The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A moment!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks for playing, Chris. Some truly great memories for you by the sounds of it.

Anyone else want to share some highlights?
Back to top Go down
sisefromm
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:39 pm

my highlight was last year was a purchase
i done 2 years ago a big trade for a toptoys vader on sample-handmade-card - its more a cardboard where toptoys have glued a print of the card onto it... there is everywere glue and fingerprits and handglued blister with an unpainted top toys luke jedi on it ...and a legit piece from matt brand (few where not faked from pablo) you find more about it here:

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48476

you see how bad it looks specially the back :-D i was so happy with it so i have feel very proud about his find
after seeing Kenji posting the vader on vader sample card semilar to the luke on vader card i still own i was getting crazy so i finaly got this beauty too... the vader here is semial the cardboard the handglued blister the staples the blister was diffrent but
also a legit item from matt brand and the vader is also unpainted... (just the blister have a crack but nothing to open maybe 2 cm

so for me this was the best higlight in the last year!

A moment! - Page 2 810

ahhhhhh waht an beauty...
but sorry to say i have much more than this beauty in my run sometimes my faforite changes...
at the end i really like the poch/pbp logo esb mocs and the canadian 12 back the only bilogo on front moc
and like to see both logos on one side...
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 pm

I read this thread and just love the replies. Everyone has something different. And that's what makes this community TIG so special. So not to get too sappy on you guys, but my major moment is sharing this Star Wars collecting experience with my son Logan. I want to post a picture of a purchase I made that was a big moment in my collection, but I feel they all are pretty special because I share these moments with my son : ) Life is pretty awesome when you can share something you care so much about with someone that you care so much about : )
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:50 pm

I knew that would be worth the wait.
AWESOME HIGHLIGHT IMO, Stevo. It's great you and your son can share collecting, and the journey together.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to write a reply here.
I wanted to get some positive feelings out there...I don't know about anyone else, but after reading this thread again, I am feeling pretty positive about the hobby for a change. So thanks again for playing along, everyone.
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:39 pm

This is a really good thread. It's hard to pick "one" for me, but just within the context of my
collection/goals, etc. finally being able to complete my set of prototype DT Vaders would
be a huge highlight. This beauty is the final piece I needed to complete my set:
A moment! - Page 2 MTvaderNew

It took me close to 15-16 years to track everything down, and the whole time this was the
piece that was always the "grail" for the collection. This is the same figure that was used
for all the early Kenner photography, catalouges, displays, etc. so it really compounded
my "grail-ish need" for this figure. Here is the write up and some of the original info I have
posted on my page:

http://www.sithtoys.com/MTVader.html

You can see a group shot of the complete set w/ descriptions on the gallery page here:

http://www.sithtoys.com/Gallery.html

Bill

~ I know this isn't everyone's thing, but one of those personal "ultimate" collecting goals that I really
felt a sense of accomplishment with. Smile
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:43 pm

15-16 years to track down? Shocked Yeah, I'd say that would be a highlight for anyone of us here lol!
Great choice, Bill. Shows this hobby is all about dedication. Sticking through the thick and thin of it all.

Thanks for sharing, mate.

Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Hey Josh. Great job on starting this thread. I agree with you completely. This thread puts a HUGE positive back into the collecting community. Nice job buddy : )
Back to top Go down
KJ
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:52 am

Easy one for me.

As a kid I'd always wanted a Luke in his X-Wing gear.

Never had one.

So when eBay was still new, I bought a carded Luke X-Wing.

That's it for me.

Absolute childhood wish fulfilment, and it's always going to be one of the stars of my collectible.
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:41 am

sisefromm wrote:

but sorry to say i have much more than this beauty in my run sometimes my faforite changes...
at the end i really like the poch/pbp logo esb mocs and the canadian 12 back the only bilogo on front moc

That is an awesome piece !!! Smile I love the notes and details on the front, that is exceptional !! Very cool !

Bill

Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:42 am

Great Thread!

I'd have to say I have a few:

First and more important than anything in my collection are the true friendships I made here at TIG. You guys have always been around through good and bad. Y'all know who you are.

Second - and this had the biggest impact on my collecting focus - Reading JoeY's interview here probably about 2 years ago? I never knew what a SW Bootleg was. His interview opened a huge, exciting realm for me. At a point when collecting was actually getting dull.

Third - my fiance. She understands the importance the hobby and all of my friends who go along with it has to me.
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 1:09 pm

I have a couple of moments! Very Happy

Toy wise,i'd have to say when i finally bought myself Darth Vaders TIE Fighter from Marc (theguiltyone).I'd always wanted one as a kid & never got one so i treated myself to one which was in immaculate condition! Cool

On a personal level,it was awesome to finally meet some of the guys when i went to the November 2010 Memorabilia show at the Birmingham NEC.I met up with some of the SWCC guys plus i got to meet & talk to those fine gentlemen Gary Smith,Lee Bullock,Burnsy & Ed! Cool

Back to top Go down
sisefromm
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:17 pm

sithtoys wrote:
sisefromm wrote:

That is an awesome piece !!! Smile I love the notes and details on the front, that is exceptional !! Very cool !

