The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Empty
PostSubject: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 am

So here is what I've got so far since my wife and I moved into the house. I must say, time away from the military to work on my room is scarce, but it's a work in progress and I enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy the pics. Please feel free to ask questions.

A couple of center pieces of my collection include the original Star Wars Countertop Display filled with 12 backs in addition to the two sets of 12 backs on the wall. I also have the original shipping case for the countertop display. In the display case I have a mint sealed EBC kit with original newspaper ad, receipt, and Toys R Us invoice for the kit.

I have since filled the display case with more collectibles and rarities, so I will update pics very soon.

Cheers
Rob

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro10

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro11

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro13

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro12

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro14

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro17

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro18

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro19

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro20

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro21

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro22

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro15

So, I pulled out all my loose complete figures (I have 1500 of them) and started putting them on display. I've also been sorting through them, looking for any rare variations, something I've never done before. It's been work, but fun. Here's a few new pics.

I'm one Imperial Dignitary and one Yak Face shy of a 4th complete set of the vintage American figures. Shocked

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Photo110

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Photo711

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Photo910

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Photo510

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Photo111

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Photo610

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Photo810

Last edited by robsolo32 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 am

Your collection/pictures is just as impressive the second time around. Are the tie bombers double/triples or something more significant?
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:52 am

That's a really nice display you have there. Love the non star wars stuff you have mixed in there, gives it a nice vintage toy store feeling .
Back to top Go down
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 am

Thank you very much!

Aussie,

The loose TIE Bombers are just extras. Very Happy I always loved that piece. I just picked up the MISB TIE bomber about 8 months ago.

Rob
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 am

Thanks for sharing the pics here Rob. Some really great early SW items. Good to see the Takara Zetca moc too - don't often see all those in a collection, I have the X-Wing, I think they make neat little mocs cheers

Like also the nice mix of oddball stuff! Btw if you find time in the future to take individual pics of the oddball stuff they will be made most welcome here: TIG International Oddball Resource

Cheers!

Paul
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:46 am

Wow! Unreal collection!
Back to top Go down
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Thank you.

I love the Zetca die cast. I'm in need of the C-3PO and Landspeeder. Had the C-3PO as a kid, but sold it when I was in high school in the early 90s. Sad

Rob
Back to top Go down
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:03 pm

New pics added. R2D2
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Holy crap dude Shocked are you trying to corner the market on vintage Star Wars figures or something? 2 Yak Faces, 3 vinyl cape Jawas, leave some for the rest of us mere mortals please!

It's like stumbling across the lost city of Zinj Smile Very impressive.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Great collection and elegantly displayed. Thanks for sharing!

Curious: What is inside the little box, in the display cabinet, next to the encased Luke Jedi?

And what is the Toys 'R Us paperwork behind the Early Bird mailer?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Marco " Toys R Us invoice for the kit. "
I'm loving all the loose figures- there's OCD tendencys in all of us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:08 pm

I'll take some closeups of the EBC with the invoice, receipt and ad, tomorrow and post them up.

Marco, not sure what you are talking about. I don't have an encased Luke Jedi in the display cabinet. If you can provide a better reference, I will gladly answer your question.
Back to top Go down
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Dax,

I have 3 Yaks. The third one is on display on top of my display cabinet with the POTF figs.

I have been collecting SW for 30+ years. I bought tons of it over the last 20 years buying collections from other people, and so forth. I've always had an addiction to the action figures.

It's time to thin it out though.

I'm in the process of sorting through what I absolutely want to keep and what I want to sell or trade.

I can't keep this much anymore. Sad
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:07 pm

I think Marco means what's in this jewellery box?:
Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles Toy_ro17
Back to top Go down
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:03 pm

LOL!! I see now. I took the Luke Jedi out of my display case. Rather than reference the old photos, I was looking at the current display. LOL

Stupid me.

Yeah, that is the Star Wars ring set. I have lots of other original Star Wars jewelry yet to be displayed. Though, not worth much, I always liked the ring set.

Thanks Aussie!

Rob
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:27 pm

wow,

early bird, dual telescoping sabers, vinyl cape jawas and other rarities!

cant get any better than that. I feel like a noob now. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:17 pm

robsolo32 wrote:
LOL!! I see now. I took the Luke Jedi out of my display case. Rather than reference the old photos, I was looking at the current display. LOL

Stupid me.

Yeah, that is the Star Wars ring set. I have lots of other original Star Wars jewelry yet to be displayed. Though, not worth much, I always liked the ring set.

Thanks Aussie!

Rob

I indeed meant what now appears to be a little jewelry box. lol!

Thanks AJ and Rob! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Grant_C
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Grant_C

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Thats a stunning collection. I love the Glasses display Smile
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Amazing collection...was amaze with the loose stack of figures you have there. I can see you got loads of Fetts down there too Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles   Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current set up and still working...Counter Display, 12 backs, and other collectibles

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1