The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Mexican bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Thats a very cool Stormtrooper you got there. Even if it was made in 90's, that is when a lot of Mexican bootlegs came out. I love how they put it in a giant baggie with header card like the 3 3/4" figures, good thing they didn't make a three-pack, lol. I'm honestly not sure of a value though, I've never really paid attention to what they are selling for or how often they come up on the market. I primarily collect the small figures. Joe might be able to chime in and help, I think he has one or two.
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:36 pm

sydling wrote:
Hi guys! Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section/thread but I thought this should be the best place to ask. Smile I got this plastic BIG Stormtrooper that supposedly is from Mexico. It's listed on the "Archive" here:
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=51164

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 Stormtrooper-bootleg-comparison

My question is what a reasonable value on this could be? Contemplating if selling or not. Smile

Thanks for you input!

Cheers,
Johan

Wonder if this is where Gentle Giant got the idea to do the new Kenner line?
Looks kinda cool too. Smile
Back to top Go down
sydling
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
sydling

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 pm

Exactly, it's like the Gentle Giants! Kind of... Very Happy

Yeah, it's really cool, not the best quality but odd. Thanks for your replies!
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:00 am

As Steven already mentioned it's a 90s piece. There are vintage made examples of this out there, but they're a bit harder to come by. The one you have, has sold for anywhere between $20 and $40. I haven't seen one on the market in a while, so you may get a bit more for it.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
sydling
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
sydling

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:16 am

Ok, thanks for the info! Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:30 am

Question on 2 supposedly Mexican bootlegs..

I bought the lot since C3PO was looking genuine, but would like to have some more information and confirmation before they go on display.

Can someone confirm the originality of the 2? The silver paint looks specifically suspicious, the rest of the figure shows paint wear, except for the silver pieces.

Both are semi-articulated, only the arms can move and neither can stand on it's own.

thx for checking!

Fred

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 Mex_fr10

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 Mex_b10
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:58 am

they both look good to me fred Very Happy the tie pilot is a known colour variant so have no worries geek

daren
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:55 am

cheers

Thx again Darren..

Think I've found my weak spot.
I just love to see all the variations, en the 'waxie' feeling of the plastic.

Now to get me some stands which can hold these guys upright, any direction where i can buy these?
Think I've seen some with 2 'arms' to grab the figure by the waist.

Many thanks!
Fred
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Like Daren said, they are both good Fred. I have some extra other characters from this line really cheap if you are interested. Just send me a pm.
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 am

I just recently got this Mex/SA Vader that I thought was pretty sweet. I'm not sure where the card came from, it's cut like the type A poster cards but it has a plastic bubble instead of the typical baggie which is cool. Almost like they were trying to imulate the original vintage style cards. The Vader is also a variant I haven't ran across before, orange accent paint and silver on the belt. Just goes to show you never know what you'll find with this line of bootlegs. There is also a Stormtrooper with this same card that I'm trying to get, hopefully that pans out too. Very Happy

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 Picture002
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:36 am

that has awsome card art and a cool variant of vader Very Happy which stormy is it? i look forward to seeing pics of it when you get it geek

daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:40 am

Not sure, the white one? I'm only aware of one variant actually, care to shed some light? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:54 am

the white one lol!
i just ment is it a mex/sa or an unart one or even a potf2 mold.if it's a mex/sa then that rocks man :clap: he's not an easy one to find thinking

daren
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 10:00 am

OH, I gotcha! Yea, he's Mex/SA. lol!
Back to top Go down
Darth Jaxx
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Darth Jaxx

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:43 pm

rebojazz wrote:
I just recently got this Mex/SA Vader that I thought was pretty sweet. I'm not sure where the card came from, it's cut like the type A poster cards but it has a plastic bubble instead of the typical baggie which is cool. Almost like they were trying to imulate the original vintage style cards. The Vader is also a variant I haven't ran across before, orange accent paint and silver on the belt. Just goes to show you never know what you'll find with this line of bootlegs. There is also a Stormtrooper with this same card that I'm trying to get, hopefully that pans out too. Very Happy

That's a thing of beauty! Congrats! cheers
Back to top Go down
Tiefighterboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Tiefighterboy

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 pm

rebojazz wrote:
Like Daren said, they are both good Fred. I have some extra other characters from this line really cheap if you are interested. Just send me a pm.

If he does not take you up on that, I would be interested in what cheap mexican bootlegs you have. Very Happy PM me with what you have.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 pm

rebojazz wrote:

That thing is so sweet! Great card art and great looking figure. I'd be happy as a mutha f'er with that. Good score Steven!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 am

Thargoil wrote:

Now to get me some stands which can hold these guys upright, any direction where i can buy these?
Think I've seen some with 2 'arms' to grab the figure by the waist.

Many thanks!
Fred

http://www.collectingwarehouse.com/Product-Home-Page/Doll-Stands-by-Kaiser
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 am

GanjaFett wrote:
Steven, good post buddy. I agree that these are of a modern mold. Here's my set of them for color reference. All from the same seller, so my spidey sense is tingling. After buying several from him, he mentioned seeing 4 more at a mexican convention and soon after found a friend who bought them and re-sold them to me acting as a go-between because that guy didn't speak English. Either these truly are turning up at conventions or he is making them? I would hope he isn't manufacturing them because he's been a nice and helpful contact.

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 Modern10

Here's a couple that I've had that show the poor plastic and or mold that causes some of them to crack on the shoulder joint.

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 Mexi_f10

And I thought I remembered one of these selling in 2008 but after looking again, it was a vintage mold I was thinking of. I was matching the paint apps and not the mold. You can tell by the figure's left hand. The newer ones have a squared off hand. (If anyone has an older mold Fett like this or a static, please get in touch with the GanjaMan!)

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 433_in10

Like Steven said, they're cool but not worth what the money they've sold for. Has anyone bought any from someone other than Alberto?? That might help tracking down the source.

Another thing I noticed on these Fetts is that some of them are molded with the rocket and some without. Not so much with the black and red ones but some of the other colored ones. I have a few Fetts on the Mini-POTF2 cards that are like that, I don't have any detailed pics cause I'm out of town till the end of the month but I'll post a pic later on. I meant to post this earlier but forgot. The rest of the shitty details are the same as far as the molding goes, just no rocket in the backpack, weird.

Andy, check the back of yours for me and let me know what yours are (above). I think your purplish Fett might be one, mine is.
Back to top Go down
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Hey Steven

2 are rocketless (purple and gold) and 3 with rockets (red,black, and blue). Same mold and plastic.

Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:12 am

I got a few new Mexican goodies but one is deffinatley worth noting. After 5 years of searching I finally found a yellow AtAt Driver. I was told by two different sources that ones existed but wasn't till this one that I finally confirmed it!

The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 Picture007
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:38 am

Is that Biker Scout header card 'easily' found ?
Back to top Go down
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 am

I have a few of the Biker Scout header cards but they are the brownish/dark yellow background full version. This particular Biker Scout "green" background version, small or full size, is very hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:05 am

Early Another early Christmas present to yourself, AJ? lol!
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:20 am

Nice score Steven Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mexican bootleg thread.   The Mexican bootleg thread. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mexican bootleg thread.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next