The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Cape Bib Fortuna?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:17 am

Though this auction seems dodgy, we like to stick to our principle not to out live auctions.

You can read it here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t810-is-it-real-outing-a-live-auction-is-not-permitted?highlight=live+auctions

To warn our members, I replaced the link to the auction by pictures. In addition this thread will be moved to the Watch Out Section.

Cheers

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Marky1973
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:58 am

hi guys got a reply from him I quote

"I think i will remove him and put another in their place as it is causing so much discussion? I would not sell these if i knew there were originals although they do look good! I have already said Bobba fett is most likley a factory fault and had fallen out, Didnt no squid face was a problem as they do come in different shades. I will have a good a look at them once get home! Cheers Jeff"

mmmmmmmmmm DODGY for sure big time!
Back to top Go down
Marky1973
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:12 pm

update guys, he sent me some pics of the black bib here they are

Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 Starwarssellingjune12021

Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 Starwarssellingjune12018

Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 Starwarssellingjune12024

Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 Starwarssellingjune12023

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 Starwarssellingjune12021
that to me is a "made in taiwan" Bib with the 'made in taiwan' sanded off.
Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 Bib_fo17
the 'LFL 1983' matches up to #6 & the sanding marks line up perfectly with where 'made in taiwan' once was.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 5:08 am

and there are no protos with sanded of country. This is for sure a fake and a bad one too!

Cape seems also handcut to the bottom. Its now shorter and maybe should look like Ledy??

I dont know what someone was trying to do here:

Proto: Has no marks at all or full coo
LL: Has MIHK coo
Back to top Go down
Marky1973
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 1:50 am

As i said before this guy has bought several ledys off me before so thought he was ok, but his answer on the auction to someone who asked him a legit question is full of holes and is contradictory, he Quotes.

A: Send me your email and i will forward any of you some photos, Bib Fortuna has had loads of questions regarding his black coat? It defo not a lili ledy jobby but its does not appear to be dyed either as stichin is a gold colour? The only markings are on his left leg read: @L.F.L.1983.If this is a standard one this should be enough info for a starwars collector to go on as my friend has no answer to its colour variant, Yak face,Blue snaggs and Squid face are Genuine all MADE IN HONG KONG. Sqiud face's cape is slightly darker brown. Darth vader has a II on his hilt and also MIHK.Bobba Fett is a TAWIAN Varaint and im sure his rocket has come a driff due to a lack of glue. Not pulled out as there is no damage to top of rocket!"

WTF seriously

this guy has lost the plot lol
Back to top Go down
Marky1973
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:35 am

he's listen to sense and pulled the auction, he could have just mentioned about the bib, fett and squid were fake capes and rocket pulled, and carried on the auction as the other items look ok, oh well told me he may relist without those 3 figures.

so thats the end of that lol

at least he can't sell them now as genuine.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 5:06 pm

(Edit: my cache didn't update for some reason. The last message I saw was wolfs telling that it's sanded.)

Yeah it's for sure tempered with, no doubt about it, it's clearly visible on the picture.
Maybe the coloring on the cape didn't come out as well at the bottom and it was cut?

I can understand customizing the cape, but I don't understand the removed coo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
HWR
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:31 am

Definitely not a pre-production figure or rare variation, just an attempt of scamming with a dyed cape and a poorly removed coo. I have never heard of a black cape Bib Fortuna before, as Wolff said, the prototype colors are white and red and the production colors are the ones already mentioned.

There was a blue cape bib Fortuna and also a blue cape Squid Head on sale at eBay some years ago, both of cause custom made, but non the less quite cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Cape Bib Fortuna?   Black Cape Bib Fortuna? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Cape Bib Fortuna?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2