The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed Empty
PostSubject: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:10 pm

thought I would share some info.
German Star Wars Magazin held an interview with the former publisher of the german Yps magazin.

Info on yps 510 with Hoth Trooper:

510,000 books were sold with figures (all other issues were produced 400,000 times)
it was sold on 30th of juli 1985
Parker decided which figure, not yps
Parker gave the figures to yps "for free" and got advertisement rights in yps in return
The gi- joe guns were added by Parker most likely cause it was cheap overstock

and no, not even the publisher saved a sealed one:( If someone has it and wanrs to share, I would pay 350-500usd.

Best, Mike
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Wow Mike, that's great info. I was just looking at the MF knockoff you've got also. Very interesting stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Christian
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Christian

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:03 am

Michael Vogt wrote:

and no, not even the publisher saved a sealed one:( If someone has it and wanrs to share, I would pay 350-500usd.

Best, Mike

Thanks a lot for the information Mike. In comparison to other lines I suspect that 500k pieces is actually quite a low run for a specific vintage SW figure even at the end of the line in 1985.

Regarding a sealed example - wasn't there a German seller recently on these boards who had 2-3 examples? IIRC I think he was asking in the region of €1k for the nicest one. Happy with my loose figure and comic!

Cheers,
Christian
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:11 am

'YPS-collector' has not posted on TIG. He did on SWFUK : http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10610&hilit=YPS

My German is worse than my English Razz so I don't know what's been said on the German forum.
Back to top Go down
Christian
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Christian

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:14 am

aussiejames wrote:
'YPS-collector' has not posted on TIG. He did on SWFUK : http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10610&hilit=YPS

My German is worse than my English Razz so I don't know what's been said on the German forum.

Ahhhhh memory is fickle thing when called apon after an evening with mother nature's finest herbal medicine...

Thanks Aussie Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwacrylic.co.uk
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:45 pm

I think theser were fakes. In 20 years of collecting I havent seen a single authentic one yet :-(

Christian wrote:
Michael Vogt wrote:

Best, Mike

Thanks a lot for the information Mike. In comparison to other lines I suspect that 500k pieces is actually quite a low run for a specific vintage SW figure even at the end of the line in 1985.

Regarding a sealed example - wasn't there a German seller recently on these boards who had 2-3 examples? IIRC I think he was asking in the region of €1k for the nicest one. Happy with my loose figure and comic!

Cheers,
Christian
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Thanks very Interesting! Thanks for posting Mike Cool
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:55 pm

aussiejames wrote:

I agree with Micheal and Mirco. The Snowtroopers on these at least two of them look just wrong! Mirco found out the connection to custom made KDM sets and italian 4-packs......though......better stay away from these!!!! I pointed Joe to the german thread to make sure everybody is warned Wink

Anyway......I personally think Yps is the reason why I had about 25 Snowtroopers as a child......you could find them on every fleamarket....damaged...played with.....buit who cares...I had a f+++ing army!!!!...hehehehe
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Very iteresting info Michael !! Thanks for sharing!! this item is one of my fav!!!I love the "Pop art" style desing on the magazine
Cheers!! cheers
Javi
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Great information Michael thanks!! +1 added!

The YPS comic itself is interesting to me as a collector of the French comic PIF Gadget because the German YPS is a descendent of PIF Gadget. You can see the same style and the two main characters represented on the covers. I don't know what the dog and the cat were called in German (I'm guessing the dog was actually YPS?) but in French they were PIF the dog and Hercule the cat, in English Spif the dog and Hercules. I believe in Scandinavian countries there was another descendent comic called Jippo.

French PIF Gadget comic never gave away a cool figure, but did have many Star Wars features and offers, and included posters and stickers in their issues - some exceptionally rare now.

Meccano (like Parker with YPS) also had a deal with the publishers to show their advertisements and run special offers.

Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed Yps110Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed Pif_7110Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed Pif_5910

More about PIF Gadget and Star Wars here:
PIG Gadget Star Wars
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:10 pm

thanks for the info! the dog is called pif as well. there is a green kangoroo with cross-hatch pattern called yps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed   Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Production numbers of Yps Trooper/comic revealed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1