The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sharp's Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BobbySharp
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
BobbySharp

Sharp's Collection  Empty
PostSubject: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 9:31 pm

Hey all. Many of you probably have seen my setup on RS but as I'm new here, I figured I'd contribute by posting some photos of my Star Wars room. I just got done with cleaning and straightening so the camera came out seeing as things are looking neat and tidy once again. Enjoy!

Sharp's Collection  IMG_2882
Sharp's Collection  IMG_2888
Sharp's Collection  IMG_2885
Sharp's Collection  IMG_2886
Sharp's Collection  IMG_2884
Sharp's Collection  IMG_2891
Sharp's Collection  IMG_2900
Sharp's Collection  IMG_2898
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:02 pm

WHOAH!!

Dude that's kickass! First off, the Wampa wallpaper on the Mac is hysterical ! I dont know where to begin. Love the POTF Yak/Anakin , the Fett Cell, the mailers, I could go on and on.

Great stuff and great to see you here.

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:01 pm

I believe I commented on this before on another site and think it is AWESOME! Beautiful room and I really think you did a great job my friend.
-Steve
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:14 am

Fantastic displays! I love the wallpaper and curtains you have up to compliment everything. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 3:53 am

Great collection and very well displayed.

Thanks for sharing , Bobby!

Curious, what are your current collection goals?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Darth Small
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Darth Small

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 4:22 am

Is that just an ornamental Chewbacca head or is it a mask?

Either way it's cool, I'd like one.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:21 am

I love collections like this with a bit of everything in it from Moc to boxed to oddball Cool

Are there any more boxed items on your wishlist? Like some foreign licenses for example?

The curtains are a great touch and I noticed the cool SW record tote on your desk too. Any nice records in that?

Thanks for sharing here +1 cheers
Back to top Go down
sith jawa
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sith jawa

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:37 am

Very nice collection. It is well displayed and very clean looking. The early bird set and ESB Droid Factory are my faves.. :clap:
Back to top Go down
http://madbrownz.blogspot.com
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:52 am

Awesome Bobby. Great collection, well organised. What are the coins in the cabinet?
Back to top Go down
BobbySharp
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
BobbySharp

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks for the feedback folks. I'll do a round of answers here.

- The Chewbacca head you see is one of the earlier Don Post masks. It was one of my earlier collecting acquisitions. My father starting asking people where he worked if they had an Star Wars stuff and a coworker of his had it lying around at home. I was 12 years old. I called him, made a deal, and rode my bike 15 miles to his house to get it. The start of many a wheeling-dealing toy trip....

-The coins in the cabinet are my Droids and Ewoks coins, plus the small Luke prototype coin. I'm still looking for a Fett Droids coin to complete that set.

-As far as current collecting goals so, I'm looking to get some work done on my Japanese '78 bottle cap set. I only have 2 right now. I'd also like to round out and polish a few other aspects of my collection: finish my set of unpainted Micros, snag the appropriate Kenner baggie for the R2 in my Early Bird mailer, upgrade a few of my MOC figures. I'd also really like to score a nice, unused ROTJ vinyl carrying case.

-As far as foreign licenses are concerned, I'd really like to eventually land a nice trilogo Leia Hoth....for obvious reasons. It's totally rad. I've also been considering integrating one MOC figure from each foreign (to U.S.) licenses into my carded set. I think it would be a neat way to showcase the various MOC offerings while also reflecting the worldwide appeal that this toy line had.

-Not too many more boxed items on my radar at the moment. This is really all the space that I have available for display so bigger boxed items really don't work with my collection right now. The only other thing I'd like to add to the display is my Palitoy Death Star. I have a great display base for it but need to order an acrylic hemisphere to go over it. Once I get that together, things will be tightened up just the way I want them.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:13 am

BobbySharp wrote:

-As far as foreign licenses are concerned, I'd really like to eventually land a nice trilogo Leia Hoth....for obvious reasons. It's totally rad. I've also been considering integrating one MOC figure from each foreign (to U.S.) licenses into my carded set. I think it would be a neat way to showcase the various MOC offerings while also reflecting the worldwide appeal that this toy line had.

Hey hey , back off dude. I don't need the competition lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Really nice collection
thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
grabes1980
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Bobby,

Can you please tell me about your display cases? Did you purchase these as they are or did you make some modifications to them? They're fantastic! Can you tell me how I can acquire them?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 8:45 pm

The quality & diversity of the items keep me looking at the pictures over & over again Smile
Now where are the 'basement find' pictures?
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 1:44 am

I have seen your setup on RS before, Bobby! It's a great display and because I love MOC the most I really enjoy your POTF Anakin and POTF Yak Face.

Welcome to TIG! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BobbySharp
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
BobbySharp

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:03 am

grabes1980 wrote:
Hi Bobby,

Can you please tell me about your display cases? Did you purchase these as they are or did you make some modifications to them? They're fantastic! Can you tell me how I can acquire them?

