The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? Empty
PostSubject: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Hello Everybody,
Something I've been wanting to do for some time now is to go through my carded figures or MOC's however you want to say it. I recently destroyed my knee playing softball and have plenty of time of late to do this task. I had to have my wife take down from they're shelves all my white comic book boxes and other containers in which I keep my cased and loose MOC's. So now, I sitting her boxes open, papertowel, aerosol glass cleaner, new star cases ready, Guinness in hand and am stuck " Is this MOC really worth putting into a star case. I mean its obvious a c9 card deserves a star case at the least but does a firm c4 or c5? So,

Back to top Go down
A_new_hope
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
A_new_hope

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:16 pm

All mocĀ“s deserve a acrylic case i think but then i dont own so many that its a fortune to by just the cases. But i dont think the condition have any say in it, just the feeling to the moc in question. So star case them up all of them id say cheers
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:25 pm

My heart skips a beat everytime I find a moc in the wild without a star case! As soon as I get home every MOC regardless of condition gets one.

OT-Good luck with your knee, those type of injuries are agonizing. You'll get through it. cheers
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Star cases are cheap, all my MOCs have them ( even some modern MOCs Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:37 pm

If I had MOCs (and I may some day) I will be putting all my MOCs in star cases. T o me all MOCs should have some sort of protection.
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:03 pm

I pretty much put every carded figure I have in a star case.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Lentz
New User
New User
Kevin Lentz

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 9:59 pm

I keep mine in Oscar acryllic cases, but I buy and collect fairly nice-looking carded figures to start with. At times, it seems like a waste - in some cases, I've put a $10 figure in a $17 case. But overall, I think I've held myself to the old rule that you should budget about 10% of your collecting dollar on display.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:02 pm

You got a pic of your collection as it stands, Kevin?
I've seen your site before...needs updating me thinks lol! Still bloody brilliant though Cool

And that's a good rule everyone should follow. No point buying it if you can't display it. No fun in that IMO. Feel sorry for these guys who have to keep it locked away. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kevin Lentz
New User
New User
Kevin Lentz

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Josh wrote:
I've seen your site before...needs updating me thinks lol! Still bloody brilliant though Cool

Thanks. I haven't updated in ages and don't know when / if I will. Here's a pic of some of my carded. If anyone's interested, I just uploaded a bunch to Facebook - you can friend me on there to see the whole room.

In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? 002
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:59 am

I keep every carded figure in a Star case. They deserve to be well protected. A Star Case is cheap so it doesn't put much strain on your budget.

Nice MOC:s by the way.
Back to top Go down
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:11 am

Boomstick66 wrote:

I find it's best when I am sober otherwise there's a good chance that I'll..................oh wait, I see what you mean. lol!

Not that I have many carded but I would like all of mine in cases. When people see my collection they have a tendancy to want to touch as well (not everyone). Think of the cost of replacing one should someone crack a bubble or crease a card. I'm talking friends, you can always buy another figure but you'll always remember the prick who dropped your carded Yak Face!!

I guess that's another good reason to get them in a closed display cabinet as well.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:42 am

Kevin Lentz wrote:
At times, it seems like a waste - in some cases, I've put a $10 figure in a $17 case.

But it's amazing how a $17 case can make a $10 figure really come to life and look like a $100 figure. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:42 am

He he
i think my acrylic cases are more expensive than My moc collection
My advise put them at least in star cases
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:46 am

Mike_Z wrote:
My heart skips a beat everytime I find a moc in the wild without a star case! As soon as I get home every MOC regardless of condition gets one.

OT-Good luck with your knee, those type of injuries are agonizing. You'll get through it. cheers

Got to catch them all!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Kevin Lentz wrote:
Josh wrote:

Thanks. I haven't updated in ages and don't know when / if I will. Here's a pic of some of my carded. If anyone's interested, I just uploaded a bunch to Facebook - you can friend me on there to see the whole room.

In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? 002

Cheers. Will be sending a request later on today then. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks everyone for the input. I had a bunch of not so pretty carded figures put away in a box lose that I've bought over the years. Nothing to fabulous but wasn't to sure whether or not they deserved more. ALL moc's now get cases... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case?   In what condition do you put a carded figure in a star case? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1