The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prometheus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:28 pm

I have just been to the movie theatre and seen the best movie of the year. Without a doubt. It's really, really good and you get some questions answered and you also left with some unanswered questions. I'm really thrilled after seeing this movie leaving me with a feeling that good movies are still being made. So I strongly recommend that you go see this one. It's great. You will not be disappointed. Cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 pm

Good to hear some feedback on this one. I think I'll have to make the trip to the theatre to see it.

Oh. After that glowing report. If it sucks. I'm holding it against you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Good to hear some more positive feedback.
I've been reading up on another forum..spoiling myself I might add :silent: ... and it's been a mixed review from diehard fans.
Going to see it on Sunday with the lady.
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:18 am

I'm standing by my recommendation. I will buy it on Blu-ray as soon as it hits the stores. I'm not a die hard Alien-fan. I have only time to be a die hard Star Wars-fan Wink With that in mind I'm sure you can find some flaws in Prometheus like in any other movie. That didn't stop me from thinking that it's a great movie. It starts out like a movie quite different from the Alien-movies, but the longer the movie goes on the more Alien-feeling you get. It's a story-based and charachter-driven movie. It's not so much a action movie. It's more like Alien than Aliens if you get what I'm saying. Great movie! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:42 pm

I agree its a Great Watch well scripted with a good story line 8/10 for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Looks like I will be getting to see it today. Babysitter has been confirmed cheers
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:01 am

One more teaser for those who haven't seen the movie yet.

Full theatrical trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQgnnsqysZE&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Last edited by Yzerman on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:04 am

doh
Back to top Go down
silver grin
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 am

I thought it was good but not brilliant.

Anyone else read Ridley's interview about an idea he didn't film but came close to? Don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet but it involves an event about 1979 years ago!
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:43 am

I actually enjoyed the movie so much I will be going to see it again at the theaters. I feel that I need to see it again so I didn't miss anything.

BTW: Do you have a link to the interview with Ridley?
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:11 am

I didn't think it was anything special myself. I thought the ending was terrible. Some pretty piss poor character development going on, not to mention really sloppy editing. Hopefully a lot of that get's fixed in a directors cut.
Michael Fassbender does a good job though. Didn't think Rapace was anything to write home about, and Theron's character was pretty pointless in the end and had some really terrible lines, which was a shame.
Overall, it was bit of a let down. Would still kick an AVP movie out of the ballpark I guess.
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:23 am

Yes, there are some flaws in it. Absolutely. However, I believe I can oversee those shortcomings. After reading some comments on the Internet, there are some people who are not happy with the movie and think it was a disappointment. I still think it's the best movie of the year and will go see again. I agree with Michael Fassbinder doing a good job with his part as the android David. Not just good, but a really great job. It also kicks the crap out of Alien 3 and Alien 4. Alien 3 is a really crappy movie not to mention the AvP shit.
Back to top Go down
silver grin
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:15 pm

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/prometheus-second-look-digging-deep-into-spoilers-and-questions

scroll down to the 4th question and it mentions it there - can't find the direct link to Ridley unfortunately

Makes you think about things a lot more!

PS. massive spoiler alerts in that link so don't click on it if you haven't seen the film yet and want to Wink
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:38 pm

silver grin wrote:
http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/prometheus-second-look-digging-deep-into-spoilers-and-questions

scroll down to the 4th question and it mentions it there - can't find the direct link to Ridley unfortunately

Makes you think about things a lot more!

PS. massive spoiler alerts in that link so don't click on it if you haven't seen the film yet and want to Wink

Thanks. Great read. When reading about it, I can agree with a lot of the criticism. Lots of unexplained and strange behaivour from the characters. While I enjoyed the movie a great deal I can see the points that many people have.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:23 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/summer-movie-franchise-avengers-snow-white-magic-mike-356583
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:17 am

I for one is really excited about a sequel to Prometheus. The end was also really set up for the story to continue.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Me too mate. Is there one in the pipeline Cool
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 2:38 am

I thought it was a great movie. It was missing a lot a points, non answered questions and it seemed rushed. The development of the facehugger and the alien was a little less than desired but was still cool in its own right. Plus I think Noomi Rapace is gorgeous. She was awesome in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series.

Now don't burn me at the stake but I had heard that Prometheus is gonna be part of a trilogy. I have nothing to back it up.

Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Prometheus Necaprometheus1
Prometheus Necaprometheus2
Prometheus Necaprometheus3
Prometheus Necaprometheus4
Prometheus Necaprometheus5
Prometheus Necaprometheus6
Prometheus Necaprometheus7

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=44856.0

Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Hmmm, liking the Engineer "space suit", the others not so much...
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:16 pm

LOL @ the Deacon....that's what they are calling the creature that comes out of the Engineer. Looks worse than the movie. Shocked
How do you pull that shit off? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prometheus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Off Topic
-