The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) Empty
PostSubject: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:44 am

THIS THREAD CONTAINS BLUNT TALK ABOUT THE MOVIE!!!! YOU"VE BEEN WARNED!!!

STOP HERE!!!! IF YOU HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT, THERE IS AVENGERS SPOILERS BELOW

Last edited by Darthberizing on Tue May 08, 2012 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:54 am

So, lets talk about the Avengers!

I can't even begin to try and pick out a favorite moment, scene, interaction. I thought it was just brilliant. What made the movie for me was Captain America's unflinching values from a bygone era. His line about God "There's only on God ma'am and he doesn't dress like that" and he disdain for Tony Starks attitude. I really liked how out of place he was while simultaneously being inspirational.

The fight scenes were all great but the best ones were the smaller groups (one on one, 3 people) becuase they really gave us a chance to see people we all want to see win go at each other. Thor's hammer vs. Captain's shield? Who would've thought it????

As far as directing, Whedon did a marvelous job. The guy is a storyteller, plain and simple.

Lastly, I thought it was Galactus in the post credit. My bad. I thought they might be rebooting him after the silliness of the "fog" in Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.

So what did you all think??
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:44 pm

I thought it was a great movie! Alltogether it felt more like an Ironman movie. Your spot-on with the Captain America's view. I really liked towards the end of the movie whe The Captain took charge an directed the Avengers in the course of action and of course "Hulk Smash." The way the Hulk was used was amazing and comical. My fav. scene. Loki's talking s**t to the Hulk and mid-sentence Loki's being thrashed repeatedly upon the floor. All in all "Best" Marvel movie thus far.

Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:41 pm

It was absolutely awesome. I am by no means a fanboy, i call em like i see em, and i definitely have a penchant for haterade. I cant see how the movie could be better. The whole concept could have been such a disaster, and Whedon pulled it off in spades. I can definitely say that my favorite part was the Hulk Thor sucker punch. It was so unexpected, but vintage Whedon. Saw it twice and it was just as good the second time around. My second favorite superhero movie of all time.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:26 pm

I LOVED IT!!!!! I can honestly say I really have nothing to nit pick over. The Marvel Comic Universe and the Marvel Movie Universe are totally seperate from each other so those who have nit picked over details need to remember that.

Favorite moment for me is a tie between Hulk smashing the shit out of Loki or the nice simple scene of Hulk catching Iron Man before he crashs to earth after redirecting the nuclear warhead.

I had moments where I wanted to stand and cheer. Times when I laughed my guts out and times when I had tears in my eyes. I know the people sitting around me were probably annoyed when i'd give a little roar when Hulk would appear onscreen.

I admit to being a total comic geek, and it's always a huge thrill to sit in the theatre and see my childhood heroes come alive on the big screen. It's two hours to get lost in a world where superheroes are real and the bullies always loose. I can't wait for the next Marvel movie.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:35 pm

dylbacca wrote:
Saw it twice and it was just as good the second time around. My second favorite superhero movie of all time.

I'm going to try and see it again this weekend. If Mother's Day wasn't last weekend I wouldv'e been there.

BTW - Who holds the top spot for you? I'm thinking Superman IV: The Quest for Peace lol!
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 12:54 am

I would have to say Batman & Robin... Words cant even describe how "AWESOME" this movie was...(n't)
Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:47 am

Top spot is either Man-Thing or Elektra.

seriously, the dark knight. Aside from star wars, batman was always my favorite, and i think the Dark Knight is the best handling of his story yet.

Loved the avengers though. Absolutely awesome.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:27 am

The reboot of the Batman movies pretty much saved the franchise. I didn't really like any of the previous ones. They were okay at best IMHO. Bale and Nolan just took it to another level. Both movies were perfectly done and the 3rd looks to be killer.

Back to top Go down
dylbacca
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
dylbacca

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:48 am

To be honest, i really didnt like batman begins. I felt that the action scenes were very clumsy and mishandled, and i really didnt like liam neeson as Ghul. Dark Knight kicked butt though, and i really felt like nolan tightened up his game with that one and came through with an incredible crime epic. Its my favorite super hero movie. Iron man is definitely up there also though.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:53 am

I liked Liam as Guhl. But I like that guy in anything. He could play Erin Brocovich and I'd go see it.

Dark Knight is certainly way better though. It was like everyone was at their peak performance for that movie. I've seen it maybe a dozen times and it never looses anything.

Last edited by Darthberizing on Fri May 18, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:04 am

Great Movie. I enjoyed every piece of it.

The scene in which Agent Coulson bravely guns down Loki with a supersized blaster, put a big smile on my face; "Oh, so that's what it does."

Agen Coulson is a true hero, and he collects vintage too!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Dr Dengar,

Did you by chance chck out any of the extra footage from the Captain America movie? Theres a Marvel One-Shot called "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer..
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Boomstick66 wrote:
Dr Dengar,

Did you by chance chck out any of the extra footage from the Captain America movie? .

Nope, I did not, but I do now...

Brilliant video, thanks for letting me know, Jason!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Went and saw it again!!!

Second time is as sweet as the first!!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I saw it again last night too. It was just as sweet the second time around. I'm so super pleased with this movie. HULK SMASH!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)   Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avengers - Discussion Thread (Spoliers could be in here)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1