All the fixtures in the room are from IKEA, mostly the BILLY system. All the display cases are BILLYs including the narrow and shorter ones. I swapped out the included wood shelves for glass ones, installed NON lights, and added on the MOREBO glass doors. The small computer desk is also from IKEA but I can't immediately recall the specific design.

I really like the BILLY stuff. The cabinets are only 11" deep which keeps items from being buried behind other things like you might see in deeper showcases. The system is also versatile as the various sizes of the cases, doors, and other BILLY offerings makes it easy to adapt to any room. Best yet, it's very affordable. I think each full-sized case with glass shelves, doors, and lights will run you just a few bucks over $200 (U.S.). Other showcases that size (if bought new) can run much, much more. All told, I only have about $1200 worth of fixtures in the room.

One issue that I did have with them is that with the glass doors installed, the cases are extremely front-heavy. So much so that the case will simply topple over with both doors open. The doors weigh quite a bit. I had the cases set up for about a year before I purchased the doors so I had to anchor them into the wall studs permanently. IKEA does give you some anchoring hardware with each BILLY case but it's a small, rinky-dink little thing so I purchased my own anchoring hardware.
Back to top Go down
BobbySharp
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
BobbySharp

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:08 am

aussiejames wrote:
The quality & diversity of the items keep me looking at the pictures over & over again Smile
Now where are the 'basement find' pictures?

Heh heh. The diversity of items is a direct result of me being unable to develop any specific focus over the years. My collecting decisions have been fueled mostly by a love of the toys, a tendency to collect smaller sets of things that display well, items with which I have a direct nostalgic connection, and the oddball category of things I consider too cool not to own. I've never been a "collect everything" kind of guy, but certainly a "collect many different kinds of things" guy.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:42 am

Impresive collection and very clean display , i like it !!
I really would love to own one of those Early bird mailer ...one day!!
thanks for sharing Bobby!!
BTW wellcome to TIG
Cheers
Javi
Back to top Go down
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:44 am

A very impressive collection and a clean tidy looking well laid out display room, well done and keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
BobbySharp
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
BobbySharp

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:51 am

Gorneesh wrote:
A very impressive collection and a clean tidy looking well laid out display room, well done and keep up the good work.

My Early Bird mailer was a part Frankenstein, part rescue project. I had a bagged DT Luke for quite some time before I ended up purchasing another set of EB figures from someone that had them as a kid. The only ones he opened were Luke and the R2. Leia and Chewie were still bagged but the tray/box was long gone. Another box and tray I got years later. I ran an ad for buying collections and got a call from a woman who lived near me. While I was looking over her small selection of toys, I noticed the mailer box in a wastebasket near the table on which everything was set out. It was getting tossed with the rubbish!
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:31 pm

BobbySharp wrote:
My Early Bird mailer was a part Frankenstein, part rescue project. I had a bagged DT Luke for quite some time before I ended up purchasing another set of EB figures from someone that had them as a kid. The only ones he opened were Luke and the R2. Leia and Chewie were still bagged but the tray/box was long gone. Another box and tray I got years later. I ran an ad for buying collections and got a call from a woman who lived near me. While I was looking over her small selection of toys, I noticed the mailer box in a wastebasket near the table on which everything was set out. It was getting tossed with the rubbish!

Wow. What a great story. Very nice collection, diverse and well displayed. Love the POTF Anakin and Yak Face, welcome to TIG cheers
Back to top Go down
Eric Taylor
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Eric Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:08 am

Have you given any thought to a name , I mean Gus has the bobacabana , Sansweet has rancho obi wan ..... maybe the Sharplac pit ? Laughing

Great updates , the pics look good but when I stopped by ... well I am still in awe . Outside of the collection itself , really dig the new set up though !

Gotta grab a beer soon , I'll bake a vader cake haha
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 am

A truly awesome Display there!

You have so much of everything that the display has something for everyone to like!

There's so much to see I don't know where to start but Kudos for the Early Bird set! ... it still on my bucket list to aquire for my mailers. hopefully you can get the correct baggie soon to complete it.

I love the fact that you managed to display everything so cleanly too. Well done and thanks for Sharing!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Always a pleasure to see this collection and display. You can see you really put some effort into it.
And of course, the wallpaper rocks cheers
Back to top Go down
BobbySharp
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
BobbySharp

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 9:11 pm

Eric Taylor wrote:
Have you given any thought to a name , I mean Gus has the bobacabana , Sansweet has rancho obi wan ..... maybe the Sharplac pit ? Laughing

Great updates , the pics look good but when I stopped by ... well I am still in awe . Outside of the collection itself , really dig the new set up though !

Gotta grab a beer soon , I'll bake a vader cake haha

Eric, I'm on summer break so lets make that beer happen. No name for the collection. Gus and Steve have names...but those fellas' collections are a bit more prolific than mine. Heh heh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharp's Collection    Sharp's Collection  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharp's Collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next