The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 3:19 am

ahh so there could be a PBP Vader exclusive after all? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:53 am

chris.75 wrote:
ahh so there could be a PBP Vader exclusive after all? :scratch:

Who knows, sofar the few known examples have only been found in Spain, I belief.

Maybe the molds corresponding to this COO were used only very briefly, to produce figures which were exclusive for the Spanish market .

Thereafter the COO was scarred out to produce the COO#8 Vader, which appeared on PBP cards, Palitoy cards, and in Clipper mail aways. unsure
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:11 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

How did you acquire this Vader? From a Spanish lot/seller?
He came straight from Spain in a childhood lot.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:18 am

flycasual wrote:
Dr Dengar wrote:

How did you acquire this Vader? From a Spanish lot/seller?
He came straight from Spain in a childhood lot.

Good catch! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:56 am

well done, guys cheers

here you are another example from Spain.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 Varias103
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 Varias106
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 Varias105

Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasycollectables.es
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:19 pm

I love the pace in this thread right now, keep it going!! Very Happy

Nice Darth Vader, Ricardo!

So we have three of these bobbled out COOs now in this thread, all from Spain...

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:41 am

Hey Ricardo,

Sorry for these late pics but here is my Spanish MIHK Lando with brown neck. It seems near identical to your Poch Lando imo: The very dark brown hands, scar on the butt, brown "Poch" spots on the right arm, the darker brown paint on the neck compared tp the brown facial paint, etc. The heads don't match 100 % imo though.. Or do they? What do you think..? Same variant?

Here are the pics: Very Happy

Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:30 am

Kenneth_B wrote:
Hey Ricardo,

Sorry for these late pics but here is my Spanish MIHK Lando with brown neck. It seems near identical to your Poch Lando imo: The very dark brown hands, scar on the butt, brown "Poch" spots on the right arm, the darker brown paint on the neck compared tp the brown facial paint, etc. The heads don't match 100 % imo though.. Or do they? What do you think..? Same variant?

Here are the pics: Very Happy

Hi Kenneth,

I totaly agree with you. Everything match except the head. Yours looks more clear. It seems we have here another kind of plastic for heads.
Nice sample yours. CONGRATULATIONS

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:52 am

Thanks for the reply Ricardo! Very Happy Yeah the heads on our two Poch Lando's with brown neck are definately different imo too.

My "blurred out" no coo PBP Vader sample:

Next up from me will be a very unknown/unconfirmed Poch variant - the joined vizor Snowtrooper.. Wink

Have a nice weekend guys!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:20 am

Hey Kenneth,

Thanks for posting pics of your brown neck Lando and 'blobbed out" COO Vader. Very Happy

Do you remember from where you got your Vader?

Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:34 am

Got it from the country, which won the Euro 2012 beating Italy 4-0 in the final! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 3:12 am

Kenneth_B wrote:
Got it from the country, which won the Euro 2012 beating Italy 4-0 in the final! Wink

Was that the same country beating The Netherlands in the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final by any chance? Very Happy

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 Zach-galifianakis-crying
Back to top Go down
Kenneth_B
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kenneth_B

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:35 am

LOL! Very Happy Yeah always that country.. Wink I have given up counting how many times, that they have beaten Denmark in Euro or World Cup related tournaments. Sad
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:15 am

Hey guys,

leave us to give some fun :clap: :clap: we need to forget our europe record of unemployment rate doh doh doh

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:53 am

ackbar100 wrote:
Hey guys,

leave us to give some fun :clap: :clap: we need to forget our europe record of unemployment rate doh doh doh

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Agree, let's forget about the current problems and grant our Spanish friends some fun.... Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm6fpaR5190&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
ackbar100
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:03 am

Mucha appreciated

bow bow bow bow bow bow Dr Dengar
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 9:32 am

just going back to the vader coo's again for a second, sorry i'm a bit obsessed with vader coo's Very Happy .I was looking at Wolff's coo guide, and although Its hard to tell due to the pic being a bit dark and grainy. It looks to me like That blobbed out coo in flycasual's and ricardo's pics is coo 9 on wolffs guide. I originally thought that coo 9 was the same mould family as coo#8 (H with the partial scar). And that coo#9 is a full scar with no H present. Actually on Wolff's guide it looks to be blobbed out and its hard to tell if there is a H present or not. I purchased this Vader recently with what i thought was a coo#9.

