The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle Empty
PostSubject: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi guys looked at my solos today when i saw this circle on one of my hans beltbuckle,he got the coo 6 from wolfs list but i cant find anything of him when i tried to search here and on RS.
I looked at pomses variationguide but the 2 no coo he has doesnt got the same mould?
is there different molds with the same coo? and if so is there anybody who got a moc with this belt variation to post up?

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle Germanhan-front

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle Germanhan-back

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle Gemanhan-coo

Last edited by yeah-sus on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Honestly I dont get what you are asking for! The beltbuckle looks pretty normal IMO or do I miss sth here???

You have a picture to compare and can you please point out more what the differneces are in your opinion??
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi yeah-sus, as you look at the buckle, is the circle you refer to the small (raised?) spot half way up on the right? If so it looks like it could be due to a manufacturing flaw.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:35 pm

exactly cantina its raised,i thought this was usual so i didnt mention it

here is pictures of pomses nocoo for reference

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle Vintage%20Han%20Solo%2061a

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle Vintage%20Han%20Solo%2055c

and here is a picture of mine again

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle Closeup-1
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Looking at the close up photo I'm affraid it definately looks like a manufacturig flaw IMO. Possibly the result of a defect in the mould.

Last edited by cantina_patron on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Ok,strange that nobody has tried to make it a variant cause there has to be thousands of him?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:08 pm

As I understand it, whether there is one known example or thousands, before a figure is accepted as a variant there needs to be evidence that any differences in sculpt, paint colour, paint application etc. were intentionally made by the manufacturer. Unintentional differences are not variants.
Back to top Go down
HWR
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:01 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
A any differences in sculpt,

Have to correct you here, you mean differences in mold. a difference in sculpt is a major change like Han Solo's two different heads. All minor differences are differences in mold as the same sculpt was used for them. Chris G, gave a good definition between differences in sculpt or mold over at RS.

But I agree with your statement, that a difference need to be intended to be a variation a production error is not a variation.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:48 am

HWR wrote:
Chris G, gave a good definition between differences in sculpt or mold over at RS.

But I agree with your statement, that a difference need to be intended to be a variation a production error is not a variation.

I'm glad that you agree with the main point of my statement.

Could you give me a link to the RS post by Chris G? As I would be interested in reading it.
Back to top Go down
HWR
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:00 am

I will see if I can find the link, but acording to Chris (who knows a lot about the production process of the figures), the only two changwes to the sculpt is Han Solo and Snaggletooth.

On these two figures the sculpt from which the figures were made were changed. On all the others it's just the mold in which the figures were cast, that were chaged.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:59 pm

HWR wrote:
I will see if I can find the link, but acording to Chris (who knows a lot about the production process of the figures), the only two changwes to the sculpt is Han Solo and Snaggletooth.

On these two figures the sculpt from which the figures were made were changed. On all the others it's just the mold in which the figures were cast, that were chaged.

I didn't read the RS article, but based upon the info in this thread that sounds like an artificial division line to me.

Are the given examples for sculpt differences (Han Solo small/big head, red/blue Snaggletooth) not just based upon differences in the used steel moulds as well?

The differences are bigger, but why use a different terminology?

Where do you draw the line between a sculpt and mould difference in the examples given below?

Blue Snaggletooth > Short Mask Biker Scout > Small Head Han Solo > Curled thumb Imperial Commander > Keyhole pocket on back of belt Luke Bespin > COO difference

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:23 pm

No matter how you call your mold changes...this one is not from a steelmold!!

If it would really a "circle" in a steelmold how could this please happen??? And it wouldnt look like a "drop". Its simply an material/factory error!

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:30 pm

wbobafett wrote:

If it would really a "circle" in a steelmold how could this please happen??? And it wouldnt look like a "drop". Its simply an material/factory error!

I did not refer to the belt buckle, just in general on the differences between sculpt and mould differences.

Hmm, maybe I was hijacking? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
wbobafett wrote:

I did not refer to the belt buckle, just in general on the differences between sculpt and mould differences.

Thats why I said: Your discussions on the terms are not invloved in my statement: "No matter how you call your mold changes."

Im just saying: This discussion has nothing to do with the shown figure here!

Thats all!......

I wont get involved in your discussion Marco.....its too....I dont know....I just stay out this time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:38 pm

wbobafett wrote:

I wont get involved in your discussion Marco.....its too....I dont know....I just stay out this time Very Happy

lol! good decision, I am in a bad mood today, probably worked too hard this week, and still a long way till Friday.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:44 pm

First of all.....I was not trying to say that this is a hijack....I just wanted to commet on the figure....and not taking part on the discussion that has now started.

Just go on with it. It seems Im lost in translation a bid today!!....and my day was too long also!!

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:49 pm

No worries dude. PM sent.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Anyway, I know the thread Henrikis talking about, but cant find it right away. But here is 2, 1 an article and 1 a thread dealing with the production of figures.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t930520/

http://www.12back.com/features/creation/creation.php3

Ill keep looking for the other thread. I couldvce sworn I bookmarked that thread, but cant find it right now.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Thank you very much for posting those links Chris. The article from '12back.com' makes very interesting reading. I have certainly learnt a lot more about the production processes.
Once I've made a cuppa I'll read the RS thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Looks like I need to pass on my Link Masta badge onto someone else. I still havent found that other thread.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Here it is Chris:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1074167/

Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:02 pm

RebelChris wrote:
Here it is Chris:

Wink

Gammy Guard? LOL, you will not take my badge yet, sir. lol! Good try though.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks for the link RebelChris! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Chris_J wrote:
RebelChris wrote:
Here it is Chris:

Wink

Gammy Guard? LOL, you will not take my badge yet, sir. lol! Good try though.

Hey, at least I found it! Razz

lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:41 pm

I was actually looking for the thread molds vs. scuplts. But I cant remember the exact title to the thread. But you can have the lower half of the badge. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle   Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Han solo with raised knob on beltbuckle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1