The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite C6 Experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

Favorite C6 Experience Empty
PostSubject: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm still coming down off my C6 high and want to keep reliving all the memories. So I thought I'd see what everyone's favorite moment(s)/experiences were at C6?

I have about 8 that I would rank right up with each other. The biggest and probably best was hanging out with friends and making new ones. That to me is what this hobby is all about. We would constantly push ourselves to the limits of sanity and sleep deprivation just to soak up as much time as possible with each other. Bed times were constantly in the 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 AM ranges for just about all involved. And most of the time, wake up times were right around 7:00 am. It was truly epic to not only catch up with everyone but to make all the new acquaintances.

The second best moment for me was probably scoring Trems at the swap meet and room sales. I've been teetering on this ledge for years now, and finally jumped off head first! Smile

Third best moment was having a long conversation with Oscar and Luis at the Archive Party. And the final best moment would have been the Archive Party. Such hard work, time and dedication went into that event and it was great to see it pay off in the end. It wasn't without it's hiccups but I think those closest to me is what made that night memorable!

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:30 pm

I didn't go, but this guy : http://swspaceclub.com/celebration/2012/08/30/the-future-of-collecting/ Shocked
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:40 pm

This was my second Celebration. And I had a blast!

This was the first one where I actually knew a few people, and was able to meet some of you and chat. I can't really pin down one specific event as my favorite. It was more of a culmination of awesomeness.

It was cool to meet Joe Y for the first time, and buy a sweet ass Vader proto from him. Also, I can't thank you enough for having a jumbo sized t-shirt made!! It seriously made my entire con to know that you went to such trouble.

And the Archive Party as a whole was great. I was able to meet Shawn K, and GanjaFett, both super cool guys! And I was also blown away by the time, effort, and money some of you guys go in order to make awesome giveaways. I was able to get a pin from Michael Ritter, and an awesome patch from Jason West. Again, just really cool guys. I was also able to meet Luis Villagomez face to face, after doing lots of Vader deals with him via e-mail. And Jeff Jacobs, Michael Mensinger, and many others. I apologize if I've forgotten anyone.

I've always been kind of shy when it comes to meeting face to face, so this year I tried to go out of my way to say hi. And I'm glad I did! Although, looking back there were lots of folks I missed, and will have to catch next time.

Also, this was the first year I found the room sales. Holy shit. They're everything everyone says they are. I couldn't believe the amazing pieces I saw. And what a cool atmosphere seeing friends sell to other friends. No BS. No fakes. Just everyone trying to help out other collectors.

I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of stuff. But meeting folks was by far the best part of C6 for me.

I hope to see you all again at the next U.S. one!!
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:37 pm

Hmm, I think that my hand looking over the two jawa proofs I did NOT get.. Cheers to Jeff for scoring those.

Best moments:

Meeting new friends. Chris, Amy, Shawn and his wife (Carrie?), Tad, Scott, Alex, Andy so many others I have written down in my journal.
My pins and patches being out by Saturday. Thank you to everyone for the compliments.

Most unique moment: Heading out to Dinner (The Pub) with Mike Z, Jeff, JT and Trevor. Seeing a woman/man/?? in a pink dress who happened to be looking for the bathroom. Jeff staying back to talk to her. When he finally came out the door, another man ran our direction waving his hand up and down, then telling us the girl is a dude. We are not 100% of the results and will let it die..

The Pub picture:
Favorite C6 Experience Jeff%252C+Mike+Z%252C+Trevor%252C+JT+and+Me+at+The+Pub
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
BruceW
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 am

My favorite experience was hanging out with my friends that I knew, and making new ones! C6 was a lot of fun, despite how exhausting it is (running back and forth from the con to the hotel, rushing from one event to another really takes its toll after 4 days)! I was so happy to see people that I knew, and meeting people in person that I've been talking to online for years. Seeing my friends was the main reason I went to C6, and it was sooo much fun, that I hated to leave.

Other experiences: Getting our photo with Carrie Fisher, saying "Hi" to Carrie Fisher again as she was shopping at James Gallo's booth after closing time, picking up a couple of MOC's and some random things for my Leia focus, and seeing some amazing tattoos at the tattoo competition. The Archive Party was amazing, too! Leslie ended up winning the t-shirt raffle (okay I bought the tickets and he totally took it out of my hand after the number was called, but I'm used to "what's yours is mine")! I didn't pick up much at room sales, but again, I'll take any excuse to hang out and talk about the hobby!

It was a lot of fun! And I can't believe we only have 11 months to save for Germany!

Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:33 am

It's really hard to pinpoint just a few experiences, but I'll name a few.

1. Definitely meeting everyone and putting faces to names or vice versa. It was fun to have someone that you weren't quite sure who they were come right up and say "Hey Shawn!" and then putting two and two together. Smile

2. While manning the rocket fett game at the archive party, I had a Kenner designer actually come up to me and say "I designed that", while pointing to the rocket fett. It was a brief meeting, but I was floored.

3. Chris' excitement when he got his first trem on his birthday. It was also my first time seeing one first hand and I still can't believe how heavy they are.

sith jawa wrote:
Shawn and his wife (Carrie?),

It's actually Sarah, but I won't tell her if you don't. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 9:02 pm

sith jawa wrote:
Hmm, I think that my hand looking over the two jawa proofs I did NOT get.. Cheers to Jeff for scoring those.

Best moments:

Meeting new friends. Chris, Amy, Shawn and his wife (Carrie?), Tad, Scott, Alex, Andy so many others I have written down in my journal.
My pins and patches being out by Saturday. Thank you to everyone for the compliments.

Most unique moment: Heading out to Dinner (The Pub) with Mike Z, Jeff, JT and Trevor. Seeing a woman/man/?? in a pink dress who happened to be looking for the bathroom. Jeff staying back to talk to her. When he finally came out the door, another man ran our direction waving his hand up and down, then telling us the girl is a dude. We are not 100% of the results and will let it die..

The Pub picture:
Favorite C6 Experience Jeff%252C+Mike+Z%252C+Trevor%252C+JT+and+Me+at+The+Pub

Ah yes the pub, however it's Jeff, Me, JT, Trevor. ;-)

Had a great time, I recall that picture being taken hours before the room sales!!! That dinner, Archive Party, panels, all of the collectors under one roof!!! So much to choose from its hard to isolate one experience, it was all incredible.

C6 was one of my greatest life experiences!! I will be back for C7
Back to top Go down
oceans11
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:03 pm

My favorite moments of CVI were small moments in time that were the reasons why I absolutely love going to these shows. Watching Aimee being ready to kick ass at the booth when a guy was giving Shane a difficult time over buying some Lego sets (and just being an all around ass). Lee coming up with his Transformer name. Watching Tammy work at the booth. Playing cards with Tammy, Karyn, and Luis on the last night there. Johan's exclusive C-3PO button that he gave out at the archive party. Being in the bootleg panel and seeing a lot of "George Don't Like It" on the backs of shirts of people sitting in front of me. These moments were just great moments in time and what make this show a must for me to attend. I loved the opportunity to be able to catch up with friends while getting a chance to know some of the other forum members better.

All of that and I managed to get a couple of Model Trem figures and the Takara Stormtrooper variant MOC.

Good times and I look forward to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite C6 Experience   Favorite C6 Experience I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite C6 Experience

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1