard of them when I was a kid either Very Happy

One line that I have been trying to collect for 4 years now is Knickerbockers Lord of The Rings line :
Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. Thca4510

Here is a link to some better pictures of the figures themselves :
http://www.action-figures.ca/lord_of_the_rings.htm

The figures are tough to find but the accessories are damn near impossible . After 4 years , all I have managed to get is a Gollum , Frodo and same (both with sheaths but no swords) and a complete Ringwraith .

As with most any line , if you have lots of money they can be found a little easier . If your cheap like me its hard to get good deals . I paid $100 for my Ringwraith , which was a bargain considering they will normally sell for well over $200 complete .

Deffinitely a cool line but you either have to have lots of patience or have lots of money to find them all What a Face
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.   Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:03 pm

I remember all of these lines, but as a kid my parents only allowed me to keep it basic. Gi joe and transformers. Now as an adult I have to go back and get all of this stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.   Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 3:55 pm

The Blackstar stuff is another line I never knew of, those look awesome as well.
Never liked Dune, so I won't comment on them..... Razz

Doc, the Silverhawks intro tune more than makes up for the flaws!!! Cool
I've seen the titan toys quite often, isn't that mummy quite "rare"?

Curch; I had to stick to a couple of lines myself, but on vacations I was allowed to pick up more random toys. Smile

Hehe, good luck on the hunt for the LOTR figs, osc, you're gonna need it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.   Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Love the Robotech line. Would like to get some, one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.   Toys you never knew of and toys you never got. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Toys you never knew of and toys you never got.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1