The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 4:11 am

Well this is not next door for some of you Laughing but maybe worth indicating...(I have not seen any similar post so far on TIG)

Le Musée des arts décoratifs in Paris (FR) is proposing an exhibit on vintage Star Wars toys (and recent as well)

http://www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr/francais/accueil-292/une-486/francais/arts-decoratifs/expositions-23/actuellement/dans-la-galerie-des-jouets/les-jouets-star-wars/
http://www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr/francais/arts-decoratifs/expositions-23/actuellement/dans-la-galerie-des-jouets/les-jouets-star-wars/diaporama-3097

They also be selling a specific poster during the exhibit: "Les Jouets" means "Toys" in French

http://www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr/francais/arts-decoratifs/expositions-23/actuellement/dans-la-galerie-des-jouets/les-jouets-star-wars/a-la-boutique-3101

Just wondering if one the European guys in this forum were planning to attend. I personnally might go mid February 2013...

Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. Affich10
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:00 am

Love the poster, Alex. I'm definitely going to go cheers It's been reported and advertised in a lot of magazines and online here. We were planning a trip 'up north' for the New Year anyway, so it's great they're letting the exhibition have a long run.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 5:45 am

Didnt know the exhibit had such a long run might make the effort to attend Cool cheers
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Well i have put tickets for this show On my christmas wish list....

Probably Will go somewhere in the beginning of next year aswell.
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:08 pm

I might try and get to this, I will tell the wife its a romantic weekend in Paris, then happen to come across it.
If that plan don't work I might have to tap one of you that are going, to pick me up one of them posters. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dutchskywalker
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dutchskywalker

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 3:33 pm

MIB had an great photoreport on this, wich was taken down hours after been upped.

I am trying to go to it the next couple of months, if I can find an old collecting buddy to go with me.
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:11 am

I am going to Paris next week. I will take the opportunity to go to the exhibit. Very Happy
I am planning to buy as well a poster for me. For those who can not attend and wish a poster (not sure about the price though). I certainly can buy a few of them for TIG members meeting . You just need to PM me.

Alex
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:03 am

firstly sorry as I have been out the TIG circuit lately for various reasons, nothing bad but time consuming. hope I will be able to contribute again more actively in future. king

I have been in Paris last week. I went to the Exhibit. Though it is rather small, its quite well done. Not an ton of things but all Meccano 12back cards, some prototypes, the unproduced 12inch outfits for Leia, Han solo and Luke. I wish I could have made pictures but it was forbidden...

The most impressive piece for me was this Meccano display box containing free give aways figures (a bunch of them, including a Boba Fett!) that kids could pick up when purchasing any vehicle! Its featured in the exhibit catalog that I purchased, I am planning to scan that specific page to place it here but wonder if this might not be (c) infrigment study ....moderators might know.

All in all a nice exhibit that was rather for the profane than for real collectors.

Anyone else on this forum went?
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Ha, i was there this weekend aswell.
Like you say, it was small but he had some impressive items.
Rocket Fett, pedal speederbike from contest with display stand, Canadian 12 figure pack, meccano VC Jawa..

I think the exihibition does not really apply to the General public as they won't see how much special items where displayed and many items could only be appreciated by vintage collectors as only they know how special and rare they are.

Yes pictures where not allowed, but when the guard turned his head, i quickly snapped this shot....

Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. 1B33388C-E90B-4FC5-89ED-33C37337EF7D-2061-000002321B295EEB_zps93e69376
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.   Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vintage Star Wars toys Exhibit in Paris, France.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1