The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!! Empty
PostSubject: Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!!   Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:32 am

Hey guys,

I am so ready to see what the explanation for this is...if there is one that someone can provide?

Ok so I have the 65bk Stormie which I had purchased in the past and the other day I looked at it and spotted an usual outline so I did some reserach and contacted a trusted agent for his opinion about a reseal possibility. This is what I know from photographs and my chats with a trusted agent Wink

I know of 2 65bk Kenner Stormies from photos to this point; ones with offer stickers and ones without. The ones with the offer sticker has a bubble that is bigger and the right edge of the bubble goes over the Stormies helmet edge. The no offer sticker one, which I have, has the bubble that goes over the Stormies shoulder. Now here is the dilemma; mine has an ouline which goes over the Stormie's mask edge as if there was a bubble there??? Here is what I know;

-There is no sign of a reseal, no rips, no glue residue, nothing that would signify a bubble being lifted up or a new one sealed in.
-Bubble is a little yellow and has minor scratches on it as if it is from 30 years ago and not the last 5 years or whenever in the recent past.
-There are no signs I see or that my acquiantance can see.

It looks as if the bigger bubbles I've seen on the offer cards was over top of my Stormie's bubble??? Weird! Now the guy I spoke of earlier informed me during that transition from ESB to ROTJ there were variations in card bubbles as if... the manufacturing managers did not get the memo about the stem change or a sealing method change or maybe I should say some people did get the memos and some people did not which meant a variety of anomolies doh from late ESB cards to early ROTJ cards. I was shown a picture of a asymetrical bubble base on a Bib Fortuna ( I think I've seen it before) where it was wider on the card edge/ left side /and thinner on the right/inside? Experiments? or screw ups?

Anyhow here are the pics of mine, you can see the questionable seal outline I refer to over his mask edge. I have no clue about photoshop nor do I even think this iMAC has it rofl Hell I don't know, I work for the Gov't and Microsoft is all I've ever known. You'll see it, look close. I know I talk allot Razz

Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!! Dscn3014
Look to the right edge of the bubble

Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!! Dscn3012
Look on the right and follow it down and around the lower edge of the bubble or up

Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!! Dscn3011
Ok harder to see on this one, but you can see a nice seal

You guys may have seen this and know what it is. I am curious for sure???? Thanks in advance as always. I expect a fast answer as I always get...but will be pleasantly surprised if I do not get one lol!
-Pauly

Last edited by SithLord2013 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!!   Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 am

Paul

I can see that outer track but I don't think its anything. The bubble has a very distinct waffle pattern like you want to see. That outer track has nothing on it to suggest that something was ever attached.

My two cents , you're okay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Paul Armory
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Paul Armory

PostSubject: Re: Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!!   Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 am

OK. So if anyone is curious about what may have cause the outline on the card around the bubble I've come across a theory provided to me with the help of other's.

Basically a factory error due to the 2 bubble sizes used during the 65bk period of production. These are theory quotes, not from me, below;

"My best guess is it went into the heat sealer when the element was warm, and gave perhaps a surrounding burn to the card back. Just a guess. It all seems ok to me."

"the heating element was too large and burnt the card is all. Still totally legit."

"I think this makes sense, that the machine was calibrated for the larger size bubble when they switched to a bubble with a smaller seal, so it left the "footprint" of the larger bubble which overlapped onto the card."

"It may have even been the wrong machine- either way it's a very strong case for a factory error, and not a sign of tampering"

I thought I would share this in case anyone else has cards out there with these signs. Reading much of what all you write sometimes makes me feel inferior due to my being "New" to this realm. Someday I'll be able to contribute more Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!!   Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok gents I'll drive and you guide...MOC 65bk Stormie-Theory provided!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1