The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: In case anyone is wondering...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:45 am

http://web.archive.org/web/20091126172421/http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:25 pm

I like the place, I really do. I am just not toning it down anymore than I do already. I don't find a laughing chimp gif worthy of a warning, nor me wishing for a double jointed super model who owns her own brewery, let alone a picture of a few unused frangers.
It has to be a little bit fun otherwise we are just a pack of nerds talking about our toys. I mean why so serious? :scratch:

Someone just needs to send this to Mr Wise
OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 HumorSense
Back to top Go down
KevinA
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
KevinA

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Am I the only one that had to google franger?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:41 pm

KevinA wrote:
Am I the only one that had to google franger?

Typical thing a franger would say Wink

I had to google it too LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 pm

doh

Sorry, Condoms for the uninitiated. lol!
Back to top Go down
phidias_b
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah, sorry about that Josh. I know you posted that laughing monkey pic in response to my cheetos comment. My intention was just that; a funny joke that I hoped people would get a kick out of. I was really surprised my post got removed and I received a warning. I was told my comment didn't have anything to do the OP's question about selling a modern collection. But that was the point, I was just trying to be funny.

I understand and respect what they're trying to do at RS. It's their prerogative if they want to keep the forums G-rated and minimize name-calling. But I also find it ironic that Yglesias and Tishimingo were able to iron out their differences here on TIG with no warnings, bannings, or post removals. It just goes to show you that adults can usually work things out among themselves if you let them.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:07 pm

phidias, your exactly right. Once the people involved calm down 9 out of 10 times, they both apologize and things carry on business as usual. A warning goes a long way to help come to that conclusion. But a sudden banning without a clue as to why is a good way to disenchant members. But after all that went down and the mods spoke up on it over there, did everybody notice how many modern questions was posted in the vintage section? Lat I counted was 3 in a week. Couldve been more, but I hardly go over there anymore excpt when I know a good thread is going. Plus I hate to have to log in every time just to post anything.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Josh wrote:
It has to be a little bit fun otherwise we are just a pack of nerds talking about our toys. I mean why so serious? :scratch:

This has always been one of my points. We collect TOYS. It can't be all that serious. I think it's one of the reasons I've taken a big step back from the hobby in the last year and concentrated more on comics lately. I'm more "off the radar" and not surrounded by all the extra drama and crap that seems to go along with SW collecting.
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Josh wrote:

This has always been one of my points. We collect TOYS. It can't be all that serious. I think it's one of the reasons I've taken a big step back from the hobby in the last year and concentrated more on comics lately. I'm more "off the radar" and not surrounded by all the extra drama and crap that seems to go along with SW collecting.

Agreed.

Collecting SW is a pleasant retreat for me, the day it turns opposite is the day I sell. Outside of my place of employment and under the advisement of a lawyer, I wouldn't ever entertain the idea of another adult dictating my actions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: In case anyone is wondering...   OT: In case anyone is wondering... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: In case anyone is wondering...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2