[img]THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 Vadercoo9_zps093a9e16[/img]

But now i've got this figure in hand, it's clear that its a different coo again This figure has all the PBP characteristics, Roguse cape, loose limbs and slightly wonky head and smaller paint apps to the buckle. Although from the same mould family as coos #8 and #9 it looks different again and i can't find a match to any of the coo's on Wolffs guide. I found this thread in the reference library originally posted by Scott 'Snaggletooth'.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t223-darth-vader-figure-variants-thread

'Here's 2 scar coo variants, anyone got any ideas?'
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 8012
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 8010-1
Figure on the right is the H scar coo, PBP Tri-Logo.
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 8013
THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 8014
end of post.

So I believe mine to be the one on the left. I also found this coo in the same thread posted by Jay with what looks like a coo#9, possibly a coo#11. So now i don't know what to think :scratch:

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 V3PIC1THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 V3PIC2[img][/img]

Scott also mentions in this thread that there are five possible Clipper mailer variants (or is that including variations of the baggie itself?). Could the blobbed out coo#8 be a sixth variant? And what the hell is mine, is it one of the known five? Just how many PBP coo's are there? If anyone can shed some light on any of this it would be really great, cheers.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 2:51 pm

For what it's worth, a couple of my Vader's which match your two Chris, scar and scar with 'H', significantly though, these were both sourced from childhood collections within the U.K. 'H' one 100%, scar one 95% certain.

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 Darth_10

They both have wobbly heads and such, and as far as I'm aware they both come with there original sabers, same as before 'H' one 100% (because it's my childhood one Very Happy ) other one, again 95% it's almost neon red with a 'Z' on the hilt.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Thanks for the pics Alex that one on the left is interesting, the coo looks completely smooth where mine has a gouge where the coo should be. the one on the right is the H scarred coo#8 found on PBP 65-backs, Palitoy 65-backs, and Clipper mail aways, so should be found in the UK. but i'm assuming that if my new figure was produced by PBP it too was available on these cardbacks and tri-logo 70's. Your Vader on the left looks to be of the same mould family as well with the large copyright symbol and spacing of the G.M.F.G.I 1977. so perhaps it is a coo#9 produced by PBP and also found on these cardbacks? I really don't know, i thought that PBP produced just the two coo's #8 & #9. Now i don't have a clue?!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Quote :
Thanks for the pics Alex that one on the left is interesting, the coo looks completely smooth where mine has a gouge where the coo should be.

Chris, for some reason it looks smooth, but it does have the gouge the same as yours exactly, it's just a bad picture, I'll try and take a clearer on tomoroow and post it up, but trust me it's te same.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Thanks Alex, so its the same coo. Do you know if your DV came with a roguse cape as well? I can see that your coo#8 has one, and the cape on the left looks a bit like the inside texture of a roguse cape.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 5:45 pm

chris.75 wrote:
Thanks Alex, so its the same coo. Do you know if your DV came with a roguse cape as well? I can see that your coo#8 has one, and the cape on the left looks a bit like the inside texture of a roguse cape.

Yes Chris, they both have the roguse cape as well.
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Some one will correct me if im wrong, but i have always classed the 2 you refer to as PBP/Clipper
H scar or PBP/Clipper Deep scar. Either of the 2 may have the textured cape or the smooth cape.
But they should come with the round tip lightsaber only, with a deeper/rich colour than regular round tip sabers. If yours has a lettered saber, i would say it was switched at some point.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:31 am

Thanks Oscar, yeah i was thinking about that last night. The lettered flat tip transition sabers were produced much earlier so wouldn't have come with the later 65 and tri logo backs. Mine didn't come with a saber but i had a round tip transition saber already form a spare coo#8 DV.
So you think that its a coo#9 'deep scar'. Perhaps if PBP had two moulds (as is Wolff's theory that moulds travelled in pairs) maybe the earlier produced figures had blobbed out scars. Then at some point perhaps due to short shots/factory errors they changed the moulds to a more deep cut coo? That would then give us four PBP variants and with the Poch that would make five Spanish variants?
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:16 am

Chris you are right that it is a little difficult to see on Wolf's guide what CoO#8, and CoO#9 really are. I would agree with you that CoO#8 on Wolf's guide looks more like the "Blobbed CoO" that has been shown by a few other members previouslly, and it seems that the "Blobbed CoO" are all coming out of Spain.
Using the Generals great photo bellow,
the figure on the left would be the "Deep scar" or "Full scar" either would be correct IMO.
the figure on the right would be the "H scar"
Commonlly refered to as found on..................... PBP / CLIPPER mailer / PALITOY
I would say that these 2 would be the matching pair of molds.
But i would'nt label either of them as PBP only.

https://servimg.com/view/16379525/414

Last edited by M4K3R1 on Mon May 13, 2013 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE   THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE - Page 20 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE POCH/PBP GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD - PART ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next