The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My 2-1b focus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
stormtrooper37
New User
New User

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:11 am

Unusual focus, but stunning. Must be the best 21b focus around.

Personal favorite the Meccano Cool
Back to top Go down
crealkilla
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
crealkilla

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 pm

Great focus and your Meccano 45 back looks cool.
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 am

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1060021

Thanks to DarthStanley for the heads up on this. It's a double pronged bubble Palitoy 45c which I haven't seen before. It came from ToyToni and looks case fresh.

Smile

Jason

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
robsolo32
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Holy cow!! Nice 2-1B family there.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 12:17 am

Another really great focus!! I'm a sucker for foreign (to the US) carded figures, so I really enjoyed that part of your run. And I have to say, the POTF carded figure is a very cool way to display a coin. Where did you get the card back? Or did you make it yourself?

And thanks for keeping us updated on your finds. I know I'm absolutely horrible at that, but I really enjoyed your limelight!
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:41 am

I got them all together for a group photo at the weekend!

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070439_zps33d65f42

Here they all are, medical droid overload!

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070443_zps5608a6ed

Top left:- Kenner 5esb-41a, 3esb-41b, 3esb-41d, 6esb-45a

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070444_zps8608f821

Middle left:- Kenner 7esb-47a, 3esb-48a, 9esb-48c, 1rotj-48d

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070445_zps092a49f6

Bottom left:- Kenner 2rotj-65b, 4rotj-65d, 2rotj-77a, 2rotj-79a

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070446_zps46c2caa2

Top centre:- Palitoy 30b, 41a, 41b, 45a reseal

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070449_zps06195c28

Middle centre:- Palitoy 45b, 45c, 45c double stem, 70c tri-logo

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070451_zps8d0af939

Bottom centre:- Kenner 2rotj-65b with Free Coin Offer sticker, Palitoy 70c tri-logo with clipper sticker on the back, Kenner Canada 41 back with survival offer, Kenner Canada 41 back cardback offerless

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070452_zpsbb631382

Top right:- German General Mills ESB 45a double stem, German General Mills ESB 45a single stem, German General Mills ESB 45b cardback, Clipper ESB 45 reseal

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070453_zps182258c5

Middle right:-Meccano square card reseal, Meccano 45 back reseal, Revenge of the Jedi proof card, POTF coin on mockup card

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1070454_zps90fc9d25

Bottom right:- AFA 90 graded loose HK flat finish, AFA 85 graded loose HK metallic finish, Kenner baggy

Hope you liked seeing them all together!

Smile

Jason
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:48 am

Great focus
Thanks for sharing

I thought that My swedish mate Fredrik was The only one with a 2 1b focus but im glad there is stuff enough for The both Of you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:18 am

yeah-sus wrote:
Great focus
Thanks for sharing

I thought that My swedish mate Fredrik was The only one with a 2 1b focus but im glad there is stuff enough for The both Of you Very Happy

Yes, I started first and then Frank posted his collection on rebelscum a few years afterwards I posted mine. He has some great pre production stuff,
a MOC palitoy 45a I'm quite jealous of, a Canadian transition card and some bubble and sticker variants I'm missing. I haven't heard
from him in a few years, I think he had his collection packed away a few years after he limelighted in on rebelscum.

Smile

Jason

Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:13 pm

yes thats right
he had to move quite often for a while but now has he saddle down in a great apartment and i know he have his focus on display again.

I think he having a hard time to add stuff for the focus and thats why he doesnt do any limelights right now.

Yeah the transition moc he got from kellerman is really cool
Back to top Go down
Youthberg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi guys! Long time, no see Smile

Really nice to see your collection growing Jason, some great additions since last time.
I love the Palitoy shelf, and the Coin Offer is great too - did you get it from Scott?

