The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon Empty
PostSubject: OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon   OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:03 pm

Going to be on display at the city library for June. I'm donating all my vehicles to the library with their assurance they will be taken well care of. The ceilings are 20 feet high and they will be held up with high strength fishing cord. I know, a little scary, but the guy I'm donating these to I trust completely... he's a massive fan as well.

Anyway, I'll post pics when the display(s) are up! Going to be neat seeing the Falcon up 20 feet in the air running (or chasing) Slave 1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfaaf.net
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon   OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:43 pm

How cool! Can't wait for the photos. Are the people at the Library organising the display (& hanging them for that matter)?
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon   OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:25 pm

Yes, my friend runs the Chickasaw Library here in Tish (we call it Tish). He will be doing the hanging of the ships. The other things like the AT-AT or Chicken Walkers will be behind the front desk so people can't get close to them.

There is another, larger, Chickasaw Library in Ardmore (OK) and they apparently already have theirs out, but out for people to touch! (NO WAY!!!). Michael (my friend) said they have the Hoth battle, the battle of Endor and several ships just out in the middle of the library for anyone to see and handle.

Mine will be put out of harms way (unless there is a break-in at the library!).

Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon   OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:02 am

It will be interesting to see some pics of it. What's the reason for the display? Some special occasion?
Back to top Go down
TishomingoSith
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
TishomingoSith

PostSubject: Re: OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon   OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:43 am

I guess they are doing a "Star Wars" month with the Chickasaw Tribe Library system? I'll ask tomorrow when I drop off my ships.
Back to top Go down
Bramistuta25
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon   OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 5:03 am

Thats a pretty cool idea, get the youngsters looking for vintage stuff too!!

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon   OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Sounds awesome. Wish there was something similar in my local library Its boring! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon   OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - Pretty cool thing... my vintage SW ships on display at local library soon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1