The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. Empty
PostSubject: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Just a Video heads up for the unwary, any Repro item the site guides dont cover (as yet) ill try and highlight their existance in this forum.

This Palitoy Deathstar was advertised that it was made from scanned images and offered the scans free, once printed and assembled it could be used to deceive.

Know of other Repro items not yet covered by T.I.G.? Get in touch with one of the team so we can highlight its existance here. Smile

Last edited by The Admiral on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 5:30 am

that is an nawsome idea, bet you had loads of fun making that one again

loved ya in the background with your tumb down and shake your head NO
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:57 am

Hehe yeh just a few seconds vid can go a long way Jim, did you notice the new character making an appearance?
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:38 am

i had a good look at the pictures rob, an i think this is the original playset he took the scans of.

look at the wear of the cardboard, at the bottom edge, it's quite obvious there
also, the presence of (some of the) plastic pieces are a hint in that direction

anyway, it's probably good to know that the original playset has a nice full color print on the bottom side
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 pm

Yah Wouter, it did say scans from the original, i guess the bottom would be scanned in 2 or more parts for them to reproduce so that would be pretty obvious to detect (ask to see close ups of the bottom if suspicious Smile )
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 am

How is this one going?

Did you manage to get more pictures of the seller or inquire as to how it was specifically made Rob?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:45 am

Wouter compared the photos to his, it appears they used a pic of a real Palitoy death Star to suggest "this is what it will look like when built", the best things to look out for are the type of card the printouts will be pasted onto, the plastic parts wont be there or maybe have something similar to the originals in place, there will definately be a join on the bottom as its just too large to print as one piece (for most people anyway). I do have most of the printout parts downloaded from the site where it was advertised, perhaps i should print them out and try building it, looks a bit fiddly to me mind - not something i wish to try and my laser printer says **** off Wink

If ive missed anything Wouter do chip in m8, ive reworded the first post to match the findings.
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:31 am

you forgot to mention our everlasting love for each other, but other than that, you nailed it :p
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.   Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repro Palitoy Deathstar - Video Heads Up.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1