Collecting has been slow for a couple of years, mostly due to the reasons already stated in this thread. I'm still sharing our mutual love for the Doctor though, so you're not all out of competition yet Wink

Btw, the transition didn't come from Kellerman, but from a canadian collector Smile

Keep it up, see you on eBay! Wink
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Youthberg wrote:
Hi guys! Long time, no see Smile

Really nice to see your collection growing Jason, some great additions since last time.
I love the Palitoy shelf, and the Coin Offer is great too - did you get it from Scott?

Collecting has been slow for a couple of years, mostly due to the reasons already stated in this thread. I'm still sharing our mutual love for the Doctor though, so you're not all out of competition yet Wink

Btw, the transition didn't come from Kellerman, but from a canadian collector Smile

Keep it up, see you on eBay! Wink
Hey there, great to hear from you. The Coin Offer came off ebay from known scammer and bad guy Shaun Neincast at Dallas Vintage Toys.
Was a bit worried about that, but they don't come up often and I got it quite cheap. All went well with the auction/deal so I guess he's not all bad.

Still looking for the same rare pieces that you're after, though I think my foreign carded is quite extensive now. Between us, we'd have a kick ass 2-1b display as there's a fair bit of overlap now!

Smile 

cheers Jason
Back to top Go down
Youthberg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:05 pm

mr_palitoy wrote:

Hey there, great to hear from you. The Coin Offer came off ebay from known scammer and bad guy Shaun Neincast at Dallas Vintage Toys.
Was a bit worried about that, but they don't come up often and I got it quite cheap. All went well with the auction/deal so I guess he's not all bad.

Still looking for the same rare pieces that you're after, though I think my foreign carded is quite extensive now. Between us, we'd have a kick ass 2-1b display as there's a fair bit of overlap now!

Smile 

cheers Jason
Ah, is Shaun still around? I had hoped not, but good that your deal went well.

And yes, a split display between the two of us would look great for sure Smile Is it just me though, or does it seem a little bit slow on eBay (regarding 2-1B) nowadays? I hardly ever see anything come up anymore, not even the more common carded pieces.

I forgot, those new german pieces are great too! I have never seen the one without the text on the back, and I have been e-mailing ToyToni about the single stem variation for awhile, but without any luck. Oh well... Smile

//Fredrik
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Youthberg wrote:
mr_palitoy wrote:

Smile 

cheers Jason
Ah, is Shaun still around? I had hoped not, but good that your deal went well.

And yes, a split display between the two of us would look great for sure :)Is it just me though, or does it seem a little bit slow on eBay (regarding 2-1B) nowadays? I hardly ever see anything come up anymore, not even the more common carded pieces.

I forgot, those new german pieces are great too! I have never seen the one without the text on the back, and I have been e-mailing ToyToni about the single stem variation for awhile, but without any luck. Oh well... Smile

//Fredrik
Yes ebay is quite slow and hardly anything I need comes up on there, just the coin offer in recent years, though I did miss out on a stickered Kenner
special offer. My other stuff has come from Toy Toni and looking at the Trade sections on the forums. There was also a clipper MOC posted on my facebook
group which I also missed out on due to lack of money. And a prototype figure on rebelscum last year that I couldn't afford. I also get heads up from fellow collectors who have seen my limelights for some of these. Keep at it with Toni, he has a bunch of german/palitoy cards, he may well have stuff you need.

cheers Jason

Back to top Go down
Youthberg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Cool - Maybe the same Clipper that was sold on RS a couple of years ago. Do you have pictures of the Clipper and the Prototype?
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Youthberg wrote:
Cool - Maybe the same Clipper that was sold on RS a couple of years ago. Do you have pictures of the Clipper and the Prototype?
No, I'm afraid not. From memory, the clipper looked nice enough, and the prototype figure was transparent. The prototype should be findable
in the rebelscum trade section of the forum if you have the patience to search and trawl through.

cheers Jason
Back to top Go down
Youthberg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks - I'm going to stop highjacking your thread now Wink

//Fredrik
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Youthberg wrote:
Thanks - I'm going to stop highjacking your thread now Wink

//Fredrik
No probs, I'll let you know if I see any pieces I think you need, now that I know you're active again.