Bill

thanks Bill... i also like the notes on the front...
the change from TM to MR is Trade Mark to the spanish Marka Registrada
you understand me ... the details make this to an unique and special item!
Back to top Go down
Sandcrawler72
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Sandcrawler72

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 pm

I like this post... I find it interesting.

There has been a few twist and turn type moments thru the years. But if I had to pick one it would be this one:

I would say breaking out of my lurking habit a little over a year ago. By lurking I meaning reading the posts and not providing much else to forums. Since that epiphany, I made several new friends in the Star Wars community and started a local Star Wars club of sorts here in Arizona.

I picked up some awesome items thru the years but I have to say none of them compares to the friendships I have made within our Star Wars community. I know what you are thinking... What a cheeze ball. Rolling Eyes

It may be cheezy but it's true all the same. affraid

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Now we can't get him to shut up Rolling Eyes
Just kidding. Razz

Thanks for taking the time play along What a Face

I know more of you want to play...don't be shy now...we don't bite. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am

A "moment" for me actually was a whole day i spent travelling to look at a childhood SW collection a number of years ago when i was just starting out collecting again.
I'd been talking to the guy on & off for months & i was worried that the trip might be a waste of a day & 1000km of fuel. I eventually decided to go. I took a day off work & drove up - a 5 hour drive. Initially the guy was out! He did return soon after i got there though. The collection was in decent condition & still being displayed. The figures were all bought in Australia back in the day (the Jawa was a Toltoys vinyl cape & the Vader was a "Taiwan only" COO!? - I checked this years later). They all had original accessories. I had to help the guy clear out the cabinet. It really was an awesome experience & he threw in a heap of extra figures & accessories as well as a few vehicles.
I drove home completely chuffed. I picked up a Boba Fett prop helmet on the way home if i remember rightly too.
Here's a picture i took of the collection before we packed it all up.
A moment! - Page 2 IMG_0075-1
Strangely enough, this ended up being the start of something else too, as most of the POTF figures in the collection came with little shiny aluminium discs....
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 3:11 am

My moment does not acquiring something for the collection, but i like to tell you where the spark came from that startted it all for me. Since I was born in 1982, I actually missed the star wars toys as I grew up as kid. I grew up playing with Motu and GI Joe as action figures. I did get an Snowtrooper and Wampa as kid, but these where the only SW figures I had. As a kid I always read old issues of a weekly kids magazine (Donald Duck) wich my dad had collected for years already before I was born (since 1979 to be exact), he had every issue since 1979 and they where all bounded togheter in 2 big books each 1/2 year. I had seen the movies as a kid (wich I loved) and whilst reading those magazines I always noticed the star wars toy adds and how much I wanted those. I even cut out all the different toy adds from those bounded magazines and I was asking my parents for these toys, wich where no longer available in the stores at that time.

Around the same time (20+ years ago) my uncle met a woman who had a son from a previous marriage. Here son was 8 or 9 years older than me, a tall guy, long hair, always wearing metal t-shirts. I still remember the first time I entered his room, he had Star Wars toys all over the place and as much as I wanted to play with his toys, he wouldn’t let me. He was around 18-19y old at that time and that was his collection. I remember he had build like small diorama’s using vehicle’s playsets and figures, a bunch off carded figures pinned against the wall…. A Falcon, Tie fighters, X-Wings, Y-Wings and others hung down from his ceiling, recreating space battles. He had things I had not seen in the add’s before, like that big sandcrawler wich I remember I was pretty stoked about. His dressing room, wich was actually more his storage for all the boxes from the playsets and vehicles he had. Man he had everything I wanted!

About a year later my uncle and the woman broke up and she moved out with her son. They forgot a moving box wich contained some loose Star Wars figures, a boxed Tie Interceptor, B-Wing and a Landspeeder.
Because they forgot the box, my uncle gave it to me and that was my moment, that gave me the spark wich still drives me to collect to today.

I still even know the guy’s name “Koen Hübner” and I often wondered if he would have been on the internet to at that time and if he still collects or has his collection. Maybe some long time collectors can tell me if he was ever around...

(What happened to the box I received.… well they came back to collects afterwards, so I only had those figures/vehicles for a week, before I had to give them back again, none the less the SW fire was burning inside and could not been taken away with the box).
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:49 am

The moment that comes to mind for me is when I got my childhood figures out of storage at my parents house back in 2005. They had been safely tucked away in a closet and been sitting there for many, many years. I was very happy founding them in the great condition they're in. Most of the 71 figures are in mint condition. I guess there are 4-5 figures that have some wear, but the rest is in excellent condition. All of them also have their weapons and accessories.

