The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS) Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS)   Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:27 am

DROIDS: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING

The Star Wars Droids series were never broadcasted on dutch television in the 80s.
That probably explains that it was no love at first sight when first seeing the Droids rigs on theswca.com one day.
Things have changed since then and nowadays I consider them one of the greatest rigs around, mostly for their cool and clever design:
SIDE GUNNER and ATL INTERCEPTOR.

Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS) Art-glasslite-sidegunner-3_zps78e6d219
Picture – theswca.com

Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS) ATLInterceptorDrD_zps63a46c4e
Picture – Dr D

While looking for some background info for the POTB thread, I stumbled upon these two Droids episodes featuring the two rigs in full action, and thought about sharing them here.

ESCAPE INTO TERROR (Part 2 in the Droids Serie): Featuring the ATL INTERCEPTOR (and Vlix!!! )  

THE NEW KING (Part 6 in the Droids Serie): Featuring the SIDE GUNNER (and IG-88 flying a TIE something  cheers ).

Have fun guys, while watching:  popcorn

ATL Interceptor can be seen at 21:23 (if you look very carefully)

Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS) TrigonATLInterceptor_zps2014f6af
Picture – http://nl.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ATL_Interceptor

Side Gunner can be seen at 6:24 and further.

Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS) Side_Gunner1_zps3e2489ad
Picture – http://nl.starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Gunner

Do you know of any other Droids episodes featuring the SIDE GUNNER OR ATL INTERCEPTOR?

Please post them here.

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : 1. Correcting typos. 2. Correcting code. 3. Original Youtube movie links were not working anymore and were replaced by new ones.)
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sompeetalay
New User
New User
Sompeetalay

Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS)   Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:43 am

In Belgium (Flanders) VTM did broadcast 'Droids' (not 'The Great Heep', though) so I taped all the episodes back then. I guess it must have been 1989. I've always enjoyed Droids a lot since then. Great cartoon, always underestimated.

Thx for crediting my screencap at Yodapedia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.teekay-421.be

Weekend Video: ESCAPE INTO TERROR & THE NEW KING (FEATURING THE DROIDS RIGS)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1