Smile 

Jason
Back to top Go down
Youthberg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:00 am

Thanks, and likewise Smile

How rare is the offerless Palitoy 45-back 2-1B? Didn't think it would be so hard to find, but I have actually never seen a carded piece for sale.
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:30 am

Youthberg wrote:
Thanks, and likewise Smile

How rare is the offerless Palitoy 45-back 2-1B? Didn't think it would be so hard to find, but I have actually never seen a carded piece for sale.
The 41A and 41B are most prevalent on ESB card. The 45A is the rarest of the ESBs, both me and Gary Smith are looking for one of those.
45B offerless is somewhere in between, me and Gary both have one of those. Will keep an eye out for you!

Jason
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:44 am

First new addition for a while. This is a Kenner 48 back, with not one, but with two stickers.

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1090745_zps15358d81

The first is the free revenge of the jedi sticker. Still looking for a MOC with just this sticker on it.

The second is the black wrap round Clipper sticker.

cheers Jason
Back to top Go down
Youthberg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:02 am

Nice! Haven't seen that one before Smile
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:08 am

Hey there, yes, was a nice surprise to see that.

Have you been following Tonigate?

The upshot is that our Palitoy 45c and German ESB 45 back cards are fakes made by Toy Toni.

Sad 

Jason
Back to top Go down
Youthberg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 2:30 pm

Sorry, totally missed your answer.

Yeah, the TT thing is great... Not Smile //Borat

Are the trilogos that came from him also fake? And what about the ROTJ 45-backs with double stem bubble?
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Youthberg wrote:
Sorry, totally missed your answer.

Yeah, the TT thing is great... Not Smile//Borat

Are the trilogos that came from him also fake? And what about the ROTJ 45-backs with double stem bubble?

Trilogos are ok, he didnt fake any of those as far as we're aware.

I have a double stem ROTJ 45 back I got directly from Toni, so they are suspect too.

Happy to look at any pictures you have to give an opinion, seemed to have turned into the expert on judging these.

PM me if you want to do that.

cheers Jason
Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 pm

So in the post Toy Toni world 5 of these MOC pieces were down to Toni.

The Palitoy 45C 2-1b with rectangular bubble. I had 2 of these and AFA 85 and and an AFA 90. I have sold on the AFA 90 with full disclosure.
The Palitoy 45C with double stemmed bubble came directly from the man himself.
Then also German ESB 45b with the English text on the back of the card. I have a single stem with missing embossed number on it from his
Toniship and a double stemmed bubble.

Have decided to keep these pieces for now as I have no genuine factory sealed examples of any of them. I think a Palitoy 45C is rare
as I have yet to see a genuine example, I believe it will be a double stemmed bubble or rectangular bubble with gaps at the bottom
as the used cardback I have has a bubble imprint which matches this.

Anyway, onto the new MOC:-

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1100538_zps360596a1

This is a genuine factory sealed Palitoy 45CN, this was made and carded in Hong Kong, where Toni couldnt
get his grubby mitts on it. It is the card that was already featured on my Palitoy guide at:-

http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy/rotj45ccardback.htm

I have updated the photo on my guide and added that the bubble has 03A embossed in the bottom right hand corner:-

My 2-1b focus - Page 2 P1100542_zpse6dfa8d1

Other differences from the regular Palitoy 45C are the punch which is perforrated and the HN letters after (ROJ1) on the back of
the card. I am also delighted that this card has a price sticker on it that shows it was shop sold and that it has been
nowhere near AFA.

All in, I'm well chuffed. It's been sitting on ebay for months, I guess only I knew it was genuine. It was only with my recent
ebay sales that I could justify buying it.

Smile

Jason
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 2-1b focus   My 2-1b focus - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My 2-1b focus

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next