When I counted the figures and looked at them I thought that were some missing. I had a firm memory that I had Lando General, Luke Jedi and Chewbacca and they were not among the figures. So I started looking for them and found them in the cargo hold of the Millenium Falcon. So this was really the re-discovery of the Star Wars Vintage action figures and the start of me collecting again. Very Happy

Last edited by Yzerman on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:19 pm

That was an awesome little story, Dennis. Shame they came back for the box lol!

I wish I had all of my toys from my childhood. My mother shipped them off to my younger cousins. I since tried to get them back or at least see if they are still about even. My aunty denied even ever having them. I remember seeing them when I was about 18 (granted 16 years ago now). We had went over that way to bury my grandad out on the station where they were living. And they were definately there then. Biatch Razz

Thanks for sharing a moment with us all. Cool

Who's next? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:18 am

glad to made your day josh:)
you are very welcome. these are beautiful and unbelievably rare- glad they webt to a good home. my carded jen is still with me until someone teases me with a polish moc fett or a ude zellock or vlix Smile

my moment... hmm, maybe when i had a blue snag in my hands for the first time 20 years ago- remember that we didnt have these in germany and the internet wasnt that big so it was very special, at that time there were not more than a dozen figures in the entire country. best, mike

Josh wrote:
If you could pick a moment in time in regards to the hobby...what would be one of the highlights for you?

Mine would be getting the Dark Crystal proto's off Michael...finally. He was so very generous with the payment plan we had arranged and even let it stretch out longer. I honestly never thought I would get a shot at them in the first place, but he came through and now they rest here with me. I honestly feel pretty lucky to own them, so too me it's a pretty big deal.

Anyone else want to play? I am sure we will get some good replies here. We need to get a bit of a good vibe running, so let's make it happen people.
Stand up and be counted or lay down and be mounted I always say lol!
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 am

I think two moments will always be special for me..

1. Attending Celebration III and landing these beauties. Also, putting a face to several names I have talked to for years.

2. Landing my first first shot in 2007, then landing this one in early 2008.

Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 7:49 pm

Bluestars wrote:
glad to made your day josh:)
you are very welcome. these are beautiful and unbelievably rare- glad they webt to a good home. my carded jen is still with me until someone teases me with a polish moc fett or a ude zellock or vlix Smile

my moment... hmm, maybe when i had a blue snag in my hands for the first time 20 years ago- remember that we didnt have these in germany and the internet wasnt that big so it was very special, at that time there were not more than a dozen figures in the entire country. best, mike

Josh wrote:
If you could pick a moment in time in regards to the hobby...what would be one of the highlights for you?

Mine would be getting the Dark Crystal proto's off Michael...finally. He was so very generous with the payment plan we had arranged and even let it stretch out longer. I honestly never thought I would get a shot at them in the first place, but he came through and now they rest here with me. I honestly feel pretty lucky to own them, so too me it's a pretty big deal.

Anyone else want to play? I am sure we will get some good replies here. We need to get a bit of a good vibe running, so let's make it happen people.
Stand up and be counted or lay down and be mounted I always say lol!

Did mate. It did. Cool

Here's another moment from me.

I got a random PM on RS once, from a member I really hadn't had a lot to do with...so this was all kind of unexpected to begin with.
Anyway, it turns out he had found a carded Dengar out in the wild at his local comic shop, which appeared to be different that what he was familiar with. He had noticed the chest armour hadn't been painted on, and he thought that was rather odd so he got in touch with me. He didn't get a pic of it the first time round but after discussing it he said he would be happy to go back and get one next time he was going by the place. I said that would be ace, of course, and waited for it to come. Well when it did, it was of this guy.
A moment! - Page 2 001-710
So, obviously I am excited by this stage lol! So I arrange for the him when he was going by next to pick it up for me. Which he did within a week or so. He got it and shipped it too me all without a fuss. He didn't even want anything in return, something I would not have a shot of. What a Face
What impressed me about this fellow the most, was he didn't try and jag me on the price when he easily could of. I know I would of went double what I paid to obtain it. Probably triple. affraid
Needless to say I am not complaining at all, and as such this ranks up as one of the highlights for me in the hobby. Cool

Back to top Go down
Sandcrawler72
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Sandcrawler72

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 3:19 am

Nice moment Josh.... even though, it's a second rate figure like Dengar Wink

It's always nice to hear about collectors/dealers out there that will not stick it to you just because they know your unquestionable desire to obtain that item.

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:07 am

Sandcrawler72 wrote:
Nice moment Josh.... even though, it's a second rate figure like Dengar Wink

A moment! - Page 2 Clint-eastwood-o
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:59 am

A moment! - Page 2 3rd-grade
Razz
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:28 pm

:bump:

Must be a few more moments people want to share.
What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A moment! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moment!   A moment! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A moment!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next