The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

re Luke Farmboy variants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

re Luke Farmboy variants Empty
PostSubject: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:14 am

Hi all its a while since I last posted and was only looking back on my original limelight yesterday and think 95% of what was on there then has now gone Sad but one door closes and another opens so its all good and look forward to updating it soon with whats current Very Happy

But I wonder if anyone can let me know what variants there are on Luke Farmboy that AFA for example would recognise when grading a loose figure as I have a couple but notice UK Graders only mention the hair and not the pants.
I dont really want to go off on a variant tangent but would be quite interested to see if I could put together a run of acknowledged different types (apologies if some of this has been mentioned in the FOTW thread).

So far I have
1) Brown Hair / Light pants
2) Blonde Hair / Dark pants
plus I have seen
3) Blonde Hair / Light pants
4) Brown Hair / Dark pants
5) Dark Brown Hair / Light pants
6) Orange Hair / ?? pants

Many thanks in anticipation
Tony

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:26 am

Welcome back Smile
I started a similar thread : http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3935-loose-afa-ukg-descriptions
I still haven't 'joined'/registered on the AFA site. Perhaps that's the only way to get a definitive list?
I suspect if you ask UKG for a specific variant label they may consider it.
'Obvious' variants both UKG & AFA 'must' label would be the actual C.O.O. ie. HK, Taiwan, China ..... ??
DT would make the list too Wink

start a picture list:
#6orange hair
re Luke Farmboy variants DSC069091
#5 dark brown hair/lt pants
re Luke Farmboy variants $(KGrHqFHJDcE9!QGenYrBPb7yMBTig~~60_58

Last edited by aussiejames on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 am

#4 brown hair, DRK pants
re Luke Farmboy variants $(KGrHqRHJBoE9qTR)2y6BPb7trOb)Q~~60_58

Last edited by aussiejames on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:46 am

DT saber, no letter variant
re Luke Farmboy variants Afa_luk_sky_l_80_01

this might be a long list Suspect
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 am

Hi James
Thanks for that and after looking at that link I remember reading it and didnt put 2+2 together Mad !!
I have taken these pics of the labels (apologies for quality from my Blackberry !) and you can see that the UK graders label (DT Luke) has a bit more information than the AFA
re Luke Farmboy variants Img-2010
re Luke Farmboy variants Img-2011
re Luke Farmboy variants Img-2012
perhaps I can ask AFA if they know or check on the database ?
cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:51 am

Hmm bit worried about that no letter variant, I'm not good with dt, but I read very good info yesterday and it mentioned that there are no "no letter" variants.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 am

re my DT Luke it mentions "GG" on the hilt of the Lightsaber (its blurred on the pic)
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:56 am

HothTony wrote:
re my DT Luke it mentions "GG" on the hilt of the Lightsaber (its blurred on the pic)

Ah Smile you replied when I was still making my post. I was refering to the post above yours.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:59 am

No picture of the label
http://www.brianstoys.com/Product/SV3LSLUKEC9.26_AFA15945857/Vintage_Loose_AFA_Graded_SW_Luke_Skywalker_(Golden-Brown_Hair_Dark_Pants)_AFA_80_15945857_-_Actual_Photo.aspx

Golden brown hair :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:02 am

aussiejames wrote:
No picture of the label
http://www.brianstoys.com/Product/SV3LSLUKEC9.26_AFA15945857/Vintage_Loose_AFA_Graded_SW_Luke_Skywalker_(Golden-Brown_Hair_Dark_Pants)_AFA_80_15945857_-_Actual_Photo.aspx

Golden brown hair :scratch:

Maybe oxidation like on the leias? Golden brown sounds a bit weird. I'll check my lukes when I get back home.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:09 am

Hey Rawlin thats ok I did realise you wasnt mentioning mine but thought I would add anyway Very Happy
James ....Golden Brown hair ..... see this is where it gets messy Laughing
I noticed on Jeffs Museum limelight on RS that he has 8 graded Lukes all lined up and i have asked him what the descriptions are of his ones.
Tony
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:14 am

Rawlin wrote:
Hmm bit worried about that no letter variant, I'm not good with dt, but I read very good info yesterday and it mentioned that there are no "no letter" variants.
not so good info Wink
There are legit DTs without letters.

Tony I was going to suggest contacting Jeff Smile
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:20 am

Great minds think alike James Very Happy

I have just bought another DT Luke and waiting for it to arrive but label does not mention anything on the lightsabre ??
re Luke Farmboy variants Kgrhqv10
One of the reasons I only lookded for graded was I didnt want to take a chance on a fake loose Sad
Tony
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:42 am

aussiejames wrote:
Rawlin wrote:
not so good info Wink
There are legit DTs without letters.

Tony I was going to suggest contacting Jeff Smile

Well it was good info, actually very good info, but I'm far from good at dt's. If I get one I won't buy any without letters that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:06 am

HothTony wrote:
Great minds think alike James Very Happy

I have just bought another DT Luke and waiting for it to arrive but label does not mention anything on the lightsabre ??
re Luke Farmboy variants Kgrhqv10
One of the reasons I only lookded for graded was I didnt want to take a chance on a fake loose Sad
Tony

Of what I've read, I wouldn't trust AFA with weapons and accessories.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:13 am

I wonder if you have a COA from Tom Derby it helps but tend to agree with you ...... its a worry if that is the case with AFA Shocked
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:42 am

Apparently there is a Metallic Green pants variant now as well .... wonder if AFA would state that Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-VINTAGE-1977-Luke-Skywalker-Metallic-Green-Pants-Variant-C7-Complete-/130636369831?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6a88cfa7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: re Luke Farmboy variants   re Luke Farmboy variants I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

re Luke Farmboy variants

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1