The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

some lame ebayer!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

some lame ebayer! Empty
PostSubject: some lame ebayer!   some lame ebayer! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:34 pm

I have to vent to my fellow Gunners.

I bought a r5-d4 on ebay ( new one that is ) and was expecting a brand new mint toy but when i got the package the bubble had been damaged. The guy had used a box that was too smalle to begin with to try to protect the bubble part of the toy and then he slid the card in an enveloppe and shipped it out to me. Of course the toy arrived somewhat crushed. It is not the end of the world since i did not pay too much to begin with but i was dissed nonetheless.

I wrote to the guy telling him that his packaging was inadequate and that i was not happy with the purchase and was about to leave him a negative for this since he had advertised it as brand new on ebay. Today he wrote to me saying that he was sorry this happened but to ad insult to the injury he plain told me,

"if i had known you were a collector i would have shipped it in a box".

I was like whhhhhhhhhatttttt the --------------------!!!!!

this has to be the dumbest statement i have seen on ebay since the beginning of time. Its like shipping an antique china vase in an iron box with no protection or support. You know its not gonna make the trip safely. I just shook my head in disbelief.

he offered me a 5$ refund and i said i would take it , the other alternative was to return the toy for a full refund...yes right, i spend another 10$ to get an initial refund so i end up in the hole with this transaction. i ll go the 5$ way with this and pick up another one one Feebay.

I have learned my lesson and will assume that everyone is freaking dumb and ask them if they ship these kind of things in a box rather than some envelope or macguivered contraption he did to me. the sad part is that this guy seems that have sold a lot of things and his feedback is decent but i am scared for other people who have to deal with him for their toy needs.

sorry but i had to vent. this is the first time it happens to me.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

some lame ebayer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: some lame ebayer!   some lame ebayer! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Bud

Glad you got some satisfaction. Personally I'd like to know who it is so (in case someone here buys from him) we can inform him we are collectors and not suffer the same fate.

I'm moving this to the Watch Out Section too, seems a better place

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

some lame ebayer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: some lame ebayer!   some lame ebayer! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:00 pm

Happend to me many times, i've also gotten the comment "If I had known you where a collector bla bla" simple excuse and how hard is it to ship properly?
Can't even count all stuff I have gotten so badly packed that it's broken, or stuff adverticed as not broken but then every single piece are. And yeah take the refund, it cost more to send it back.

I filed my first claim to ebay on a case close to yours. It was a Ahsoka Tano CW 44, I wanted a moc to have in background display. It came in a cornflaces box... sure he did add some news paper to pack it with but the box couldn't hardly make the trip around the world without damaging the moc, half of the box was crushed and so was the moc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Sponsored content

some lame ebayer! Empty
PostSubject: Re: some lame ebayer!   some lame ebayer! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some lame ebayer!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1