The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Speeder Bike

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Is £45 delivered worth it for a ROTJ speeder bike mint in a sealed box? It is perfect in ever way?
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:35 pm

its not bad if the item box is really mint and the tape is sealed Andy there the factors pushing the price up Smile
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Yes it is defo mint. Hope its not a repro box Shocked .Its off a repritable seller off ebay with 100% feedback and hundreds if not thousands of feedbacks so I guess its genuine.

What do you think go for it or not?
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:39 pm

Offer £40 delivered Smile (or less its not like theyre rare yet - u know haggle him like you do me Wink )

Last edited by The Admiral on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Ronniebiggs wrote:
Yes it is defo mint. Hope its not a repro box Shocked .Its off a repritable seller off ebay with 100% feedback and hundreds if not thousands of feedbacks so I guess its genuine.

What do you think go for it or not?

I would if i had the cash spare not bad for a minty mint example that is sealed.

I want to get one unsealed with a mint box purely because i wanna play with the dam thing i had one as a kid and loved it never got round to picking one up as an adult yet but its on my lists (with thousands of other things lol)
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 2:49 pm

That does seem about right for one in a perfect case fresh box.

If you don't mind a little shelf wear, I just posted one for sale in the classifieds. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:29 pm

we'll let's start with wich box , because that does matter

but again , for a mint sealed box , that's a good price , specialy f it's a rare box , if so wanne trated something for it, lol
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm

The Admiral wrote:
Offer £40 delivered Smile (or less its not like theyre rare yet - u know haggle him like you do me Wink )
lol!
That price was me bending his arm behind his back Laughing He has dropped alot already.

I offered £40 and he came back with £45. I may stick at him and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:38 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
we'll let's start with wich box , because that does matter

but again , for a mint sealed box , that's a good price , specialy f it's a rare box , if so wanne trated something for it, lol
I might take you up on that. I will let you know if I get it.

Jay I agree. I to would really prefer it open so I can play with it. Its almost pointless owning it sealed as you will never see the fine example.

I will have a go I think and let you know.

Andy
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 4:49 pm

Have a look and see what you think. I got it for £40 in the end.
LINK
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:46 am

Very nice Ronnie,great price too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:51 am

Ahar Wink
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks everyone!

The funny thing is when I first noticed it I made an offer of £55 which he turned down Laughing

TBH im glad he accepted the £40 though as I dont have much money spare again this month so the cheaper the better.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:40 am

Great Score for a great price Andy!!

I will get one someday lol
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Great Score for a great price Andy!!

I will get one someday lol
Wonder if I should get it graded? I can never open it so I dont see why not. What do you think? I think it would be about an 80-85?
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:00 am

dont they open it when you grade it to see if everything is theire

i wouldent do that , just get a case yourself

that's what iam gonna do anyway
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 am

If its sealed Jimmy its graded as sealed, the condition and the grade are only reflections of the outside box and condition of the seal, if its opened its graded under something called the "Qualified" scale, which means it was inspected for correct contents and original inserts etc
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 am

Joe_O wrote:
If its sealed Jimmy its graded as sealed, the condition and the grade are only reflections of the outside box and condition of the seal, if its opened its graded under something called the "Qualified" scale, which means it was inspected for correct contents and original inserts etc
How do they rate the quality of the seal? one side of mine looks perfect. the other looks like its been picked at but then left.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:34 am

Ronniebiggs wrote:
Joe_O wrote:
How do they rate the quality of the seal? one side of mine looks perfect. the other looks like its been picked at but then left.

Im not the best person to ask about that Andy one of the lads into AFA may be able to answer your question better.

Do you have any pictures of these tape seals?
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:36 am

You can see them from the link I posted on the first page. I will check to see which pages now.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 am

Page 3 and 5 show each seal.
Should I try and remove the price tag? or leave it?

Last edited by Ronniebiggs on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 am

ohh didnt know that , thankls joe, and btw , good to see ya posting again buddy

was starting to miss you around here
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Just receieved all my packages today. One of which was the speeder bike. It is a fantastic box. Not one crease and it looks the same as the day it was made.BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a knife cut the length of the side of the box and another running off from it half the length of the box on the opposite side to the price tag (See pics and you will notie now I said.) I never saw it on the pics and the description on ebay didnt say either.
CLICK ME

What to do is the question?
Im happy with it except that. I cant get it graded with it as it would come back rubbish. Im sure the person knew this and that is why he was selling it.

It cathes my eye every time I look now.

Any suggestions but bear in mind that the guy was very kind and lowered the price substantially from his original price and he was very nice to deal with.

Andy :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion: :explosion:
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:50 pm

How much did you get off the price andy because in my opinion it was priced about 30 pounds too high for a mint sealed one. Let alone for one with a rough price sticker and apparently damaged to boot. I'd send it back for a refund mate if I were you and wait for another. They pop up all the time.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm

By the way, if the seller's nice he'll understand and let you send it back. When I look at the description he does seem a bit dodgy though. First warning the buyer to look at the pics carefully and then saying that looking at the pictures you should keep in mind that reality is better than pictures most of the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Speeder Bike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Speeder Bike   Speeder Bike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speeder Bike

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next